Forum Stats
6248 Members
57 Forums
16105 Topics
277496 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#303074 - 09/10/17 10:56 PM Leah Remini Forgives Mother For Introducing Her To Scientology As She Accepts Em
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA
Leah Remini Forgives Mother For Introducing Her To Scientology As She Accepts Emmy

Lisa de Moraes
Deadline
September 9, 2017

Quote:
Leah Remini snapped Anthony Bourdainís four-year Emmy winning streak, taking the trophy tonight for Best Informational Series or Special at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards.

Remini won her first Emmy, off her first nom, for A&Eís Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath, exploring accounts of former Scientology members whose lives have been significantly impacted by the orgís practices.

More

#303075 - 09/11/17 04:42 AM Re: Leah Remini Forgives Mother For Introducing Her To Scientology As She Accepts Em [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Every time you expose Scientology, an angel gets her wings!

#303077 - 09/12/17 12:55 AM Re: Leah Remini Forgives Mother For Introducing Her To Scientology As She Accepts Em [Re: Golem]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I always wondered how they came up with the casting of her with Kevin James on King of Queens. She was an 8 and he was a 2. Not rich, not really funny, and often not that nice to her. No way that would happen in real life unless the woman was seriously damaged, and her character wasn't.

Once she gained some weight it made more sense.

Before you start shaming me for weight discrimination, I liked Rosanne and her hubby, and also Melissa McCarthy and hers. I just have a hard time believing early Leah and Kevin as a couple.

#303078 - 09/12/17 10:41 AM Re: Leah Remini Forgives Mother For Introducing Her To Scientology As She Accepts Em [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
I just have a hard time believing early Leah and Kevin as a couple.

Then, you haven't seen Kevin James' new series on CBS: "Kevin Can Wait"

The wife on that show is a skinny rail. Hmm

#303079 - 09/12/17 06:57 PM Re: Leah Remini Forgives Mother For Introducing Her To Scientology As She Accepts Em [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Sorry guys but I'm a fat tub o' lard and my wife looks like either Karen Carpenter or Miss Mona Lisa Vito from My Cousin Vinny depending on whether she does her hair and makeup or goes au naturel.
So in essence, I AM "Kevin" from King of Queens and I actually DO have a "supermodel" skinny wife who looks pretty damn awesome.

Maybe she just needs a good set of glasses?

PS: No I wasn't always a porker...when we got together I was probably 155 pounds but I hit 185 quickly with her down home cooking, then I completely went full fatso and ballooned up to 253.
I just this morning hit UNDER 220 for the first time in ten years.

So maybe the premise is, Kevin James' character wasn't always a fatso. Married life has made him into a plush toy.

#303085 - 09/13/17 02:51 AM Re: Leah Remini Forgives Mother For Introducing Her To Scientology As She Accepts Em [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Quote:
UNDER 220 for the first time in ten years

Yeah, me too! Just this week under 220. I never got over 235 though. And I am 6'4" so I don't look that bad. Sort of ex-footballer.

But comparing you to Kevin James' character on King of Queens I assume you have a lot more redeeming qualities. He really didn't have any.

#303088 - 09/13/17 04:49 AM Re: Leah Remini Forgives Mother For Introducing Her To Scientology As She Accepts Em [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Quote:
UNDER 220 for the first time in ten years

Yeah, me too! Just this week under 220. I never got over 235 though. And I am 6'4" so I don't look that bad. Sort of ex-footballer.

But comparing you to Kevin James' character on King of Queens I assume you have a lot more redeeming qualities. He really didn't have any.

I'm only five eight so 253 looks different on me.
219 looks different on me!
It looks scary.

But we aren't talking about Kevin James' character qualities, we're talking about how hot chicks marry decent looking guys who then start to pork up big time.
Studies seem to indicate that if hubby is becoming plush, it means he is faithful.
Uhhhhh, yeah that's a no brainer.
I'm guessing Karen has read some of those studies, which would explain why I sometimes catch her beaming at me.
It cannot possibly be because she's admiring my spare tire.

#303094 - 09/13/17 08:30 PM Re: Leah Remini Forgives Mother For Introducing Her To Scientology As She Accepts Em [Re: Golem]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

I don't know. Some people just find plushies attractive. There's no accounting for taste. I'm just really attracted to women who will have me. Only one of those for the last 30 years.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2