Current Topics
Is invoking non- existent privilege obstruction?
by NW Ponderer
37 minutes 48 seconds ago
Why Norwegians Aren't Moving to the U.S.
by pondering_it_all
54 minutes 30 seconds ago
Underclass
by pondering_it_all
Today at 04:36 AM
"Moron...Man-Ch
ild...Trump"

by pondering_it_all
Today at 04:29 AM
Let's check in on the cattle abusers, deadbeat grazers, wildlife squatter Bundys
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:12 PM
WalMart closing 63 Sam's Club
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 04:54 AM
list of what Trump has done so far
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 02:41 AM
Moderation and good will
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 01:14 AM
Fahrenheit 451
by Jeffery J. Haas
01/16/18 10:21 PM
Round Table for January, 2018
by Greger
01/16/18 08:06 PM
Car flies into 2nd floor of Santa Ana building
by pondering_it_all
01/16/18 03:27 AM
Five Decades of White Backlash
by pondering_it_all
01/16/18 03:11 AM
Reasons People Lie When They Donít Need To
by pondering_it_all
01/15/18 12:15 AM
Gay Old Time: The rise and fall of Laguna Beachís gay clubs
by pondering_it_all
01/13/18 08:10 AM
Campaign themes for 2018
by matthew
01/13/18 03:28 AM
Immigration Realities
by pdx rick
01/12/18 06:09 PM
Bitcoin
by pdx rick
01/12/18 05:43 PM
Trump and Russia
by Jeffery J. Haas
01/11/18 12:51 AM
Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away.
by pondering_it_all
01/09/18 09:46 PM
Politicizing Justice
by NW Ponderer
01/08/18 06:02 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16158 Topics
278553 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#304340 - 12/10/17 12:53 AM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
On the other hand, the Democrat in the Alabama race is the guy who prosecuted the KKK for killing Black children in a church bombing. I would think they could come out and vote for that.

Are you kidding?!? Hmm

CONservatism is the genesis of bigotry and racism. mad

Racism and bigotry are not a Democrat or Republican ideology, but racism and bigotry are 100% CONservative ideologies.

CONservatives are all about racism and bigotry. CONservative Democrats called Dixiecrats fought a war to keep slavery legal, LIBERAL Republicans fought a war to keep black Americans free and independent humans.

CONservative Democrats called Dixiecrats even wrote Jim Crow laws and started the KKK

In 1964 when the Civil Rights Act was signed, CONservative Dixiecrat Democrats switched to the Republican party to spite Lyndon Johnson. Richard Nixon also recruited the CONservative Democrats under his "Southern Strategy" effort.

While some CONservative Democrats remain in the Democratic party today and they're called Blue Dog Democrats, most CONservatives are in the Republican Party, today.

CONservatism is the only common thread to pre-1964 Dixiecrats and post-1964 Republicans. rolleyes

#304341 - 12/10/17 02:54 AM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I'm not sure how many citizens are being fooled by the tax arguments being offered by the GOP, but the audacity of the lies is astounding.

We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."-- William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting in 1981)

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304354 - 12/10/17 11:21 PM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
All of that liberal Republican / conservative Democrat stuff in in the long past. Almost all Blacks know that Republicans want them all to be slaves or dead. Especially Roy Moore.

#304372 - 12/11/17 04:33 AM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

No, definitely not dead...just slaves.

#304378 - 12/11/17 05:06 AM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
All of that liberal Republican / conservative Democrat stuff in in the long past. Almost all Blacks know that Republicans want them all to be slaves or dead. Especially Roy Moore.

It's still alive on the Disqus forums I go to. Intellectually dishonest Republicans conveniently forget the write "Dixiecrats" aka conservative Democrats and simply write Democrat when discussing the KKK.

They also have no words, and are a loss to explain, how the KKK are now associated with the Republican party. These people try to insinuate that the KKK being in the Republican party is a "false-flag" possibility.

Which is why I point out that bigotry and racism are not Democrat or Republican ideals, but 100% conservative ideals. Always have been, always will be.

