16119 Topics
277826 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#304172 - 12/01/17 02:13 AM WAR!
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
russia has an army with a bit over 1 million plus 2.5 million reserve, China has a standing army of over 2.2 million. North Korea has an army of 1.5 million. None of these are our pals. This means that them that the armies of not our pals comes to something between 5 ND 6 million troops. In addition each is a nuclear power.

The United States has a standing army of a bit over 1 million and is also a nuclear power.

Russia's Putin has not ever been a fan of the US. China, and North Korea, are not exactly delighted with having 20,000 American troops on the border between Korea and North Korea. As far as I can tell the leaders of both China and Russia realize that Trump is an easily minipulated, ignorant, seriously incompetent idiot.

Trump is a man who, basically, is recognized as being a bit unhinged and liable to do something, er, well, not good. His ongoing adventures with the leader of North Korea is a good example of this. I would also stipulate that China can, if they really want, control the misadventures of North Korea. Lets also add that Trump has worked, very hard, to piss off the UK and Germany who used to be stalwart supporters of the US.

Now, consider, what if them that are not our pals are just sick and tired of the United States. What if they are encouraging the North Korea ruler to get Trump so worked up that he actually makes the first military move, against North Korea, on North Korean territory. Oh, both Russia AND China have treaties to support North Korea should they be physically attacked. Under this scenario this would mean that we would now be in a fight with armies that outnumber us by at least 5 to 1. Add in that all of these folks also are nuclear power.

I am not sure what would happen next but, in any case it would not be real good.

Let me add, just for the heck of it, that one can only wonder what the Right, totally lacking in any kind of honesty, integrity, backbone or anything else, other than staying in power and keeping their jobs. These last thoughts, I think, are probably the current situation. I can only wonder just what they would do if the aforementioned problems actually started. I, for one, would not be surprised if the Right decided that the best thing to do would be to sell us all out as there is absolutely no reason that they would, or even could, do anything else?

How's that!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jgw (12/01/17 07:41 PM)

#304173 - 12/01/17 04:19 AM Re: WAR! [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Nuclear weapons are a fool's game: Any nuclear power on Earth, with the probable exception of North Korea, because they don't have enough nukes) could simply detonate 100 bombs ON THEIR OWN TERRITORY and end all human life on Earth. So it makes no sense at all to have 5000 nuclear weapons, or even 200.

As far as I can tell, the nuclear arms race is all a huge "I have a bigger dick than you" contest. Simple testosterone poisoning.

The solution? Put women in charge and they will get rid of all the nukes. In the meantime. I really doubt Trump's shiny red button connects to anything but a medic to come and administer some thorazine. There are enough high-ranking people in the White House who have figured out he is demented.

#304174 - 12/01/17 04:21 AM Re: WAR! [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
In the meantime. I really doubt Trump's shiny red button connects to anything but a medic to come and administer some thorazine. There are enough high-ranking people in the White House who have figured out he is demented.

Ummmm, not so sure you want to put all your eggs in that basket, PIA.

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2