by NW Ponderer
10/17/17 05:10 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Golem
10/17/17 03:19 PM
'Star Trek: Discovery' Drops Franchise's First F-Bomb
by Ken Condon
10/17/17 03:48 AM
The Surprising Way a Confederate Submarine Crew Died at the Hands of Its Own Wea
by logtroll
10/16/17 03:35 PM
Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer writes open letter to Trump, Kaepernick, NFL and Ameri
by Ujest Shurly
10/15/17 06:55 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/15/17 06:24 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
57 Forums
16071 Topics
276929 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#303441 - 10/13/17 12:24 PM Trump's war on Americans
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The only consistency in Trump's "policy" pronouncements - from health care to taxes to the environment to justice to the military - is that they are bad for the American people. Reviewing every thing he has done in office reveals he really detests Americans. He belittles them, he attacks them, he undermines them at every opportunity. It amazes me that he has even 30% approval, until it is made apparent that they are the least informed segment of the population.

There is an opportunity here for real, patriotic Americans to respond (paying attention, Democrats?) by banding together and pushing for agenda items with broad support. Opinion polls identify them easily (Trump policy shifts contradict what most Americans want, polls reveal - abc.), but our representatives in Congress, and in governor's mansions and state legislatures ignore them. How Trump's Agenda Clashes With What Americans Want - Rolling Stone.
Quote:
As president, Trump has moved to the right. But national polls underscore that an agenda reflective of American priorities would look almost nothing like the policies now being crafted by the White House and Republican leaders in Congress.

I see a revolution coming. My hope is it is political, not physical, but I am not optimistic. I'm not sure what can correct our course, but the situation is becoming dire.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303443 - 10/13/17 06:15 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Hurricane Ophelia, the tenth named tropical storm this season, is tracking north toward Europe. HURRICANE OPHELIA: WHAT A TROPICAL STORM IS DOING IN EUROPE - Newsweek. Climate scientist are concerned, and are predicting, that Ophelia will go through an "extratropical transition" before reaching Europe.
Quote:
During an extratropical transition, the warm core of the storm keeps feeding its strength, but the storm also pulls energy from a second source: the difference in temperature between its northern and southern sides, which is the same mechanism that powers normal autumn storms away from the equator. Sometimes an extratropical storm still fades away, but sometimes the pair of energy sources causes the storm to reintensify, as Ophelia is predicted to do.

This phenomenon is similar to the effect Donald Trump has when he visited Europe. His views are so at odds with the rest of Europe and the Americas that the differential is causing an "extrapolitical transition" generating so much wind that it threatens the stability of all of the continents.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303447 - 10/14/17 12:25 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
matthew Offline

'

A very nice simile, NWP. --- ThumbsUp

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans

#303452 - 10/14/17 04:54 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

What distinguishes Texas and Florida from Puerto Rico? Who they voted for, and how brown the population is. Puerto Ricans don't get to vote for President, so Trump feels he can abuse them without consequence (which is typical of the bully mentality). Because he has no concept of strategy, the future or consequences, he doesn't consider that his actions 1) alienate all Hispanic voters (since his racism is obvious), and 2) they're moving, en masse, to Florida, where he'll have alienated more voters. Republicans at large are yanking their hair out in clumps.

#303453 - 10/14/17 07:20 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Trump is, obviously, the greatest bests human on the face of the earth. This being the case he is entitled to look down on those who are not quite as fortunate as he is and so, again obviously, he has not only a right but a duty to try and straighten out the rest of the race and since Americans are the most handy he has decided to set us right and 'help' us (poor sods as we are).

I think everybody is confusing the job of president with the job of fixing the entire human race and the latter is, for the lying jackass, is the most important, especially all those that are not part of the 1%. Just thought I would explain it all to those of you who don't understand.

For those who remain confused I offer:
https://www.inquisitr.com/4551857/business-school-donald-trump-dumbest-student/

#303454 - 10/14/17 07:56 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Not surprising. He lies every time he opens his mouth. Why would anybody think anything he says about his academic career or IQ is true?

I want to see that pay-per-view IQ contest he proposed. They could also get a psychologist in there to administer some tests at the same time to diagnose his brain problem. We have a right to know. We certainly should have done that instead of letting Nancy Reagan serve as President.

#303455 - 10/14/17 09:26 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: pondering_it_all]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump is an “a$$hole” according to California Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter.

“He’s an a$$hole, but he’s our a$$hole,” Hunter said during a meetup of the Riverside County Young Republicans at a sports bar in the city of Murrieta near Anaheim last Friday.

What can anyone add to that?

It was in a Newsweek a few months ago but for some reason I am not able to link it correctly. Lo siento...

Edited by Ken Condon (10/14/17 09:29 PM)

#303458 - 10/15/17 05:25 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: Ken Condon]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump is an “a$$hole” according to California Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter.

At least there's one thing I can agree on with my Congressman!

Duncan Hunter is an expert on a$$holes, based on his own experience.

#303461 - 10/15/17 02:34 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Quote:

At least there's one thing I can agree on with my Congressman!

Duncan Hunter is an expert on a$$holes, based on his own experience.

Weird that Hunter (R-CA) thinks that Trump is an Ahole, but not fellow Congressman Issa (R-CA).

#303462 - 10/15/17 03:24 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan, USA
There is one dichotomy in that analogy; being an a$$hole implies a useful purpose. After all, an a$$hole opens every now and then draining the sludge...

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2