277447 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#303441 - 10/13/17 12:24 PM Trump's war on Americans
NW Ponderer Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

The only consistency in Trump's "policy" pronouncements - from health care to taxes to the environment to justice to the military - is that they are bad for the American people. Reviewing every thing he has done in office reveals he really detests Americans. He belittles them, he attacks them, he undermines them at every opportunity. It amazes me that he has even 30% approval, until it is made apparent that they are the least informed segment of the population.

There is an opportunity here for real, patriotic Americans to respond (paying attention, Democrats?) by banding together and pushing for agenda items with broad support. Opinion polls identify them easily (Trump policy shifts contradict what most Americans want, polls reveal - abc.), but our representatives in Congress, and in governor's mansions and state legislatures ignore them. How Trump's Agenda Clashes With What Americans Want - Rolling Stone.
Quote:
As president, Trump has moved to the right. But national polls underscore that an agenda reflective of American priorities would look almost nothing like the policies now being crafted by the White House and Republican leaders in Congress.

I see a revolution coming. My hope is it is political, not physical, but I am not optimistic. I'm not sure what can correct our course, but the situation is becoming dire.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303443 - 10/13/17 06:15 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Carpal Tunnel

Hurricane Ophelia, the tenth named tropical storm this season, is tracking north toward Europe. HURRICANE OPHELIA: WHAT A TROPICAL STORM IS DOING IN EUROPE - Newsweek. Climate scientist are concerned, and are predicting, that Ophelia will go through an "extratropical transition" before reaching Europe.
Quote:
During an extratropical transition, the warm core of the storm keeps feeding its strength, but the storm also pulls energy from a second source: the difference in temperature between its northern and southern sides, which is the same mechanism that powers normal autumn storms away from the equator. Sometimes an extratropical storm still fades away, but sometimes the pair of energy sources causes the storm to reintensify, as Ophelia is predicted to do.

This phenomenon is similar to the effect Donald Trump has when he visited Europe. His views are so at odds with the rest of Europe and the Americas that the differential is causing an "extrapolitical transition" generating so much wind that it threatens the stability of all of the continents.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303447 - 10/14/17 12:25 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
matthew Offline

'

A very nice simile, NWP. --- ThumbsUp

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans

#303452 - 10/14/17 04:54 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Carpal Tunnel

What distinguishes Texas and Florida from Puerto Rico? Who they voted for, and how brown the population is. Puerto Ricans don't get to vote for President, so Trump feels he can abuse them without consequence (which is typical of the bully mentality). Because he has no concept of strategy, the future or consequences, he doesn't consider that his actions 1) alienate all Hispanic voters (since his racism is obvious), and 2) they're moving, en masse, to Florida, where he'll have alienated more voters. Republicans at large are yanking their hair out in clumps.

#303453 - 10/14/17 07:20 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Trump is, obviously, the greatest bests human on the face of the earth. This being the case he is entitled to look down on those who are not quite as fortunate as he is and so, again obviously, he has not only a right but a duty to try and straighten out the rest of the race and since Americans are the most handy he has decided to set us right and 'help' us (poor sods as we are).

I think everybody is confusing the job of president with the job of fixing the entire human race and the latter is, for the lying jackass, is the most important, especially all those that are not part of the 1%. Just thought I would explain it all to those of you who don't understand.

For those who remain confused I offer:
https://www.inquisitr.com/4551857/business-school-donald-trump-dumbest-student/

#303454 - 10/14/17 07:56 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Not surprising. He lies every time he opens his mouth. Why would anybody think anything he says about his academic career or IQ is true?

I want to see that pay-per-view IQ contest he proposed. They could also get a psychologist in there to administer some tests at the same time to diagnose his brain problem. We have a right to know. We certainly should have done that instead of letting Nancy Reagan serve as President.

#303455 - 10/14/17 09:26 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: pondering_it_all]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump is an “a$$hole” according to California Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter.

“He’s an a$$hole, but he’s our a$$hole,” Hunter said during a meetup of the Riverside County Young Republicans at a sports bar in the city of Murrieta near Anaheim last Friday.

What can anyone add to that?

It was in a Newsweek a few months ago but for some reason I am not able to link it correctly. Lo siento...

Edited by Ken Condon (10/14/17 09:29 PM)

#303458 - 10/15/17 05:25 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: Ken Condon]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump is an “a$$hole” according to California Republican Congressman Duncan Hunter.

At least there's one thing I can agree on with my Congressman!

Duncan Hunter is an expert on a$$holes, based on his own experience.

#303461 - 10/15/17 02:34 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Quote:

At least there's one thing I can agree on with my Congressman!

Duncan Hunter is an expert on a$$holes, based on his own experience.

Weird that Hunter (R-CA) thinks that Trump is an Ahole, but not fellow Congressman Issa (R-CA).

#303462 - 10/15/17 03:24 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan, USA
There is one dichotomy in that analogy; being an a$$hole implies a useful purpose. After all, an a$$hole opens every now and then draining the sludge...

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#303463 - 10/15/17 04:01 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Carpal Tunnel

I'd like someone to point to any policy or stance that Trump has taken that helps anyone in the middle class - or those that make, say, less than $100,000 a year. Yes, that is a challenge.

