6248 Members
57 Forums
16104 Topics
277469 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#302307 - 07/13/17 09:10 PM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: bigswede]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan, USA
I'm just going to pick one "fact" from the many presented.

"One of Arrhenius' students was Bert Bolin..."

Svante Arrhenius -Born Feb 1859 - Died October 1927

Bert Bolin - Born May 1925 – Died December 2007

Edited by Ujest Shurly (07/13/17 09:15 PM)

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#302308 - 07/14/17 12:44 AM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: Ujest Shurly]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Ignore - that's one of those irrelevant 'fact' things.

#302309 - 07/14/17 01:53 AM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I wrote this because I was a little bored after spending all day with my sick mother in the hospital.

>for the obvious reason the UN is a political body, just like Congress.

>interesting spculation but the reality is entrapenuers are the ones trying to sell air not rulers of countries(look it up)

>Not sure what all that is, but has nothing to do with global warming

>He didn't deem it a greenhouse gas. He was the first to quantify the effect of CO2 in the atmosphere. Later would the term "greenhouse" be used.

>and how does this impact climatology?

One of Arrhenius' students was Bert Bolin who

>what you mean is, he was a student of the works of Arrhenius, not an actual student in a class, just as I am a student of modelling theory but not a student of the Russian School.

>again what does the history lesson have to do with climatology?

>inert so that means what? does it mean it is not a greenhouse gas? A definition is necessary since I do not believe you know what it is.
Def Greenhouse gas :: "A greenhouse gas is a gas that absorbs infrared radiation (IR) and radiates heat in all directions." where do you see anything about being inert???

>again etc

>My Got ... did you read your own post. Arrhenius had already theorized and made the calculations for increased CO2 in the atmosphere that Man could easily cause the increases in CO2 which would result in increased surface temperatures. No one was looking for a culprit. The theory had been advanced and was waiting for data to see if it was a viable theory.

> You need to take a couple of 5 modelling theory classes becuase you do not understand modelling at all.

>Please provide a citation or i have to call you out .... bull poopoo. The very few times people submit critical AGW papers and it is peer reviewed, 100% of the time the paper is too weak from every stand point to be useless waste of time. This is why AGW do not submit research, it is not scientific.

> I don;t know what that means but I am sure it makes a great conspiracy

>A common misconception among non-scientists ie scientists are all stupid people ... well .... because they are too smart for their own good.

Scientists follow the facts not PR men or sophomoric attempts at science or investigative reporters. It has nothing to do with being labelled a heretic and has everything to do with analyzing the facts.

Sec Pruitt is a denier for maybe a couple of reasons none of which ahs anything to do with science and probably more to do with idiotology. His criticism of Merkel was disingenuous. The German have had coal plants in the works for years but they are slowly (more slowly than they want) taking coal and nuclear off line. The reason for taking nuclear off line is not some hypocrisy but the inherent dangers of nuclear plants and the spent fuel rods. Wake up.

>I have completely destroyed what you believe is rational scepticism.

> It is not a polluntant and no one says it is, Why would you lie?????
>Christiana Figueres did not say that but right wing pundits did derive that conclusion. So why would you lie???? A better use of what she said would be a discussion of what she meant.

You say you are a rational sceptic and yet you made no scientific appeal to any facts which would be a rebuttal to AGW. You are a denier because you believe there is a conspiracy of scientists and commies who have in secret conspired to enslave you and yet you have no evidence of that and I can point to a ton of scientific evidence AGW is real.

#302340 - 07/16/17 07:56 AM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: logtroll]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

This week, the Republican-controlled House retained an amendment to the 2018 defense funding bill affirming that “climate change is a direct threat to the national security of the United States.”

It orders defense officials to draw up a report laying out which facilities would be most affected.

Climate deniers shake their tiny fists in fury and scream:

Quote:
Damn you cuck RINOs!

#302349 - 07/16/17 09:01 PM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I guess the mainstream Republicans want real facts when it comes to defense. Not the place for their crazy alt-right fanatics.

This leads us to an interesting conclusion: Most Republican Congressmen don't actually believe any of that nonsense, but consider the crazies to be useful idiots.

I think this will sort of come to a head, when armed crazies come to DC after their wive or kid dies for lack of insurance coverage. Republican Congressmen voted to make sure crazy people can get guns. They very recently voted to let people carry concealed weapons into the Capital! Somebody already tried to kill one of them. How many more incidents before they admit some of their ideological votes are not practical?

#302357 - 07/17/17 12:44 PM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: logtroll]
NW Ponderer Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

At least one more, Miss Swan. As always.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#302376 - 07/18/17 08:31 PM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: logtroll]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
The deniers are simply exercising their ignorance and their ability to do what their leaders tell them to. Their leaders, on the other hand, have been bought and paid for by the carbon producers who have also paid their pet scientists to lie their heads off for the big bucks. It is, in other words just more evidence of the greed and lack of concern for the nation.

#302403 - 07/22/17 10:39 PM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: logtroll]
matthew Offline

'
There is one important factor besides money.

Most of the "useful idiots" brainwashed by the Denialist Cabal have been conditioned to be hysterical about "big government" and regulation.

To do anything really effective about global warming clearly must involve global governmental intervention and regulation. For many of these mindless retards, it is more acceptable to deny that they had a mother than admit that a global climate emergency exists.

Our situation requires an effort equivalent to waging World War II.

Ironically, most of the Denialists are proud supporters of the governmental intervention and regulation required by World War II.

But then they have been brainwashed that all intervention and regulation is fine and dandy if it supports the War Machine.

A classic case of George Orwell's "double think."

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans

#302405 - 07/22/17 11:40 PM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: matthew]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: matthew
There is one important factor besides money.

Most of the "useful idiots" brainwashed by the Denialist Cabal have been conditioned to be hysterical about "big government" and regulation.

I agree.

I have been testing this around some Regressive sites and have come to the conclusion that the single most influential factor behind right wing ideology is hatred of the government. For them it as much a fact as God... it is not a subject that they will consent to discuss.

#302406 - 07/23/17 12:19 AM Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? [Re: logtroll]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
the single most influential factor behind right wing ideology is hatred of the government

Now that the federal government is trying to gather up everybody's voter information, these true patriots should immediately cancel their voter registration. Don't want to be in that big federal government database. That's how they know where you live to come for your guns!

We should make sure all the right-wing websites post this.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2