by Golem
09/24/17 07:32 PM
Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci Reunite in Irishman Set Photos
by Golem
09/23/17 11:38 PM
The Hoarding of the American Dream
by pondering_it_all
09/23/17 03:38 AM
With Obamacare repeal less likely, opponents of expansion in the states have jus
by pondering_it_all
09/21/17 11:34 PM
Why America’s 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump canlearnfromit
by matthew
09/20/17 09:05 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/20/17 05:24 PM
What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
by pdx rick
09/20/17 03:39 AM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:46 PM
The Olympics Are Actually Going to Be Terrible For Los Angeles
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/18/17 06:46 PM
The Equifax Hack
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 12:49 AM
Twin Peaks
by jgw
09/17/17 08:20 PM
Forum Stats
6247 Members
57 Forums
16047 Topics
276627 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#302994 - 09/05/17 03:16 PM DACA
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
This is rich.

This morning on MSNBC, Hallie Jackson was interviewing Kansas Secretary of State (and Breitbart columnist) Kris Kloback on the topic of DACA. Kloback, of course, is in favor of jerking the rug right out from under the dreamers. He said they'd already received the "world's greatest gift" -- "the greatest education in the Western Hemisphere."

Apparently there are no DACA recipients in Kansas. Thanks to Governor Brownback's gutting of education in Kansas in service of the "great Republican experiment," high school graduates from there are having a heck of a time getting into college -- those pesky ACT and SAT scores.

Edited by Spag-hetti (09/05/17 03:20 PM)
Edit Reason: spellin'

#302997 - 09/05/17 05:41 PM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
I just heard Atty. General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III say that dreamers were taking jobs away from American citizens. How can that possibly be so?

First of all, all natural born US citizens are exceptional, especially the really pale ones. As I understand it, American exceptionalism only affects people born within the borders of the USA. Not one other country in North, Central, or South American has one whit of it.

So these exceptional people should beat the dreamers out for every job. (Except translators. Ever notice how unexceptional most US Americans are at foreign languages?)

Wonder how the jobs those dreamers have balance against all the taxes and other deductions from their pay for benefits they don't qualify for.

#302999 - 09/05/17 08:29 PM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Hetti, you persist in this delusion that logic should apply here....

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303000 - 09/05/17 08:35 PM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Trump is incredibly lazy, and more than anything lazy in thinking (or lack thereof). His DACA position is the epitome of lazy. He didn't think about it at all. He doesn't understand it at all. He let his racist lackey, Jeff Sessions, take the fall for it. If he meant ANY of it, he would have offered a legislative proposal. He did not. He never has. And I suspect he never will. That would require some consideration. Some thought. Not his thing.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303001 - 09/05/17 08:54 PM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
Well, he could propose legislation, but he can't actually implement it. It's up to Congress now. If they pass anything for the DACA people, and it has a minimal Republican stamp on it, I think Trump will sign it.

#303003 - 09/05/17 11:11 PM Re: DACA [Re: NW Ponderer]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
... That would require some consideration. Some thought. Not his thing.

Seems to run in Republican jeans genes... like the squirts.

#303007 - 09/06/17 01:46 AM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I watched some of what AG Sessions said now and what he said a couple of years ago and I ask you ... didn't he look like he was cumming when he talked about deporting dreamers?

I wonder what he would do if he could deport all non-whites?

#303008 - 09/06/17 03:31 AM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Spag-hetti
I just heard Atty. General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III say that dreamers were taking jobs away from American citizens. How can that possibly be so?

So many godly Americans are being denied baby-sitting and lemonade stand jobs because of those DACAs kids! mad

#303009 - 09/06/17 03:34 AM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Jeffrey Beauregard Session orgasmed(...and I'm sure it's been awhile coffee) in his pants as he read that DACA announcement. He was just so giddy with excitement. Hmm

It figures that an Attorney General named after two Confederate Generals would take a tiki torch to DACA.

#303012 - 09/06/17 08:56 AM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

It's really the ultimate betrayal: Get all the DACA kids to tell the government exactly where they (and often their undocumented parents) live, and then the government turns around and uses that info to round up and deport them and their families.

My opinion of this administration couldn't get lower.

#303013 - 09/06/17 03:07 PM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Sessions has the power, now, to do what he has always dreamed of.... And he doesn't need his white hood to do it in the middle of the night, he can do it in broad daylight. No fig leaf can cover that man's true nature. He is the epitome of the "old South". I was amazed at his deportment during his hearings, belittling and demeaning interlocutors of color and women, and being polite to his white peers - it was patent.

Between his ICE Troopers and his "white rights" division of the DOJ, he's the rightful successor to Heinrich Himmler. Dark days ahead for darkie people of color.

Edited by NW Ponderer (09/06/17 03:31 PM)

#303015 - 09/06/17 04:32 PM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

I think you have understated the seriousness of this. It is not just AG Sessions or just Mr Trump but an entire chunk of America which laid seething with hatred toward anyone who was not white, and now as many of these folks have publicly stated, they have the support of the administration.

I look back at my naivete to believe in the 1960's that within 3 generations this would for the most part be laid to rest. that is genuinely SAD

#303016 - 09/06/17 06:35 PM Re: DACA [Re: rporter314]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Quote:
an entire chunk of America which laid seething with hatred toward anyone who was not white

These are the people who are going to care for us in our old age! We desperately need these kids working so Social Security doesn't go bust. Certainly our own kids are useless and will just leave us in the back seat of the car in the WalMart parking lot when it's 100 degrees out. They aren't about to spend 20 years changing mom's diapers. Our collective future depends on immigrants.

#303027 - 09/07/17 02:00 AM Re: DACA [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
It's really the ultimate betrayal: Get all the DACA kids to tell the government exactly where they (and often their undocumented parents) live, and then the government turns around and uses that info to round up and deport them and their families.

Q: What's the difference between 1930s Nazi Germany and 2017 American CONservtives?

A: Not much. coffee

#303028 - 09/07/17 02:02 AM Re: DACA [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: rporter314
I think you have understated the seriousness of this. It is not just AG Sessions or just Mr Trump but an entire chunk of America which laid seething with hatred toward anyone who was not white, and now as many of these folks have publicly stated, they have the support of the administration.

I look back at my naivete to believe in the 1960's that within 3 generations this would for the most part be laid to rest. that is genuinely SAD

Indeed seething. So many CONservatives have taken their white hoods off in the comment sections of many blogs.

#303032 - 09/07/17 10:53 AM Re: DACA [Re: Spag-hetti]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

i think pundits like to use the word .... EMBOLDENED

the indubitably obvious rhetorical question is why?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr, asoso
6247 Registered Users
A2