#303473 - 10/16/17 02:06 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Y'know, way back when Bush was president this was an issue that bothered me. Nothing Republicans ever do seems to help anyone but the wealthiest Americans.

#303510 - 10/19/17 07:14 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: Greger]
Carpal Tunnel

I don't think there is anyone to accept the challenge... frown

I was depressed for years when Bush was President. I'm incensed by Trump's installation. There has never been as prodigious a liar near the oval office. No competition. Trump averages 5 lies a day. That's no exaggeration. count maintained by the Washington Post's Fact Checker blog was more than 1,300 lies or mistruths from Trump in his first 263 days as president. Some days it's more than a dozen public lies. And he doesn't careven.

The problem, of course, is that lies are dangerous.

#303512 - 10/20/17 12:06 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
matthew Offline

'
I think we are far past George Orwell's 1984.

Even his Big Brother did not vomit forth as many lies per day as we are seeing now.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans

#303521 - 10/21/17 07:09 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

I don't think it is Trump's war on Americans as much as it is Vladimir Putin's. Trump is just a useful idiot, to use an old politburo expression. Putin just picked out the most damaging possible candidate and fiddled the election so he would win. This is old-school KGB tactics, but so is Putin.

I heard a piece on PBS radio today and they were interviewing a young Black man (sorry did not catch the name) and he told about being contacted by email by a black lives matter organization and asked to speak at a rally. He did that sort of thing, so it was not unusual. He did go to that city and speak at the rally, and only later discovered that the sponsoring organization was actually Russian! They have a name like Black Lives, USA to obscure that fact, but really are trying to contribute to chaos and discord in the US. Telling of police murdering Black men makes for a nice RT story, and of course it has more impact if one of the potential murder victims tells it.

I suspect we can trace this modern version of the Cold War back to Newt Gingrich, through the Hastert Rule, and to the mutation into the disloyal opposition of Republicans once Obama was elected. All of these divisive tactics have really damaged out political system to the point now that Republicans are willing to put up with anything just for their "team" even if Trump's favorite ideas fly in the face of normal Republican ideology. I think we are going to discover Putin's or the KGB's hands in all of these.

Remember Trump joked a long time ago that if he ran for President he would run as a Republican, because "those idiots will believe anything Fox News tells them". I think Putin reached the same conclusion and that's why he picked the Republican Party for his dirty tricks.

#303522 - 10/21/17 08:05 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Nice article about Romney, Bush, and McCain as "principled conservatives" calling out Trump:

Fromer Republican Nominees

Quote:
A country of ideals is stronger than a country of blood and soil. Because it’s less prone to internal strife over religion or ethnicity, it’s better able to defend itself. In that spirit, Bush challenged Trump to stop downplaying Russia’s efforts “to feed and exploit our country’s divisions.” But the greater threat lies within. A country built on values can lose them. Trump “cheers assaults on protesters,” Romney warned in his address last year. “He applauds the prospect of twisting the Constitution to limit First Amendment freedom of the press.” The danger of Trump, and a ruling party that follows his path, isn’t that America will lose to China. It’s that we’ll win, but we’ll no longer be America.

#303524 - 10/21/17 02:39 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Trump's Chaos: He Taunts the Public, Holds Programs Hostage and Forces Others to Clean Up His Mess

Quote:
The status quo in Washington under Trump is anything but normal lawmaking. Instead of a process where opposing sides bicker, bargain, accept the result, and move on, Trump has introduced a deliberately chaotic dynamic. Millions of lives are toyed with. Needed programs are held hostage and threatened. And every new day finds Trump saying something that contradicts what he said—or agreed to—only days before.

It’s important to understand what Trump is doing—he's creating crises that would not exist were it not for disruptive tactics that force others to clean up his mess, such as the Senate Health Education Labor and Pensions Committee having to put into legislation remedies to counter Trump’s vindictive abuse of power.

This toxic and dysfunctional dynamic reflects the new normal in Trump’s Washington. Nothing about it bodes well for the legislative process or the ability of government to solve problems lessening the real-life stresses and challenges people face.

Read more at: Alternet.com

The Republicans control two branches of government - and, yet, they can't even legislate or get laws passed.

Republican bungling screws up our government which actually gives their own constituents reason for being anti-government - it then gets the Republican politician re-elected. Voters who are anti-government vote for Republicans.

Being a Republican is actually a self-fulfilling prophecy.

#303525 - 10/21/17 02:42 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The Trump Doctrine: Obama built it, I broke it, Dems need to conference with me to fix it.

#303552 - 10/24/17 11:25 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: pdx rick]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

The anomalous (is that a word) happens. Here are two US Republican senators telling it like it is.

Granted they are on the way out as they are not seeking reelection (as they would be crucified by the Banyon hanging tree), but at least they had the balls to tell the truth on their way out. Perhaps others might follow........ But I am not holding my breath.

The lust for power surpasses all morals. It always does.

Lissen and watch

#303557 - 10/25/17 03:21 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Carpal Tunnel

We are far past "should" Trump be removed from office to "how should" Trump be removed from office.

