by Golem
07:32 PM
Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci Reunite in Irishman Set Photos
by Golem
09/23/17 11:38 PM
The Hoarding of the American Dream
by pondering_it_all
09/23/17 03:38 AM
With Obamacare repeal less likely, opponents of expansion in the states have jus
by pondering_it_all
09/21/17 11:34 PM
Why America’s 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump canlearnfromit
by matthew
09/20/17 09:05 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/20/17 05:24 PM
What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
by pdx rick
09/20/17 03:39 AM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:46 PM
The Olympics Are Actually Going to Be Terrible For Los Angeles
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/18/17 06:46 PM
The Equifax Hack
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 12:49 AM
Twin Peaks
by jgw
09/17/17 08:20 PM
Forum Stats
6247 Members
57 Forums
16047 Topics
276626 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 36 of 71 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 70 71 >
Topic Options
#298953 - 02/24/17 03:49 AM Re: Trump Forum [Re: Ujest Shurly]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

One thing that has been clearly established in the first month of the Trump administration is that if it comes from the White House, it is false. Therefore, for every assertion made from a White House podium, expect the opposite to be true. Pick a topic, I'll provide an example.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#298954 - 02/24/17 04:58 AM Re: Trump Forum [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
i can't fade the bet

it crossed my mind this afternoon that many, if not all of his surrogates and spokespeople, say he is cleaver by presenting chaos to achieve his goals. I have until now concluded he is simply scatter brained as no logical person would attack problems like a Pollack canvas as if that were a highly successful negotiating ploy. I thought about it for a while and concluded I was correct, he is simply scatter brained.

#298956 - 02/24/17 08:16 AM Re: Trump Forum [Re: Ujest Shurly]
bigswede Offline

Originally Posted By: Ujest Shurly

Careful there bigswede your sounding like them radical leftists Commie, Trump hating, immigrant loving, Fake news believein, radical Liberals.

For the sake of maintaining the correct pecking order I'll try to avoid that!
tonbricks

#298957 - 02/24/17 09:58 AM Re: Trump Forum [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: bigswede
...feel free to continue your bigot rants.

I'm not a CONservative, so how would that work? smile

#298960 - 02/24/17 04:16 PM Re: Trump Forum [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

You are coming across as the opinionated bully #1 at this forum just fine nonetheless.

#298962 - 02/24/17 05:11 PM Re: Trump Forum [Re: bigswede]
Phil Hoskins Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: West Hollywood, CA
It appears we need a reminder about the Forum's Guidelines:
Quote:
POSTING STANDARDS OF CONDUCT

Respect One Another's Beliefs

Everyone is expected to treat each other with dignity and respect. Address the issues pertaining to the topic of the thread. Feel free to question, discuss & debate those issues. Feel free to speak your mind regarding the issues. Give others' opinions the same consideration you would like yours to receive.

Flaming & Cheap Shots Are Not Allowed

We do not tolerate personal attacks on members. Feel free to dispute another member's assertions, but don't attack the person. Your response should pertain to what the person said, not what the person "is".

#298976 - 02/24/17 08:19 PM Re: Trump Forum [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

You are coming across as the opinionated bully #1 at this forum just fine nonetheless.

A bully for pointing out your ironic and hypocritical examples and blustering hyperbole? Are you in need of a safe space? coffee

May I suggest dead Andrew's blog? smile

#299015 - 02/25/17 09:19 AM Re: Trump Forum [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Let's get back to topic.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#299017 - 02/25/17 02:48 PM Re: Trump Forum [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

During protests, it is fashionable to declare "not my president." I think that misses the point. Trump IS our President, just as Obama was their President. Unfortunately, they (and that includes Congress) never behaved as if he were, so established that standard. Also, unfortunately, he is also not acting as if he is "our" President.

By acknowledging that he is our President, we can address the larger problem: how the hell did that happen? There are so many reasons that have to be addressed - quality of candidates, vote suppression, the Electoral College, integrity of the process. We should focus on those things so, like the Holocaust, we can declare, "never again."

Trump, however, feeds the furor, because he has no humility. Other Presidents would acknowledge the closeness of the race - especially given the loss of the popular vote. But Trump is incapable of acknowledging anything other than himself. That, alone, will do immeasurable damage to the office, the process, and worst of all, the nation. My prayer is, we survive his presidency. Never in my life has that really been in question. That, now, is is something that most urgently needs to be addressed.

#299018 - 02/25/17 06:05 PM Re: Trump Forum [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
My prayer is, we survive his presidency. Never in my life has that really been in question. That, now, is is something that most urgently needs to be addressed.

"We" survived George W. Bush. "They" survived Obama. "Never in my life" only covers a fraction of our history. Most of us here were born after the end of WWII. None participated in it or recall those days before when we were attempting to rise above the Great Depression...the worst economic crisis in the history of the world.

There have been other horrible presidents in our history and somehow the Union has survived. I'm fully aware of the stormclouds over this presidency but, still and yet, I look for the silver lining. Donald Trump will fail miserably. His Congress will achieve new lows. Millions will suffer, hard lessons will be learned. But, in the end, I believe we will rise above this.

Page 36 of 71 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 70 71 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr, asoso
6247 Registered Users
A2