Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#302726 - 08/16/17 05:29 PM Re: Charolottesville [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Anyone who saw The Wizard of Oz knows that Flying Monkeys say "Oh we yo - yo-ooooo".
Anyone who has seen a Nazi knows that they say "Jews will not replace us" and "Blood and soil".
(Oh and...the "14 words") wink
Anyone who has seen a Nazi/KKK loving president knows that they say "lots of very fine people on both sides."
It's really very simple!

#302727 - 08/16/17 05:34 PM Re: Charolottesville [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Oh and, PDX Rick, what did Charo ever do to you?

ROTFMOL

#302729 - 08/16/17 07:33 PM Re: Charolottesville [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
This is all very strange. The righteous white right tell us that they had 1500 fellow travelers. I remember listening to some official, from Charlottesville, saying that he watched "hundreds" if torch bearers marching down the street and that gave him some pause. These people are not only out of the woodwork but going public in a pretty big way. If you study your history this is the way it always starts, ie. cowing the public, scaring the crap out of everybody, lying and making all sorts of claims so that they get covered by the news, etc.

Right now it seems that the Republicans, by their studied silence (with exceptions), pretty much have laid claim to the far right mantle Trump running the country by fiat. They spend most of their time interpreting the utterings of their beloved leader Donald Trump. (who we really have no idea of who he is or what he stands for, other than "Donald Trump"). Trump lies, we know he lies and his supporters know he lies and, now, they are starting to mimic that work ethic (lying). This means, basically, that our 2 party system has devolved to the authoritarian model (Hitler, Mussalini, Stalin, Nero, etc) on the right and who knows what on the left (all they seem to agree on is that they hate Trump). I used to believe that the right believed in democracy and one nation governed by the constitution and men of good will. Not any longer - The Republicans have proven that they have no sense of morality, no integrity, and not even a hint that there is a difference between good and evil. This is, I think, not a real good place to be as, it seems, we are just a heartbeat from full on, civil war. This tends to make me a bit nervous.

I think that there are more opposed to the authoritarian model than for it. However, that being said, there are no leaders rising up on the left with any real credentials or followers. Just the same old tired politicians desparate to keep their jobs no matter what they have to personally sacrifice (integrity, honesty, fair play, the nation that we know, etc). Instead we have a left so splintered that I doubt they could agree on the color of the sky. This makes me even more nervous.

I have always believed that there are, someplace, adults that can take charge, get things done, and protect the nation. It was a nice belief that has always given me comfort. I fear that comfort seems to be lessening as the right continues on its unhindered rise. The right may have fewer members than the left but they do have a leader which, in spite of a few weakly protesting from the right, seems to have been accepted and listened to. The rest of us are simply waiting for 'something' to happen and, virtually every day, something does, much to the detriment of the nation and its political body.

When I write to my elected, and sometimes actually talk to them, they actually have very little to say. They are all currently dems, and they have NOTHING to say of any interest. Just the normal mealy mouthed baloney. They whine, they deplore, they feel bad, they don't seem to be capable of leadering and have no leadership, no real thoughts, etc.

We have a bit of a problem, I think..................

#302730 - 08/16/17 11:03 PM Re: Charolottesville [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
1500 fellow travelers

The city of Charlottesville has a population of over 46,000 people. It's hard to believe a few thousand of them couldn't load up their rifles and quickly form a militia to protect the town from outsiders. All they needed was some brightly colored armbands and their beloved guns and stand along every street downtown.

#302733 - 08/17/17 02:56 AM Re: Charolottesville [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Anti-Fa Are Not Liberal Rambos

