by Golem
09/24/17 07:32 PM
Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci Reunite in Irishman Set Photos
by Golem
09/23/17 11:38 PM
The Hoarding of the American Dream
by pondering_it_all
09/23/17 03:38 AM
With Obamacare repeal less likely, opponents of expansion in the states have jus
by pondering_it_all
09/21/17 11:34 PM
Why America’s 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump canlearnfromit
by matthew
09/20/17 09:05 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/20/17 05:24 PM
What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
by pdx rick
09/20/17 03:39 AM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:46 PM
The Olympics Are Actually Going to Be Terrible For Los Angeles
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/18/17 06:46 PM
The Equifax Hack
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 12:49 AM
Twin Peaks
by jgw
09/17/17 08:20 PM
Forum Stats
6247 Members
57 Forums
16047 Topics
276627 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#302978 - 09/04/17 10:49 AM Re: Round Table for August 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

So I've checking out an urban millennial site lately. Today I interacted with a lot with the commenters. I'd say more than half were pro-Trump. I just can't wrap my head around that. Are there really "Russian bot" trolls? The site just made no sense.

One supposed black female, millennial, was singing the praises of white people and how white people are to be worshipped basically for bringing African-Americans from Africa because they have better lives now.

I was all: WTF? Hmm

Clueless!
Definitely your best post yet, Rick!

#302988 - 09/05/17 12:40 AM Re: Round Table for August 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
white people are to be worshipped basically for bringing African-Americans from Africa because they have better lives now

I think lots of people think Africans are much better off here because of things White people told Africans about Africa. They DO write all the textbooks, run the schools, own the media, etc.

African tribesmen were masters of the technology they had, and some still are. Zulu young men hunt lions with sharp sticks and WIN! Pygmys hunt and eat wild elephants, for God's sake. Pygmy women can build a new hut in about 10 minutes, and know 3000-some wild plants and what they are good for in all their life stages.

Plopped down in Central Africa you would be dead in days unless you were lucky enough to find a native tribe that took you in.

Sure, being free and Black in America today is a lot better than being chained to a bench in the hold of a slaver. It's better than generation after generation of families being ripped apart, women raped, men lynched and castrated, and so on. But I'm not so sure white people deserve thanks.

Let's wait until Blacks have spent more years here free than as slaves and revisit this idea. That will happen in 2111.

#302989 - 09/05/17 01:58 AM Re: Round Table for August 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Because DACA was a hot topic this weekend, a lot of CONservatives were pushing a narrative on that site that there are no Mexican or Black American scientists or inventors. I knew prior to this weekend that there are Black American scientists and inventors, but wasn't sure about Mexican ones. There are. Google had a bunch.

What motivation would CONservatives have to state such things when it's easily fact-checked? Hmm

One guy I was talking to yesterday, supposedly African American given his avatar was supposedly him, said that Trump isn't a racist. I cited the 1970s Justice Department lawsuit which Trump and his father settled where managers of their apartment buildings would write the letter "C" on the applications for "colored" to deny the applicants.

The guy said: Yeah...everything on the internet is true.

Trump has made a big deal of suggesting to people that facts are not true. Is this an example of someone buying into Trump's words? Hmm

#302990 - 09/05/17 02:00 AM Re: Round Table for August 2017 [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: bigswede
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

So I've checking out an urban millennial site lately. Today I interacted with a lot with the commenters. I'd say more than half were pro-Trump. I just can't wrap my head around that. Are there really "Russian bot" trolls? The site just made no sense.

One supposed black female, millennial, was singing the praises of white people and how white people are to be worshipped basically for bringing African-Americans from Africa because they have better lives now.

I was all: WTF? Hmm

Clueless!
Definitely your best post yet, Rick!

I attributed that poster to being a "false-flag" account. Hmm I see that happening a lot in the comments sections these days - which is why I asked about this "Russian bot" phenomena and if it's real.

#302992 - 09/05/17 05:22 AM Re: Round Table for August 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Hey guys, come on over to September

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr, asoso
6247 Registered Users
A2