Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#304272 - 12/06/17 09:02 PM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
How many men have not ever hit on somebody? I wonder if we looked at every man's past honestly, would we find such misdirected passes, unwanted kisses, and such. The critical difference is when the target of their attention says NO, some men apologize and never bother them again and some men just see that as a challenge to overcome by coercion or violence. That's the difference between a normal man, a harasser, and a rapist.

We have a term for men who have never hit on anybody: asexual

I think Franken falls well within the normal category. Considering Moore's misadventure with the 16 year old waitress jumping out of his moving car and hitting the pavement, he is in the rapist category.

#304273 - 12/07/17 01:26 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

To be completely honest, I'm very disappointed in Al Franken. The guy isn't even good-looking enough to hit on women. What was he thinking? Hmm

#304275 - 12/07/17 02:19 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

News flash, Rick: Straight men don't have to be good looking to have success with women. Most women are not really looking for male models, probably because they have discovered that most of them are gay!

A lot of money, a good career, a sense of humor, lack of alcoholism or domestic violence, can all interest women.

#304276 - 12/07/17 03:02 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

In the gay world, if you're not good-looking and work-out, you're left out.

#304277 - 12/07/17 05:24 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Rick, a good many women I have bedded over the years have all said pretty much the same thing.
While they do take looks into account, the very best looking man they've ever seen won't even get the time of day from them unless he has a few certain somethings besides looks.

Top of the list? Believe it or not, it's not money and it's not a generously sized schlong, either. Oh they like all that stuff too, by the way but top of the list is how that man
MAKES THEM FEEL.

Sure, there are plenty of outliers in the female world, but since I am probably not all that kinky, I really didn't wind up with a lot of outlier types.

So my fairly normal average Janes, Dianes and Barbaras did not carry the baggage you get with all those Dustys, the Tiffanys, the Diamoniques, the Tawnys and the Verenas...or the Melanias.

Good looking guys made them giggle excitedly but if he opened his mouth and sounded like a moron, the thrill tended to evaporate pretty quickly, unless he had scads of cash and even then, more often than not it was a guy like me that could still lure them away by making them feel special and by challenging them in a fun way.

Women are mostly attracted to INTERESTING guys more than anything else.
Sure, some will settle for guys who have the money, but they'll also cheat on the rich guy in a heartbeat if you're way more interesting, and they think they can get away with it.

And they want security, and they want to feel respected...well, the healthy well adjusted ones do anyway.
In my youth, there were so many well adjusted types that I quickly tired of the drama girls and stuck with the ones who I found "adorable" more than anything else.
Sure, I am wired visually like most straight guys so my eye is always on the prowl, even now.
I am very happily married but fer Chrissakes, I ain't BLIND, and Karen always entertains me with reports of this or that guy on TV who floats her boat a little.

But the great loves of my life, and Karen is the one, got me where I live because they were adorable...something about them just tickled me. So for me, that made them the hottest thing walking the Earth.
That's what keeps me in love with Karen. She's going to look good even when she's old and wrinkled and gray but the thing that kills me the most about her is she is so damn fun and so damn adorable...not to mention she's a total badass.

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304303 - 12/08/17 06:31 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

I think Franken should spend his remaining time in the Senate to get ethics panel investigations started. If he can force them to look at Moore and Trump, then that would be worthwhile.

#304304 - 12/08/17 06:32 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
My wife has a theory, Al has stepped down so that he can watch the Roy Moore debacle.
If Moore loses, he then decides to initiate legal action against Roger Stone, and several of his accusers, forcing them to take the stand.
If he is victorious, it's time to run for the White House.

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304308 - 12/08/17 04:39 PM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

It's going to take some time, but we need to establish a new standard. We need to be able to make gradations in behavior, and a theory of punishment that is suitable to the circumstances. It is hard, as Al Franken himself said, not to see the irony in his leaving the Senate while Trump sits in the White House, and Roy Moore receives the public endorsement of a fellow abuser. Moore's and Trump's behavior is light years worse than Franken's, yet only one is being punished. Something is rotten in the State of Denmark.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#304313 - 12/09/17 01:24 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
It's going to take some time, but we need to establish a new standard. We need to be able to make gradations in behavior, and a theory of punishment that is suitable to the circumstances. It is hard, as Al Franken himself said, not to see the irony in his leaving the Senate while Trump sits in the White House, and Roy Moore receives the public endorsement of a fellow abuser. Moore's and Trump's behavior is light years worse than Franken's, yet only one is being punished. Something is rotten in the State of Denmark.

Bow

#304316 - 12/09/17 05:03 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Men are programmed to be horn dogs. It has kept our species going for eons but now days we are supposed to be tame and reject all of those desires. Or at the very least control them. And be on our best behavior at all times.

I am not defending crude behavior but damn many of those woman look so good that sometimes “we” lose it. And react in a reflexive manner. I have long hated the fact that women have had such a power over me--- desire wise. I am virtually always able to control my desires and emotions in virtually all situations but sometimes a great looking gal puts all of that to a tremendous test.

Have mercy upon us.....

Quote Jimmy Carter here.

But.... why did god make them so desirable? He-she-it has a wicked sense of humor. That’s why.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2