Topic Options
#303532 - 10/22/17 05:21 AM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Oh my! Jeffrey Haas is a former boy toy! devil

Just be glad I wasn't your boss. LOL , ROTFMOL

All due respect Rick, I would have given an unequivocal NO.
As I was young and naive, I really didn't know she had anything like this in mind...until it became crystal clear that she did.

It wasn't pleasant in any sense of the word, not any sense of the word, and I was stupid enough to think it was all just an accidental slip in judgment. I even questioned my OWN judgment, wondering momentarily if I HAD mistakenly lent myself to this scheme.
All doubts went away very quickly soon after.

#303533 - 10/22/17 05:22 AM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Q: How are Dodger fans like Trump's visit to Puerto Rico?

A: Both show up late, and leave early.

smile

Oh come on, not everyone does that!
I figure it's a ball game. You're going to be dealing with traffic, so what?

#303536 - 10/22/17 10:29 PM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

I was considering dressing-up as a Trump supporter for Halloween. I have decided against it, because I don't think that I can get my head that far up my ass. coffee

#303537 - 10/23/17 01:59 PM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

On this date in 1983, a suicide bomber attacked the US Marine barracks at Beirut International Airport. They drove a truck loaded with 2000 lbs of explosives, killing 241 servicemen.

And strangely, no Benghazi style rounds of endless investigations.

#303538 - 10/23/17 02:16 PM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Another day, another round of trillion dollar cuts to Medicare and Medicaid, and another assault on our retirement pensions from the rabid killers on the Right.
Programs that we pay for with our taxes and hard work are now being referred to as "FREE STUFF" by the Right.
People who PAY their TAXES and contribute their INCOME to PAY for these programs are now being called "moochers, takers and freeloaders" who "failed to make wise decisions for their retirement".

And, do Democrats fight back against these smear campaigns?
Nope, not at all. In fact, not even the well funded Democratic think tanks bother to devote so much as a nickel to counter the tsunami of propaganda from the Kochs, Peter G. Petersen or any of the other skilled mouthpieces on the Right.
All we get are quiet platitudes mumbled from the pursed lips of Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, when what we need is fire, opera, fat and blood, fortified by backbone and muscle.
This is why Democrats suffer from "electile dysfunction".

#303540 - 10/23/17 06:12 PM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
This is why Democrats suffer from "electile dysfunction".

More than half your post is about Democrats, though they are not the ones doing this horrible stuff. I seem to recall an election where they lost the Senate, the House, and the office of President. So it's not like they COULD do much other than bitch and moan. When they do win back some majority somewhere, I expect they will just undo a lot of this crap.

Maybe you should spend more time complaining about the actual bad guys here, and less about the opposition's tactic of quietly letting the bad guys own all their own blunders.

And cutting Medicare is a major blunder: What do you think AARP is going to do in the 2018 election cycle?

#303553 - 10/25/17 02:31 AM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#303556 - 10/25/17 05:11 AM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
When they do win back some majority somewhere, I expect they will just undo a lot of this crap.

When?
In order for them to win, they have to first remember HOW to win.
Sorry but the reason they're in this position is mostly self-inflicted wounds, and what isn't self inflicted consists of wounds suffered from showing up to a gun fight singing kumbaya and carrying a cub scout knife, to cut their shoelaces, which they keep tripping over.

I'm even hearing fellow liberals singing the praises today about impassioned speeches by Jeff Flake and Bob Corker, speeches about how Trump has debased America and introduced a fact free new normal.
The problem is, it's all talk and no action, because when the radical Right Trumpians wanted to kill off the key legislation that drives the CFPB, they voted for it, and Pence cast the tie-breaker.

Quote:
"Both Sens. Corker and Flake, along with Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., joined in the effort to give Trump a major win, even if it will hurt many of his own voters. Consumer advocates had hoped that moderate Republicans Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine would block the GOP effort. They did not."

AFTER DAY OF FEUDING, JEFF FLAKE AND BOB CORKER JOIN TRUMP TO UPEND A MAJOR CONSUMER PROTECTION

In molester terms, they'll make impassioned speeches all day long about how evil molesters are but when the molester needs more nine year old girls, they'll be right there with the cherry tarts.

And yet Democrats think they should cheer Corker and Flake?
Where are the speeches by leading Democrats?
Sorry but I just don't see anything that inspires me yet and the truth is, experts are already predicting a Trump victory in 2020 AND another Right wing supermajority in both houses of Congress in 2018.

If we do not utterly destroy the right wing majorities in both Houses of Congress in 2018, we're finished, and democracy is finished.
If we repeat the same apathy as the 2010 and 2014 mid terms, it's all over. It will not end with a bang, it will end with a whimper.

If we get another right wing supermajority in 2018, that will signal permission to all the extremist groups to go full bore on their plans to unleash whatever chaos and havoc they see fit.

#303560 - 10/26/17 01:30 AM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
If we get another right wing supermajority in 2018, that will signal permission to all the extremist groups to go full bore on their plans to unleash whatever chaos and havoc they see fit.

If...?? I think "when" is perhaps more appropriate. But don't be alarmed, it's just going to take a little longer than two years for this thing to come off the tracks.

#303561 - 10/26/17 03:06 AM Re: Round Table for October, 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
When?

When the SCOTUS rules on gerrymandering next June 2018. Hmm

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2