Google Adsense
Page 28 of 36 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35 36 >
Topic Options
#302458 - 07/27/17 08:38 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: itstarted]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: itstarted
I believe it's about money... laundering and misusing worldwide banks to cover tracks.

A lot of people do, Cousin It. Here is an article from The New Republic which lays out a pretty good case of Russian Mobster Money-Laundering and our great and wonderful President. smile

#302459 - 07/27/17 01:39 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
yeah but .... and here is the but

the president is above the law .... he can pardon himself therefore etc and ergo qed

money laundering has nothing to do with Russia .... it is about gangsters

o did i mention he can pardon himself (and friends)

it has nothing to do with the election therefore etc ergo qed

i mean .... i didn't know he was the best president ever (except for that Lincoln character0 until he told me

yes heil ... ooops strike that hail Trump King of all lands from sea to shining sea

#302461 - 07/27/17 04:09 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: itstarted]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
I really expect we're headed into unkNown waters.

Aye, Captain IT, unknown waters ahead. And in a truly dramatic twist we aren't headed there in a slowly steaming ship of state but on a runaway train.

#302462 - 07/27/17 05:12 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
itstarted Offline
old hand

Loc: Florida/Illinois
Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Originally Posted By: itstarted
I believe it's about money... laundering and misusing worldwide banks to cover tracks.

A lot of people do, Cousin It. Here is an article from The New Republic which lays out a pretty good case of Russian Mobster Money-Laundering and our great and wonderful President. smile

Thanks rick... that's quite a read.

#302465 - 07/27/17 08:10 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I tend to believe that Trump and the Russians is a pretty easy one. His Russian partner, Aras Agalarov loaned Trump a pile of money and now they are asking Trump for 'little' favors in lieu of interest. This is why, for instance, when there are any meetings, Agalarov, or an Agalarov minion is not far away. I also think that the Mueller investigation is going to find this one. In that regard Mueller has hired a regular passel of forensic accountants and, I also think, they are hard at work on Trump. I wouldn't even be surprised that Mueller also has his tax reports.

All this is, incidentally, pure speculation (I get lots of training on speculation by watching the TV news, which seems to be approximately 98% speculation and very little else)

#302499 - 07/29/17 03:54 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: jgw

All this is, incidentally, pure speculation (I get lots of training on speculation by watching the TV news, which seems to be approximately 98% speculation and very little else)

Good speculators make fortunes rise and fall.

#302506 - 07/29/17 09:11 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted By: jgw

Good speculators make fortunes rise and fall.

Indeed. Just ask BillO, Milo Y. laugh , coffee

#302517 - 07/31/17 06:29 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
The other shoe drops:

Bill Browder’s Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing

This is VERY important. Trump Jr. et al went to that meeting to talk about Russia forbidding adoption of Russian children, so they said it was nothing important. But that adoption freeze was Russia's response to the US Magnitsky Act, which sanctions and freezes assets of all human rights violators in Russia after they murdered Magnitsky because of a 200 million dollar corruption case that leads directly to Putin. Putin keeps his billions invested in the west, so he is subject to these sanctions!

The meeting wasn't about child adoption, it was about lifting those sanctions that threaten Putin's personal fortune and his protection of other cronies in Russia.

Quote:
"Pyotr Katsyv, father to Denis Katsyv, is a senior Russian government official and well-placed member of the Putin regime; Denis Katsyv was caught by U.S. law enforcement using proceeds from the crime that Sergei Magnitsky uncovered to purchase high-end Manhattan real estate (the case recently settled with the Katsyv’s paying $6 million to the U.S. government). Natalia Veselnitskaya was their lawyer.

In addition to working on the Katsyv’ s money laundering defense, Ms. Veselnitskaya also headed the aforementioned lobbying campaign to repeal the Magnitsky Act. She hired a number of lobbyists, public relations executives, lawyers, and investigators to assist her in this task.

Her first step was to set up a fake NGO that would ostensibly promote Russian adoptions, although it quickly became clear that the NGO’s sole purpose was to repeal the Magnitsky Act."

from Bill Browder's testimony before Congress

These are the people at that meeting...

#302521 - 07/31/17 08:42 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
The other shoe drops

So many shoes. Like nails in the Republican coffin there never seems to be enough.

#302522 - 07/31/17 11:20 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I think this explains exactly why Putin wanted to get Trump elected so badly. He had run-ins with Clinton when she was Secretary of State and if she became President it could mean real trouble for him.

He and his buddies are heavily invested in US assets that could be seized and he remains in power because he protects so many Russian oligarchs from such seizures and sanctions. If some of these rich guys turn on him, he could wind up dead shortly. Along those lines, I won't be too surprised if Trump isn't assassinated now that he can't protect Putin. Or maybe Russia will just leak whatever it has on him.

Page 28 of 36 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 35 36 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2