Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Welp, two more. coffee

VP or P Franken was a nice dream. smile

#304072 - 11/23/17 05:42 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
2020 is 3 years off. Considering all the men being outed for all sorts of scummy behavior, Al's minor transgressions may look like the proverbial nothingburger in a few years. We'll see. Particularly if he is running against Mr Pvssygrabber himself.

#304073 - 11/23/17 05:50 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

There's a guy at work i fancied big time. He never knew, but my co-workers knew. Because I talked about it to them. The guy was termed recently for falsifying a time card.

I thank my lucky stars that I never acted on my desires (crotch grabbing, butt pinching) given all that is happening these days. I'd probably be looking over my shoulder waiting for the shoe to drop. Hmm

I suppose my co-workers could complain that I overshared my fantasies with them - but they're guys - so I doubt they'll be going to H.R. smile

I think they actually enjoyed when all of us were around the guy that I really liked and I'd give lusty looks to him when he wasn't looking, and they were looking at me. They kind of enjoyed the "secret."

#304074 - 11/23/17 10:38 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Huge difference between Franken accusations and others. First, anonymity. Second, the "accosting" is, frankly, questionable. Given Franken's stature, putting his arm around a waist for a photo opp might end up near her derriere. He seems to have learned better as he's had more experience on the trail.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#304077 - 11/23/17 05:25 PM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Mr Trump is of course correct. He COULD shoot someone in Times Square and his supporters would continue to support him, so why would it matter if politicians harass or assault women? If Mr Trump can get away with it, why not all of them? or perhaps they are not stars.

#304079 - 11/23/17 10:26 PM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Con artist CONservatives seem to have a penchant for C-list Hollywood types like Ronald Reagan and Donald J Trump. Hmm

Prior to these Al Franken revelations, I was hoping for a Biden/Franken Ticket in 2020 with Biden only being prezzie for four years - to straighten out of all the damage that Trump has wrought, and letting the junior VP take it over from there.

Now, I have to look for a new match for Joe. smile

#304083 - 11/24/17 02:55 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
I wouldn't rule out Al Franken just yet, Rick.
Here's why I say that:

1. We now have THREE so called accusations or allegations of harassment or assault, yes?
Two of them have fallen apart. Ms. Tweeden is looking more and more like a willing tool of
Steve Bannon and Roger Stone, particularly when one sees other photos from the SAME USO gig where she's rather obviously doing exactly what she accused Al of doing, being grabby and sleazy.
Also, there's a photo of her hamming it up with Senator Franken in 2009, when she was supposedly so angry with him that "her fists clenched".
She has gone full radio silence, but before she did, she not only accepted Franken's apology, she not only said that she had no desire to see him removed for his trangression, she also hastily added that she doesn't see the need for a Senate investigation.
Now add all that to the peculiar nature of the metadata in the damning photo.
Ms. Tweeden is apparently now on board at Sinclair Broadcast Group, where she will surely be sexually harassed for REAL this time.
I have that on good authority from three friends, two of whom used to work at Sinclair owned stations and one who still does.

2. Comes now Ms. Menz, who wants America to believe that Al "totally grabbed her butt" while snapping a selfie taken by her husband, who was two feet away.
Yeah sure, Al Franken, the ballsy badass prize fighter, ballsy enough to try that with the lady's husband within arm's reach. Funny that the both of them are Bible believing Trump campaign supporters and Ms. Menz has not only gone radio silence, she's not returning Roger Stone's calls and texts anymore.

3. Lastly, Arianna Huffington, who despite insisting that there was NOTHING sexual about the gag photos, is up against an "anonymous source" AND Emily Smith at the New York Post, both of whom say that they know better than Ms. Huffington if there was sexual abuse taking place.
Nothing like being offended when your victim says there is nothing to be offended about.

All of this is begging for that Senate investigation but even if one does not materialize, I think something else will, slander and libel suits.
Normally it's tough to prove slander and libel these days but not this time around.
And I bet that's what Al is going to do, he's going to file in order to wring the necks of the saboteurs once and for all.
And he's going to win.

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304095 - 11/24/17 08:59 PM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Like I said, once you get that video of the USO show in question out there in public view, Franken's actions look like just more of the same and Tweeden looks like she's an active participant in all the fooling around. That may be why he wants an ethics investigation: Because he knows he will come out of it looking only mildly naughty, but other people getting investigated would look very bad.

It could even be a useful strategy to get ethics investigations started. There are some very obvious people to investigate, but no Republican desire to do it.

#304101 - 11/25/17 03:22 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
For about seven or eight years when I lived and worked in Texas, one of my bread and butter clients was the JC Model Group. Matthew JC headed up a band that did shows which were essentially an exact copy of the USO shows you see entertaining the troops.

"ROCK STARS AND MODELS" was the motto.

And in point of fact, Matthew eventually began DOING actual USO shows around the world, thanks to our nonstop campaigns across the country and especially across Texas.
Even in that sexually supercharged atmosphere everyone knew a basic set of ground rules, because there was no room for soap opera antics or any creepazoid conduct which would lead to friction between performers, crew and the people providing the venues they performed at.

Hanky panky was clearly defined as consensual and off hours, and not to interfere with the ability to get the show up and running and on time. If your sh*t interfered with any of that, time to pack it and toss it. Matthew had no patience for dealing with angry models or hophead gropers who didn't understand simple manners and decorum because it gets in the way of putting on the show.

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304178 - 12/01/17 05:32 AM Re: Al Franken 2020 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2