Current Topics
The End of the Independent Judiciary
by Ma_Republican
0 seconds ago
Our modern Sinclair Lewis?
by pondering_it_all
Today at 07:10 AM
Code for no black people': New York bar's 'racist' dress code sparks online deba
by pondering_it_all
Today at 06:57 AM
RoundTable for September 2018
by pondering_it_all
Today at 06:53 AM
Answer (Fredric Brown, 1954)
by pondering_it_all
Today at 06:41 AM
A time when politics were not all about greed
by pondering_it_all
Today at 06:35 AM
The United States v Donald Trump
by rporter314
09/24/18 12:54 PM
How the octopus got its smarts
by Ujest Shurly
09/24/18 02:32 AM
Returning rationality to public policy
by NW Ponderer
09/20/18 04:03 PM
The Savage Breast: A Music Clip Thread
by Golem
09/20/18 12:58 AM
Yom Kippur and Kol Nidre
by Golem
09/18/18 06:57 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
09/17/18 10:21 PM
Justice is coming
by jgw
09/17/18 09:37 PM
Flor-i-duh's Governor's Race
by Greger
09/17/18 06:19 PM
‘Unprecedented’: Natural gas expert says ‘over-pressurization’ may be to blame
by NW Ponderer
09/17/18 03:02 PM
George Conway rips Trump over tweet about Obama's '57 states' gaffe
by pdx rick
09/17/18 04:37 AM
Obama's Friday Speech
by pondering_it_all
09/14/18 06:51 AM
Woodward book breaks 93-year publishing record
by Greger
09/14/18 03:01 AM
Mike Rowe on Nike / Kaepernick and 9/11 hero Tom Burnett
by Greger
09/12/18 02:17 AM
The nuclear option
by Greger
09/12/18 01:22 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16385 Topics
282020 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#304612 - 12/23/17 10:49 PM When Mueller fired the FBI Guy
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Mueller fired the FBI guy after the Inspector General, investigating the Hillary emails, found hat the FBI guy had posted some anti-Trump stuff. This was reported back in August by ABC News who said that the firing of an FBI agent "who had been tapped only weeks earlier by Mueller". The news, on the other hand, along with the Republican cries of anger never mentions that. The inference is that Mueller had just fired this guy after months of investigation. This inference, of course, is damning and widely reported but NOBODY seems to mention that Mueller did the deed within week of his assignment.

I think this kind of stuff is just plain bad reportage and has allowed the right a free reign to make all sorts of accusations which, I believe, would have a lot less credence if the reportage had said that Mueller had fired him within weeks of bringing him in and immediately after he found out about the FBI guys supposed errors in judgment. There is also absolutely no proof that any of this stuff anything to do with whether the investigation had been compromised.

Again, one would thing that the Dems would have least tried to point this stuff out, and the media sure as hell should have pointed it out!

#304614 - 12/23/17 11:54 PM Re: When Mueller fired the FBI Guy [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: jgw
Again, one would thing that the Dems would have least tried to point this stuff out, and the media sure as hell should have pointed it out!

I agree. It's as if Dems are spineless and/or don't have a voice. Hmm

#304618 - 12/24/17 02:50 AM Re: When Mueller fired the FBI Guy [Re: jgw]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I think the problem for both politicians and reporters is none of them has the time (and maybe not the inclination) to do the research for some expertise. One example is glaring recently. Why would a reporter who has no expertise interview someone who will lie or bend the facts on the Tax cuts (for the wealthy and businesses) when the reporter could not possibly know what questions to ask nor when the interviewee is bending the truth.

One example of when the reporter did was the Amb Hoekstra interview when Hoekstra was caught with his pants down and just double downed lied - pants on fire Ambassador.

#304619 - 12/24/17 03:01 AM Re: When Mueller fired the FBI Guy [Re: rporter314]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: rporter314
I think the problem for both politicians and reporters is none of them has the time (and maybe not the inclination)

See PROFIT MOTIVE.
It is much more profitable to just let the sensationalism from the Right boil over. Better ratings, better all the way around.
The only important aspect of the story is, the Right has been helping this story grow legs and have staying power.

News in America is a consumer product, please keep that in mind.

#304630 - 12/24/17 09:42 PM Re: When Mueller fired the FBI Guy [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I think its a problem with lazy PLUS lack of any real interest, on the part of them in charge to do their damned jobs. News, like everything else, is controlled by number of viewers. Given the pressure on the newsies I would think they would, at least, try. There is also a problem with responsibility. Its said that tv news gave Trump something like 5 billion dollars worth of free exposure, without it he couldn't have won or even placed. Instead he entertained (not so much now, however). If we ever get a responsible group of elected class I would hope that their first thing would be to bring back the fair doctrine in tv which would put a stop to tv giving us who we get to vote for based on how entertaining the subject is?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2