pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Spag-hetti
Hmmmm. Wonder how Roger Stone knew it was "Franken's turn in the barrel."

Machinations?

...from your link 'sghitti:

Quote:
So the question becomes, why would Roger Stone know about this accusation ahead of time? The same Roger Stone who a year ago in October predicted there would be a shocking revelation regarding John Podesta, and a day later Wikileaks began releasing his emails onto the web? Why would Infowars be privy to this ahead of time?

And furthermore, what’s the meaning of this tweet from Roger Stone’s other sockpuppet account?

I can not stand CONservTARDS. They are the most god-awful human beings to ever walk this Earth. mad

#304002 - 11/17/17 11:50 PM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Well, every man has tried to kiss somebody and found out it was unwanted, made a pass that fell flat, etc. If you are going to kick Franken out for that kind of thing, then I think you probably have to kick every other male member of Congress out: They have ALL done this. Even if they are gay they have done it, just to their same sex.

I think the context matters a lot. If the man was using his wealth, power, or position to intimidate the victim into cooperating, that is very bad. It is just about as bad as using physical force. I don't think Franken was doing any of that. Likewise, most of those Congressmen were not either.

Trump and Moore? Horrible abuse of power, wealth, and position.

"You tell anybody and no one will believe you, because you are a child and I'm the DA."

And Clinton did not do that at all. Lewinsky has admitted that she pursued HIM, she was an adult, and there was no coercion or retribution. The only thing he did was to cheat on his wife and maybe Hillary actually wanted him to "have people for that", like Jackie Kennedy.

#304003 - 11/18/17 12:05 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
....then I think you probably have to kick every other male member of Congress ou...

If Franken goes, then every single Congressperson whose behavior resulted in the $15m payout that our government has paid-out on their bahalf, due their sexual harassment/assault, needs to go as well. mad , Hmm

#304004 - 11/18/17 03:42 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
every single Congressperson whose behavior resulted in the $15m payout

Yeah, that's like every single one of them! If they weren't named in an official complaint, then I bet they were just lucky. If we start an investigation who knows where it would stop? This is why I bet they don't open an investigation. We already know all about Newt cheating on all of his wives with the next wife while still married to the former one. I've read about Newt and all the boys getting together for BJ's. And it goes back through history, EG. Thomas Jefferson screwing his pretty slave girls, Droit du seigneur, and so forth.

Men are dogs, and that's a big part of us being such a successful species. We wouldn't be here if all men didn't try to have sex with as many women as they can all the time! Let's just face it: This stuff is part of (hopefully) adult life. What we need to do is watch out for the predators who use wealth, power, or position to coerce women and girls into doing things they don't want to do. And of course men who rape 13 year old girls at their pedophile buddy's house and then buy their way out of the crime.

#304005 - 11/18/17 04:17 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: pondering_it_all]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Abso friiggin lootley!

I had my DNA run by National Geographic awhile back. I was hugely disappointed to discover that my DNA contained only 1.2% Neanderthal. I was certain my ancestors jumped the fence..... way, way, more that that. Apparently not.

Men are programmed to be horn dogs. It kept our species going. Problem is.. now we are supposed to be “respectable".

I suggest one consult Genghis Khan et al and ask him about reconciliation.

#304010 - 11/18/17 09:47 PM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Spag-hetti
Hmmmm. Wonder how Roger Stone knew it was "Franken's turn in the barrel."

Machinations?

Perhaps one reason Franken is so eager to investigate himself is because camera EXIF data, or the glaring sanitation of same, can become quite damning, especially when it becomes apparent that Photoshop might have been used.

"It's chaos, be kind"

See for yourself, save the actual photo, then enter it into the IEC EXIF inspector, then note the fact that while it was indeed TAKEN in 2006, it was first modified the night Norm Coleman conceded to Franken.
That means that someone has been sitting on this lil turkey since the night Franken finally was able to take his Senate seat.
And who Photoshopped it?

Something stinks, and it's starting to stink even more.
Roger Stone, perhaps?

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304011 - 11/18/17 09:49 PM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

All I am saying is, although Al Franken is guilty of having acted a bit like a pig dog on one occasion, maybe two, he's not a serial abuser or predator, and we must retain the ability to judge unlike things and underscore the difference between a clumsy man move and outright sexual harassment.

Every grown man on Earth is probably guilty of making a move on a girl that might have been over the top. Most of us get a drink tossed in our face, or an elbow, or we get a kick in the balls or something, or at the very least, we get told "NO WAY" and we lick our wounds and move on.
Once in a while we can't comprehend the notion that we misjudged, or we're careless, but on the whole we're not intending to hurt anyone and we'd be sorry if that was the case.
Al is guilty of behaving like a pig that day? Yeah most likely.

That's not the same as being a serial predator any more than a single unpaid parking ticket would be the same as a DUI enhanced multiple vehicular homicide with felony police evasion during a high speed pursuit.

#304024 - 11/20/17 12:00 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

I can almost compare Ms. Tweeden's situation with the current slaughter taking place on the tax issue in Congress. Sure, Americans wanted their taxes reduced, and Republicans are only too happy to oblige and so Americans awoke this morning to find that the House passed their tax bill, so yippee, hooray...only a moment later Americans also found out that the same bill also eliminates the deductions for medical expenses and student loan interest.

Suddenly those same Americans feel like they've been duped, okey-doked by some weasels who silently inserted a knife in their gut when they weren't looking.

If we assume that Ms. Tweeden felt odd during the skit, and then later thought about it and was angry, that's fine, and I have no problem believing her complaint was valid. Suddenly the next morning she finds out that the entire Republican party, along with Mssrs Stone and Bannon, are running with this as a full tilt political gambit to unseat a member of the Senate and she is their heroine and martyr, and the phone is ringing off the hook. She has to get an agent to handle the flood of calls and interview requests. She is being asked to press the issue and appear alongside people who want everything from the destruction of Al Franken to the exoneration of Roy Moore and everything in between.
Has Ms. Tweeden been asked for her opinion of Roy Moore yet?
Fair question, because I do not recall her offering one as yet, has she?

Is it possible that Ms. Tweeden, while harboring her own rather normal political ambitions, might just feel like she's been dragged head first into something she did not sign up for and something which she doesn't know how to extricate herself from without damaging her own career irrevocably?

And in the end, if there ARE any improprieties or false circumstances involved, I can guarantee you that they will all come out during an investigation.
That's both good and bad because more than likely Al Franken might just come out of it not only smelling like a rose, but the Republicans will have been made first class fools of by him in the process.
They can forget any future attempts to topple him via sexual innuendo if he ever decides to seek higher office, they will have shot their proverbial wad on this power play, and instead of getting the money shot, the door has swung open and it is THEY who are seated, prick in hand, firing salvos at the naked light bulb overhead (with thanks to Philip Roth)
But in the end that doesn't change the possibility that Ms. Tweeden's complaint might still have had some validity but none of that will matter anymore because in the scuffle, Ms. Tweeden will have become just another Republican casualty, a mere bit of collateral damage, another victim of standing too close to the rotational air output device while Roger Stone's fecal matter was being heaved ho.

And we will have made little or no progress in the most important issue of this whole messy affair, that of emphasizing the importance of respecting women's possession of their own body and their own dignity.
Because I guarantee you, for Republicans, that doesn't mean shee-it.
The only thing that matters to them is destroying Al Franken, and they will gladly sacrifice Leanne Tweeden in the process if they have to.

#304026 - 11/20/17 12:17 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2