Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Greger
To many on the farther left than me...

Yes, you rang...? coffee

#303878 - 11/11/17 07:48 PM Re: the democratic plan to win [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I noticed that somebody mentioned not understanding how Trump won. This one is pretty simple and the fault is twofold. First Trump. The man is a flat out liar and jackass. The problem is that them that voted for him are all expert wishful thinkers that are a bit confused about reality. Trump has promised jobs for all, especially those who lost jobs due to automation and a tax law that rewards them that move offshore (still in place, incidentally). The might group of American voters actually believed the noise, ie. Furreners did it all, if they don' look like you they want your jobs, your wives, your daughters and anything else you can think of. After that bit there comes the; "I however, the only man alive who can fix this, is ME! I will bring back all the jobs and even create more. In addition I will also provide cheap healthcare for all, destroy all enemies, and make America not only great again but a paradise on earth.". He would then explain how he would do it which is, basically, controlling them damned foreigners whilst removing them that have sneaked in as well as building ANOTHER wall across the southern border.

His true believers are devoted to believing just about everything that has nothing to do with the fact. They have not seen, for instance, pictures of auto factories with all the welding machines (which used to be 2 or 3 humans welding). China, a couple of months ago, actually, replaced something like 60,000 workers with a single automated factory complex! Basically, them automated jobs are never to be seen again. Trump also is going to magically make all businesses that moved overseas return or he will be angry and that threat alone will be enough to get that job done. These are the same people who believe the Trump healthcare promise. They are, of course, completely ignoring the new Trump budget which removes close to half a TRILLION dollars from healthcare (he simply would never do such a thing!). No sense even talking about the environment or climate change. Climate change is a myth of the left and the environment is so good that it can stand a bit of coal waste in running streams so coal can continue to be mined - mostly by automation (them jobs are GONE!).

One can natter on about this stuff but, basically, Trump lies and idiots believe because, otherwise, things will never improve. I guess I should add that its pretty obvious to me that they also don't think homeless problem is growing at all! (you know, all them without jobs, or a place to sleep - dirty bums, the whole lot of them).

There used to be a a phrase about rose colored glasses. Seems we have an entire political segment of population that put on them rose colored glasses and they ain't gonna change their minds no matter what!

#303879 - 11/11/17 08:16 PM Re: the democratic plan to win [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Quote:
...the democratic plan to win...

Getting out and voting - as we saw with Tuesday night's blue wave. smile

#303881 - 11/11/17 10:19 PM Re: the democratic plan to win [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
You sho nuff got dat right!

#303894 - 11/12/17 07:54 PM Re: the democratic plan to win [Re: jgw]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Who are the future leaders of the DNC? Al Franken? Cory Booker? Amy Klobuchar? Elizabeth Warren? All of the above? I like all of them, and Tulsi Gabbard, Kristen Gillibrand... other nominees?

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303896 - 11/12/17 08:10 PM Re: the democratic plan to win [Re: jgw]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I left Tim Kaine off that list...

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303897 - 11/12/17 09:35 PM Re: the democratic plan to win [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Tim Kaine...far too boring. A more interesting VP choice might have meant we were suffering through a Democratic administration right now.

Like say, Bernie Sanders?

#303898 - 11/12/17 10:28 PM Re: the democratic plan to win [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I think that was Hillary's biggest mistake. She never should have assumed all of Bernie's supporters would vote for her when he conceded. She should have put him on the ticket as VP. This is not just hindsight. I always thought this and said it at the time.

That was her main sin: Hubris. She could have brought all the Clinton supporters and most of the Sanders supporters together but she wanted the campaign to be all about her and not a coalition. Stupid.

#303928 - 11/14/17 06:37 PM Re: the democratic plan to win [Re: jgw]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I don't think it was hubris, although I can see why it felt that way. I think it was caution - or overcautious. I think Hillary viewed Bernie as incautious, even reckless. Trump, of course, was MUCH worse.

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2