277447 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#303852 - 11/11/17 06:27 AM There is no bottom
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The defense of Roy Moore has demonstrated that there is no bottom to Republican politics. The unholy excuses of Roy Moore's allies - CNN.
Quote:
"Take Joseph and Mary," Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler told the Washington Examiner. "Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus. There's just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual."
Seriously?

The GOP is completely without a moral compass. If you're a Democrat, crucifixion is too good for you; if you're a Republican, no crime is disqualifying. Republican Voters Won’t Care One Bit Whether Roy Moore Molested an Underage Girl - Slate.
Quote:
when one of their own is accused of such a crime, they respond along the lines of Bibb County GOP chairman Jerry Pow, who said on Thursday that he would vote for Moore even if he did commit a sex crime against an underage girl. “I’m not saying I support what he did,” Pow said. Supporting child abuse is one thing—supporting an alleged child abuser, to some in the GOP, is another.
It used to be that being a child molester or sexual predator was disqualifying. What a quaint notion...

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303854 - 11/11/17 07:42 AM Re: There is no bottom [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

By the way, Moore admitted enough in his Hannity interview to corroborate the allegations.
Quote:
He also said he would've never dated a woman without her mother's permission but added that Thacker and Gibson's mothers had encouraged the girls to be friends with him.
At 32, he shouldn't have dated a girl young enough to require her mother's permission...

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#303855 - 11/11/17 08:55 AM Re: There is no bottom [Re: NW Ponderer]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Funny that these same people who are unfazed by the Moore allegations and are saying "innocent until proven guilty", and "if he did it, it was such a long time ago", and "why didn't they bring this up when he was campaigning", etc,. are the same people who chanted "LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP", with a certain presidential candidate cheerleading at Trump rallies.

Their hypocrisy is certainly proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

#303858 - 11/11/17 12:59 PM Re: There is no bottom [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

And god notices. Their god holds grudges, too.

#303859 - 11/11/17 01:49 PM Re: There is no bottom [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#303861 - 11/11/17 02:14 PM Re: There is no bottom [Re: NW Ponderer]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
I looked Kayla Moore up on Spokeo and found three listings showing she was related to Roy and three of their kids (don't know why daughter Ory was omitted on all three). Her age was different on all three -- 52, 55, and 56. So she is 14 to 18 years younger than Roy. He was 38 when they married and she was 20 to 24. She is about the age of the girls Roy was trolling when he was 32. I wonder how old she was when they started dating.

#303865 - 11/11/17 02:43 PM Re: There is no bottom [Re: Spag-hetti]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I did the same research and reached the same conclusions. He's 70, now, but unrepentant. Isn't that what God demands? Repentance?

#303866 - 11/11/17 04:05 PM Re: There is no bottom [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Paul Reynolds, the Republican national committeeman from Alabama, told The Hill that something “doesn’t smell right” about the report. “My gosh, it’s The Washington Post. If I’ve got a choice of putting my welfare into the hands of [Russian President Vladimir] Putin or The Washington Post, Putin wins every time,” he said.
'Nuff said.
Quote:
“I’m not saying I support what he did,” Bibb County Chairman Jerry Pow told journalist Dale. But Pow said he’ll still vote for Moore, simply because he doesn’t want to vote for the Democrat.
What amazes me is that they say threes things with impunity and without an ounce of self-reflection.

#303867 - 11/11/17 04:08 PM Re: There is no bottom [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
The GOP is completely without a moral compass. If you're a Democrat, crucifixion is too good for you; if you're a Republican, no crime is disqualifying.

Democrats convict their sex criminals like Anthony Weiner; Republicans elect theirs, like Trump and Moore. Hmm

#303871 - 11/11/17 05:46 PM Re: There is no bottom [Re: NW Ponderer]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
What amazes me is that they say threes things with impunity and without an ounce of self-reflection.

It's pure, low-brow conservative bigotry. That's Trump's most solid base. Next up the devolutionary ladder are the purely selfish and narrow minded conservatives. Above that (but still underground) are the power seeking conservative ideologues who might actually think they are doing the right things. On second thought, I think that third one might be temious...

There is probably a race of genuine humans who still call themselves conservatives out of a nostalgic longing, but they are not in the game anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2