#303666 - 11/03/17 12:08 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I have been thinking about Trump and the supposed terrorist in New York. I suspect this should be in this topic. Trump, in his wisdom, decided that the refugee terrorist should die. Not only this but, between Trump, refugees, and terrorist the refugee community has got to be terrified. This is especially true when Trump runs his mouth. Our refugee community, as a whole, has had nothing but positive marks up to now. They tend to all work, pay taxes, and are grateful. Trump, on the other hand, if he gets his way, will probably turn his core believers into serious refugee haters and, then, we are going to have the opportunity to watch a genuine mess take place.

I am not sure that there shouldn't be a topic to list Trump offenses in one sentence at a time. How about a list of Trump lies? (must be thousands of these)

#303669 - 11/03/17 03:14 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

The impeachable offenses list is as long as your arm, before Mueller even gets to it. He was actually impeachable on Day 1 because of his refusal to divest and create a blind trust.

#303721 - 11/05/17 12:54 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: pondering_it_all]
Carpal Tunnel

In his continuing theme of "do what I say, not what I do", the Trump administration expanded "non-agricultural" H-2B visas so that Mar-a-Lago could hire more foreign workers.
Quote:
Earlier this year, Trump increased the number of available H-2B visas by 15,000 for fiscal year 2017. In announcing the change, the Department of Homeland Security said the goal of the increase was to help “U.S. businesses in danger of suffering irreparable harm due to a lack of available temporary nonagricultural workers.”
Not all businesses, just Trump properties. While the property "technically" complied with the rules, it certainly rigged the process.

#303796 - 11/09/17 04:26 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Carpal Tunnel

#303797 - 11/09/17 04:43 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
President Trump on Tuesday made a personal appeal from across the globe to ask moderate Senate Democrats to support the emerging Republican tax plan, while an influential conservative group demanded the House GOP change its tax bill to further cut taxes for businesses and the wealthy.

Washington Post

Why should the Dems help Trump rip-off the lower and middle-class Americans in order to give rich people a bigger tax break?

Is this guy stupid, or what? mad , Hmm

#303798 - 11/09/17 04:45 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
In his continuing theme of "do what I say, not what I do", the Trump administration expanded "non-agricultural" H-2B visas so that Mar-a-Lago could hire more foreign workers.
Quote:
Earlier this year, Trump increased the number of available H-2B visas by 15,000 for fiscal year 2017. In announcing the change, the Department of Homeland Security said the goal of the increase was to help “U.S. businesses in danger of suffering irreparable harm due to a lack of available temporary nonagricultural workers.”

Yup, this has been discussed on other sites for a few days now. rolleyes

Donald J Trump wanted to be President for two reasons only:

A) To get rid of the Estate Tax

B) To make his brand "Trump" more valuable because he IS the President

#303839 - 11/10/17 09:38 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Actually, Democrats have no plans to freeze out Trump like Republicans did Obama. As soon as he comes up with something they like, I'm sure they will vote for it. The Democratic leadership has already made that clear when they had that meeting with Trump.

By doing that, Trump could actually get some "wins", some big wins. All he needs to do is convince a few Republicans to go along with him and support that legislation. If he really does not care what he is signing, he should really think about this opportunity.

#303848 - 11/11/17 01:48 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: pondering_it_all]
TatumAH Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
It seems to me that Alabama has forfeited any right to have senators. I suggest we give their senatorial seats to Puerto Rico to keep the number of senators at 100!

Just another modest purrposal by Tat, the reasonable and rationable!

It makes my smiling muscles spasm when I have to judge between voting for a pedophile vs a Democrat!

Respectfully submitted, yeah right

Tat

#303851 - 11/11/17 06:04 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: TatumAH]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Quote:
a pedophile

Well, if that's a requirement now, I'm sure we could find a Democrat who "likes em young". We're talking Alabama her,for God's sake.

#303853 - 11/11/17 07:01 AM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Carpal Tunnel

Welcome back, Todd Akin! You're mainstream now...

#303863 - 11/11/17 02:26 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
Yeah, and I hope Moore's campaign turns out exactly like Akin's did.

#303868 - 11/11/17 04:31 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Carpal Tunnel

Trump, in regard to the mass murder in Texas, said, "it's not a guns problem, it's a mental problem. " I agree. Trump has mental issues, and it's a problem.

#303870 - 11/11/17 04:47 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Trump, in regard to the mass murder in Texas, said, "it's not a guns problem, it's a mental problem. " I agree. Trump has mental issues, and it's a problem.

I addressed this issue on this month's RT. smile

#303915 - 11/13/17 03:26 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Carpal Tunnel

Trump claims his accountant told him he's "going to get killed" if this tax bill passed. I don't think he meant it in the way Trump thinks...

#303916 - 11/13/17 09:23 PM Re: Trump's war on Americans [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

But wait, there’s more!
Quote:
President Trump says he will make a “major" announcement on North Korea and the outcome of his week-long trade negotiations across East Asia when he returns to Washington later this week

Just like a “reality” show. The Donald trump as POTUS Show. Stay tuned folks and don’t change that channel!

ABC Link

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2