Today at 03:34 AM
"Moron...Man-Ch
ild...Trump"

by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:31 AM
Car flies into 2nd floor of Santa Ana building
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:27 AM
Let's check in on the cattle abusers, deadbeat grazers, wildlife squatter Bundys
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:22 AM
Five Decades of White Backlash
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:11 AM
Reasons People Lie When They Donít Need To
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:15 AM
Gay Old Time: The rise and fall of Laguna Beachís gay clubs
by pondering_it_all
01/13/18 08:10 AM
Why Norwegians Aren't Moving to the U.S.
by Spag-hetti
01/13/18 05:24 AM
Campaign themes for 2018
by matthew
01/13/18 03:28 AM
list of what Trump has done so far
by jgw
01/12/18 06:42 PM
Immigration Realities
by pdx rick
01/12/18 06:09 PM
Bitcoin
by pdx rick
01/12/18 05:43 PM
Trump and Russia
by Jeffery J. Haas
01/11/18 12:51 AM
Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away.
by pondering_it_all
01/09/18 09:46 PM
Politicizing Justice
by NW Ponderer
01/08/18 06:02 PM
A Symbol of the Palestinian Resistance for the Internet Age
by NW Ponderer
01/08/18 05:52 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2018
by NW Ponderer
01/07/18 06:01 PM
Moderation and good will
by pondering_it_all
01/06/18 10:38 PM
Gut check
by pondering_it_all
01/06/18 07:44 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16155 Topics
278518 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#304778 - 01/02/18 04:30 AM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Jeff, you don't have to grant anything. There are many many people who vigoursly defend Clinton as a democrat, Bernie a commie, etc...
All just banana stickers to keep the divisions going. I've done the red team blue team thing myself.
Her and Bill are corporatists. More akin to moderate republicans of a coupla decades ago anyways. Pre Gingrich.
There are only vestiges of the left but that may change after this past election results. The current 'Democratic' party is losing registered party voters. Especially with the Yutes.
I personally welcome that hemmorage.
The party is corrupt and refuses to reform.
Some people know what time it is. Some don't, s'all I'm sayin.

Edited by chunkstyle (01/02/18 04:31 AM)

#304779 - 01/02/18 04:49 AM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Bernie did what every Third Party candidate always does: Siphon off enough votes to make the mainstream candidate most like them lose. Does not matter if it's on the Left or the Right. I think maybe once in the history of the US has a Third Party candidate actually won.

So that's apparently the function of Third Party candidates. To make their followers second choice candidate lose and make their least liked candidate win. Congratulations, Bernie! You did it. And now all your stupid followers get to live through the absolute disaster of a Trump Presidency instead of the minor annoyance of a Clinton Presidency.

And now the most pig-headed of them are trying to justify it by listing all Hillary's supposed faults. But her faults are minuscule compared to Trump's. Just the Supreme Court disaster alone should keep them wearing hair shirts for the next decade.

#304782 - 01/02/18 05:17 AM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Sanders threw his support behind Clinton at the convention and hit the campaign trail for her PIA.
But don't let the historical record get in the way of a sense of devotion.
I would much rather be rid of the 'third way Democrats by having them split off and leave the party to repair itself. They're not going to leave their rackets they've made for themselves. That leaves a coupla options. Try and wrest the party back from them or start another party. That's not a happy circumstance and took decades to arrive at but here we are never the less.

#304783 - 01/02/18 03:54 PM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Here's some food for thought....
An interesting parrallel on the left

How'd that go in the special elections:
A rising tide?

The 'third way' Boomer democrats have turned out to be nothing more than republican lite's. Ignoring wage disparity and serving their wealthy donor class, rigging primaries and lining their pockets with donation monies has created the situation were in today. One can only hope that the Millenials (a screwed generation and they know it) with the help of Gen X can undo the harm of the Boomers and their abandonment of the unions, working class and poor.
'Third way' Boomers are what got us in this mess.

