6248 Members
57 Forums
16122 Topics
277891 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#303383 - 10/07/17 01:20 PM Re: Dennis Prager: The Greatest Libel Since the Blood Libel [Re: rporter314]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
As a general trait, I'd say Regressives do not see beyond the tip of their pointy little noses...

#303384 - 10/07/17 02:18 PM Re: Dennis Prager: The Greatest Libel Since the Blood Libel [Re: Golem]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
for the most part logT i agree

maybe the Koch bros have a 5 year plan ... 7 year ... 10 year plan to completely destroy America as I know it

#303385 - 10/07/17 02:24 PM Re: Dennis Prager: The Greatest Libel Since the Blood Libel [Re: Golem]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I think the way that we've gotten to this pass where facts don't align with reality is this: people in general, and conservatives in particular, tend to belittle or ignore facts that do not align with their way of thinking. As the evidence in various fields have turned against them, they've had to ignore more and more of reality - from evolution, to the environment, to economics, to social reality, etc., etc. It's simply gotten to the point where nothing they believe is true anymore, so they've had a complete break with reality.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303386 - 10/07/17 02:36 PM Re: Dennis Prager: The Greatest Libel Since the Blood Libel [Re: NW Ponderer]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
I am witnessing their turning away from traditional news sources (flawed though they may be) to a reliance on social media, where one can choose to only see what one agrees with. Twitter, and other internet media, allows both a microphone to any idiot with an opinion, and an audience for any idiot. The feedback loop is getting to be an intolerable level of screeching. It is Trump's ecosystem.

#303390 - 10/07/17 07:04 PM Re: Dennis Prager: The Greatest Libel Since the Blood Libel [Re: Golem]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
The dream of a few of us of a feudal society in which they are on top and everyone else is a serf, is a fantasy. Among other problems is that America is vastly armed: Non-one percenters have guns. A lot of them. They readily form militias that will carry out what they see as justice when official justice breaks down.

Before they can get anywhere near their fantasy, someone will come and kill them. In the 60's all it took was a very few Black Panther Party members brandishing weapons and televising their rhetoric, and society changed completely for decades to make things easier for the lowest members of our society.

#303393 - 10/07/17 09:06 PM Re: Dennis Prager: The Greatest Libel Since the Blood Libel [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
PIA, the Right saw through that ruse long ago when they started furiously pumping the tiny handful of "New Black Panther Party" members (two to be exact) practicing their intimidation skills at a polling place.
The NEW Black Panther Party is so diametrically opposed to the original Black Panthers that the surviving members attempted to sue the NBPP in order to prevent them from using the name.
They lost that suit, unfortunately but they made their disgust known:

Criticism by former members of the original Black Panther Party

All the Right had to do was keep pumping and pimping the NBPP until they overwhelmed the tiny tide of debunking that attempted to set the record straight. Their lies traveled halfway round the world while truth was still strapping her boots on.

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#303558 - 10/25/17 06:58 PM Re: Dennis Prager: The Greatest Libel Since the Blood Libel [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Majority Of White Americans Believe White People Face Discrimination

But most said they haven’t personally experienced racial discrimination, according to a new poll.

Quote:
“If you apply for a job, they seem to give the blacks the first crack at it,” Ohio resident Tim Hershman, 68, a poll respondent, told NPR. “If you want any help from the government, if you’re white, you don’t get it. If you’re black, you get it.”

My favorite affirmative action complaint is when someone says that they see a problem when someone they work with is hired over a white person despite that white person having higher qualifications for the same job.
This same person doing all that griping seems to forget about the "free market" that they also believe in, which dictates that if a person's performance isn't up to par, they lose the job.

So sure, maybe a person with a lower qualification score gets hiring preference anyway but they STILL HAVE TO PROVE themselves once they GET hired, yes?
Affirmative Action cannot force an employer to KEEP someone once they get hired. They have to be able to demonstrate that they can DO the job once they get hired, or else they wash out just like anyone else.
The ONLY THING Affirmative Action does is make sure that the number of opportunities that are available are MADE available TO persons of color, rather than WITHHELD, as used to be the custom.
And once that person gets hired, if they demonstrate an equal ability to do the job, then their initial qualification scores don't mean DIDDLY SQUAT anymore because they have now proven that they were able to perform and compete equally.

Show of hands: I would like to see all those discriminated against white folks who would like to stand up and offer to trade places with the black person next to you.

Yeah right, that's what I thought.

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2