6248 Members
57 Forums
16119 Topics
277826 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#304144 - 11/27/17 11:14 AM Re: more help for the middle class [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
separation of high steppers from the downtrodden herd

#304145 - 11/27/17 11:20 AM Re: more help for the middle class [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
raise the deficit one trillion dollars

they have argued that is not the case as every surrogate or spokesman has stated and reiterated the talking points, while it appears to be a looming deficit, the reality is with dynamic scoring (to be read as something which is not true but conservatives believe anyway) there will be no deficit as the economy will grow more than enough to wipe out any projected deficit scored by liberals.

CEOs already know there will be no economic impact from repatriated monies from overseas.

#304147 - 11/27/17 06:18 PM Re: more help for the middle class [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
I guess dynamic scoring only counts when Republicans are running everything then.

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304148 - 11/27/17 07:53 PM Re: more help for the middle class [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Tax benefits should bubble up, not trickle down (Opinion) the Hill.
Quote:
What would a worker-friendly tax policy look like? Itís quite simple. Direct any tax cuts to workers. Worker prosperity will bubble up to companies and the economy as a whole. We have myriad ways to help workers through the tax code, including expanding the earned income tax credit and focusing any tax cuts on those lower in the income distribution.

Another important way to help American workers is to ensure that government has the tax revenue needed to fund infrastructure, to avoid cuts to education and to meet our obligations to Medicare and Social Security. Revenue for these uses is vital to the well-being of the middle class.

These steps can be combined with sensible revenue-neutral business tax reform. Still, the House and Senate tax bills do not fit that description, nor do they serve the countryís needs. The tax bills generate large tax cuts for business owners, corporate shareholders and estates, at the expense of the middle class and our urgent revenue needs.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#304149 - 11/27/17 08:18 PM Re: more help for the middle class [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

What right-leaning economists, and all of the GOOP, believe about the economy is completely false. And the tax cut mania is based upon this false assumption. The reality is that corporate profits are at historic highs, and cash positions are extreme. The US economy is infested with zombie corporate cash - Financial Times. The problem is - they have nowhere to invest it (which is what created the bubble of 2005 and the crash of 2008). This giant pool of money sloshing around the economy is extremely dangerous (like trying to carry around a giant basin of water without spilling any). The tax plan circulating in Congress will explode this, and solve nothing.

The problem is demand. Demand is low because wages have stagnated. Supply is more than fine. Companies won't invest if they can't sell more of what they produce. So companies hoard cash, shareholders demand dividends, income inequality rises. And the middle/working class continues to be screwed. A higher minimum wage, increased benefits (education, healthcare), and more education is the solution - but "they" refuse to acknowledge the obvious.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#304150 - 11/27/17 08:56 PM Re: more help for the middle class [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304151 - 11/28/17 09:53 PM Re: more help for the middle class [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I suspect that the Republicans are working overtime setting the Dems up to take the blame for the budget and the tax thing. Trump, and his congressional minions, have been slamming them for the last couple of days and, when the Dems announced that since they are completely ignored, and will not be taking part in the Trump meeting today, the cant of the right is slowly moving to blame the Dems for everything wrong about their tax deal. The next one coming up, I am sure, is "we offered them a place at the table and they refused". Of course all they have done is tax the poorest earners, cut a half trillion out of Medicare and another out of Medicaid, etc. I also AARP site and they have, finally, mentioned the tax bill on their site but they have yet to note just how much this bill is going to cut medicare. I guess they are waiting for the law to take effect and medicare patients start to actually whine about lack of healthcare.

I find it amazing. I think the Dems are actually starting to fight back and our television news obviously get more viewers reporting on Trump's outrages than reporting on just what, exactly, the Trump administration is actually doing. They have given almost 5 minutes to the Consumer agency thing (actually more since Trump's last pocahontas stuff), rarely mentions the massive cuts in healthcare, etc. Since they continue down this path apparently the American public is happy with the coverage (TV and healthcare). It will be interesting, after it all gets passed, and people start noticing that their healthcare is not quite what it used to be, (they are only taking something like 25 billion a year until they reach slightly less than 500 billion taken out at which time medicare will be a joke and old folk will get to die at the obvious behest of gov. This will, of course, be good for the undertaking industry, thereby providing more jobs for that job sector.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2