Or maybe it was Bernie and the Russians....

Edited by chunkstyle (01/02/18 03:55 PM)

#304784 - 01/02/18 04:54 PM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: chunkstyle]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
We boomers certainly had a hand in this but the X-ers followed closely in their footsteps(Paul Ryan, Tom Cotton, et al). It remains to be seen whether Millenials, who are nearing their 40s, will remain progressive or turn more conservative. There's already a solid(and well deserved) distrust of government in place.

#304785 - 01/02/18 05:17 PM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: Greger]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Greger
We boomers certainly had a hand in this but the X-ers followed closely in their footsteps(Paul Ryan, Tom Cotton, et al). It remains to be seen whether Millenials, who are nearing their 40s, will remain progressive or turn more conservative. There's already a solid(and well deserved) distrust of government in place.

THe DNC is criminally negligent in it's building talent from the gen X's. The right has not been as sloppy. There are some on the moderate right though. Corey Booker, Tulso Gabbard, etc..

There is a wealth of info that would describe the differences between the demographics. Gen X falls in the middle of the spectrum between the Boomers and Millenials.
Pew research has a good trove of info on this. Some good reporting on it too, if your not stuck on MSNBC, FOX, etc...
THere's a risk of overgeneralizing an entire group of people filtered out by age but there are trends. I think it's real important to be watching trends and context.
It's been the Boomers who have held political power at the federal level for a couple of decades now (it's a numbers thing) with generation X having been mostly disenfranchised their entire adult political lives (Millenials will probably leap frog over Gen X'rs, again a numbers thing). It's not insignificant that Boomers have managed to reduce their tax burdens on themselves while receiving the greatest benefits of any generation. I don't think that's an accident. Do You?
Here they come!...

Edited by chunkstyle (01/02/18 05:19 PM)

#304786 - 01/02/18 05:51 PM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
The thing is, this New Left could help inform and empower a retooled Democratic Party.
Lord knows, what they HAVE been doing has not worked, Trump getting elected is proof of that.
The New Left might not get everything they want by taking over the Democratic Party but right now they are getting crushed under the Steamroller of the Deplorables.

So the question is, will Chapo and his millennial fans ever learn arithmetic?

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304787 - 01/02/18 06:46 PM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
The thing is, this New Left could help inform and empower a retooled Democratic Party.
Lord knows, what they HAVE been doing has not worked, Trump getting elected is proof of that.
The New Left might not get everything they want by taking over the Democratic Party but right now they are getting crushed under the Steamroller of the Deplorables.

I'm not sure I understand your point Jeff. Millennials and Gen X'rs were a larger voting block than Boomers and the Silent Generation for the first time. That spread is only going to grow in the coming decade.

One impression I have of the 2016 election is that the two bankrupt warring factions of the right wing are fighting over the corporate donations and kick backs. This has been a demographically Boomer fight for some time now.

Gen Xrs and Millenials may raise the left wing of the political spectrum from the dead. We'll see.

#304789 - 01/02/18 07:52 PM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: chunkstyle

I'm not sure I understand your point Jeff. Millennials and Gen X'rs were a larger voting block than Boomers and the Silent Generation for the first time. That spread is only going to grow in the coming decade.

One impression I have of the 2016 election is that the two bankrupt warring factions of the right wing are fighting over the corporate donations and kick backs. This has been a demographically Boomer fight for some time now.

Gen Xrs and Millenials may raise the left wing of the political spectrum from the dead. We'll see.

Millennial voter turnout in the 2016 election?
We're going to need to a WHOLE lot better than this:

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304793 - 01/02/18 08:37 PM Re: the biggest redistribution of wealth [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: chunkstyle

Millennial voter turnout in the 2016 election?
We're going to need to a WHOLE lot better than this:

It's a sad fact that Hillary did not garner excitement among the Yutes. Bernie did. Punch up "Sanders primary rally" google image search and scroll around. Try the same thing with Hillary Clinton. Spot any differences?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2