I also point out that it's not the Liberals who are upset with Confederate monuments being taken down - it's the conservatives who are upset about it.

#304379 - 12/11/17 05:38 AM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
By their very nature, Conservatives ONLY look to the past and Progressives ONLY look toward the future. There are useful things to keep from the past, but there was also some very negative stuff. Liberals desire a rational mix of good things from the past and good ideas for the future. To be even more specific, Liberal Pragmatists want a mix of good things from the past (like the Bill of Rights) and good ideas for the future (like universal health care) that actually work.

This why Liberal Pragmatists were not totally on board the Sanders train: Because there was insufficient scientific proof (objective truth) that all of Bernie's ideas worked. Sure, they sounded good, but would some of them be very expensive failures? Universal Healthcare, on the other hand, was already proven to work by most Western countries in the world. That hesitation was NOT conservative: It was pragmatic.

Let me give an example of something that probably would NOT work: Free College For All. Sounds great, and if we can make more doctors, teachers, nurses, scientists, etc. then it would be a societal good. But what stops people from racking up huge college expenses to study art appreciation, basket weaving, English Literature, etc. That may be their passion but honestly we don't need more of them. What controls them now is the great expense of going to college for advanced degrees in useless topics when they will have a very hard time paying off their loans. So only the rich can do it. Make it free and all sorts of people will get advanced degrees in fields they can never get a job in. The Free Market works, in this case. Make it free and it can't.

#304383 - 12/11/17 11:05 AM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: NW Ponderer]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Indeed PIA, one only has to look to the past for the very example of what happens when we dole out education like lollipops. The historically high levels of art appreciation and basket weaving degrees corresponding to the advent of the G.I. Bill supports your argument.
It would be hard to argue a better mechanism to control rampant art appreciation diplomas than debt peonage. The notion that 1 1/2 trillion dollars of non-dismissable debt being repackaged as investment products bodes well for the future of the U.S. Economy and allows me to sleep easy at night. A beacon to the rest of the world, no doubt, and should be copied in much the same manner as our health care industry.
It's just that kind of brave thinking that's made 'liberal' a badge of honor amongst working class peoples thru out the land. A voting block that's sure to stay solidly democratic with the steady hand of liberal pragmatists steering their ship into a bright future.

Edited by chunkstyle (12/11/17 11:20 AM)

#304389 - 12/11/17 12:26 PM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Last night 60 Minutes did an article on Jerry Brown and how he's done exactly the opposite of what Republicans prescribe for the country and how Cali has a YUUUUGE surplus now.

smile

#304395 - 12/11/17 10:40 PM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

It's still alive on the Disqus forums I go to. Intellectually dishonest Republicans conveniently forget the write "Dixiecrats" aka conservative Democrats and simply write Democrat when discussing the KKK.

They also have no words, and are a loss to explain, how the KKK are now associated with the Republican party. These people try to insinuate that the KKK being in the Republican party is a "false-flag" possibility.

Which is why I point out that bigotry and racism are not Democrat or Republican ideals, but 100% conservative ideals. Always have been, always will be.

I also point out that it's not the Liberals who are upset with Confederate monuments being taken down - it's the conservatives who are upset about it.

Too many people are missing the point so badly it makes my head hurt.
This isn't just "stuff in the past"...it's INTENTIONAL REVISIONISM.

Good God folks, do you people not even realize that there is a well funded Orwellian disinfo campaign which is more than just a hobby?

Rick gets it, I think.

How many still think this is just an accident?
Sure seems like a lot of you.
If I'm wrong, then why do people keep talking about putting it in the past where it belongs? Liberals aren't the ones who are unwilling to let it die, it's Republicans who are REANIMATING all of it to zombie strength.

What the "walkers" are to The Walking Dead, disinfo trolls are to the Republican Party. They deploy them the exact same way fer chrissakes!

#304396 - 12/12/17 12:26 AM Re: Big Lies and Tax Cuts [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
it was and continues to be irrelevant. Conservative have an idiot-ological belief government has no business in "show" business. Because of that all their solutions are contorted to fit square pegs into idiot-ological round holes.

It doesn't matter to these folks

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2