Please don't link my views with Antifa.
I get that they are marching alongside the counterprotesters, I get that they are currently aligned with the liberals.
This is a relationship of pure convenience, because at their core, what IS AN "ANTIFA" really?
We GET that they claim to be "anti-fa" or "anti-fascist" but WHAT ARE THEY FOR?
Let's pretend that ALL fascism has now been wiped out completely, utterly, 100%.
What is left for the antifa? They now must lead, so what do they lead with? What is their platform?
Their platform, for anyone interested in reading their sermons and screeds, is anarchy.
They do not HAVE THE SUFFICIENT NUMBERS to MAKE an impact ON THIER OWN so they align with the liberals and the Left.
And?? What's the point?
The point is, they are no friends of liberals or the Left either.
They're just using liberals as a tool to promote their own anarchist ideology, and I got absolutely NO USE for anarchists.
The counterprotesters would have done JUST FINE WITHOUT a single Anti-Fa member, and trust me, the same sad tragedy would have happened even if no anti-fa ever showed up, and the resolve of ANTI-NAZI and ANTI-KKK people from all walks of life would have remained every bit as firm.
And if you're too quick to lump the Black Lives Matter movement in with the Anti-Fa you may have missed the fact that BLM has been growing and maturing. We don't see Marissa Johnson and her "Sipping on White Tears" tee shirts anymore, we see Black Lives Matter leaders who are taking a seat at the table and offering sound leadership focus, and that started happening around the time the 2016 Democratic convention took place.
Sorry, I will not be offering any support to Anti-Fa and if that upsets you, you know where the door is, because I have yet to see any actual leadership coming from the Anti-Fa, who aren't FOR ANYTHING in real life.
That's why their entire identity is tied up in an "ANTI" posture.
They ran out of ideas after coming up with that one note pony.

The photo is "The Redneck Revolt" which is an armed offshoot of the Anti-Fa, sort of a redneck John Brown's Army.
The only cause they benefit is their own, or the Right, when the Right uses them as an example of "the violent Left".

#302734 - 08/17/17 04:55 AM Re: Charolottesville [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

This is what a whiney little bitch neo-Nazi looks like:

#302735 - 08/17/17 04:55 AM Re: Charolottesville [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Oh and, PDX Rick, what did Charo ever do to you?

ROTFMOL

Too much coochie, coochie. crazy

(I've seen better looking drag queens laugh )

#302736 - 08/17/17 06:19 AM Re: Charolottesville [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
The counterprotesters would have done JUST FINE WITHOUT a single Anti-Fa member

I actually read some statements from the faith-based people in Charlottesville in a piece by Dahlia Lithwick (Slate's Supreme Court columnist and Charlottsville resident) and several of them said Antifa people saved their lives when alt-righters attacked. A lot of these people were clergy in full uniform.

So, do I believe you or do I believe people who actually were there and experienced violent attacks? The reporter is quite reliable, so I tend to believe her. I suppose all these members of the clergy could be lying to promote some agenda, but somehow I don't think they are all anarchists.

#302738 - 08/17/17 08:37 AM Re: Charolottesville [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Antifa = Anti Fascism

#302739 - 08/17/17 02:09 PM Re: Charolottesville [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Anti-Fa Are Not Liberal Rambos

Please don't link my views with Antifa.
I get that they are marching alongside the counterprotesters, I get that they are currently aligned with the liberals.
This is a relationship of pure convenience, because at their core, what IS AN "ANTIFA" really?
We GET that they claim to be "anti-fa" or "anti-fascist" but WHAT ARE THEY FOR?
Let's pretend that ALL fascism has now been wiped out completely, utterly, 100%.
What is left for the antifa? They now must lead, so what do they lead with? What is their platform?
Their platform, for anyone interested in reading their sermons and screeds, is anarchy.
They do not HAVE THE SUFFICIENT NUMBERS to MAKE an impact ON THIER OWN so they align with the liberals and the Left.
And?? What's the point?
The point is, they are no friends of liberals or the Left either.
They're just using liberals as a tool to promote their own anarchist ideology, and I got absolutely NO USE for anarchists.
The counterprotesters would have done JUST FINE WITHOUT a single Anti-Fa member, and trust me, the same sad tragedy would have happened even if no anti-fa ever showed up, and the resolve of ANTI-NAZI and ANTI-KKK people from all walks of life would have remained every bit as firm.
And if you're too quick to lump the Black Lives Matter movement in with the Anti-Fa you may have missed the fact that BLM has been growing and maturing. We don't see Marissa Johnson and her "Sipping on White Tears" tee shirts anymore, we see Black Lives Matter leaders who are taking a seat at the table and offering sound leadership focus, and that started happening around the time the 2016 Democratic convention took place.
Sorry, I will not be offering any support to Anti-Fa and if that upsets you, you know where the door is, because I have yet to see any actual leadership coming from the Anti-Fa, who aren't FOR ANYTHING in real life.
That's why their entire identity is tied up in an "ANTI" posture.
They ran out of ideas after coming up with that one note pony.

The photo is "The Redneck Revolt" which is an armed offshoot of the Anti-Fa, sort of a redneck John Brown's Army.
The only cause they benefit is their own, or the Right, when the Right uses them as an example of "the violent Left".

Edjumicate yourself

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2