Today at 03:34 AM
"Moron...Man-Ch
ild...Trump"

by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:31 AM
Car flies into 2nd floor of Santa Ana building
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:27 AM
Let's check in on the cattle abusers, deadbeat grazers, wildlife squatter Bundys
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:22 AM
Five Decades of White Backlash
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:11 AM
Reasons People Lie When They Donít Need To
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:15 AM
Gay Old Time: The rise and fall of Laguna Beachís gay clubs
by pondering_it_all
01/13/18 08:10 AM
Why Norwegians Aren't Moving to the U.S.
by Spag-hetti
01/13/18 05:24 AM
Campaign themes for 2018
by matthew
01/13/18 03:28 AM
list of what Trump has done so far
by jgw
01/12/18 06:42 PM
Immigration Realities
by pdx rick
01/12/18 06:09 PM
Bitcoin
by pdx rick
01/12/18 05:43 PM
Trump and Russia
by Jeffery J. Haas
01/11/18 12:51 AM
Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away.
by pondering_it_all
01/09/18 09:46 PM
Politicizing Justice
by NW Ponderer
01/08/18 06:02 PM
A Symbol of the Palestinian Resistance for the Internet Age
by NW Ponderer
01/08/18 05:52 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2018
by NW Ponderer
01/07/18 06:01 PM
Moderation and good will
by pondering_it_all
01/06/18 10:38 PM
Gut check
by pondering_it_all
01/06/18 07:44 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16155 Topics
278518 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#304712 - 12/29/17 07:47 PM The Republican plans
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I have been saying that the Republican plan is to, literally, get rid of all "entitlements". This is a simple fact. Now, however, one has actually come out and admitted it:
http://www.newsweek.com/tax-plan-social-security-medicare-welfare-republicans-rubio-729133

This is, of course, just the beginning. I would remind, in case somebody doesn't understand what they consider entitlements:
Public Education
Housing
Medicare
Medicaid
Social Security

There is more but, basically, ANYTHING gov does except for the Military and Border control. EVERYTHING else is in their sights. To justify this they will point out just how great the national debt is and how it must be fixed before we are bankrupt (ie. scare us to death). They will neglect to mention that much of the new debt is because they felt it necessary to transfer 1.5 trillion to the upper 5% (the 1% got a cool trillion). If you read their budget you will see where that money came from and now they are coming for everything else yet, as far as I can see, the left remains fairly silent.

Then there is the problem of our infrastructure. The Republicans are talking about fixing the infrastructure next year. Their plan is quite simple - privatize. Highway needs fixing? No problem, private industry will take over that highway, fix it, and then put a toll on it. If the Republicans get their wishes there won't be a free road in the entire country. Same applies to bridges too. They will, in other words, fix any and all infrastructure that people use and then charge the hell out of them. This will, of course, be the end of free highways (not free, rather free to use as they are funded by taxes). This is the dream of those Libertarians on the right. Remember, these folks actually tried to privatize fire departments (if you don't pay their subscription fee they let your house burn down). I sometimes wonder if they also want to privatize the police as well. Anyway .....

Last night I saw that Trump is upset because the post office is not charging enough to deliver packages for Amazon. The simple fact is that Mr lying jackass ignoramus Trump can change how much Amazon charges by simply appointing the missing members of the commission, that sets the post office prices, so they could do that! It gets even better. Congress, in its infinite wisdom, also decided, several years ago, that the post office pre-pay the retirement funds (neither UPS or other other biggies even have retirement funds) which has virtually bankrupted the post office. All of this is actually part of the congress decision to privatize the post office and they have been doing whatever they could to bankrupt the post office so they could privatize it.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/29/news/economy/trump-amazon-postal-service/index.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...m=.206ab4ef8ed6

I have also recently noted that they are now putting up ads showing how everybody is thanking Trump for all the good things he has done (without mentioning a single one, except for "making America great again". I have also noticed that there is nothing from the left pointing out any of the assaults we have been experiencing, ie. assaults on the environment, parks and monuments, healthcare, food stamps, et.al. One would think that they would, at least, try to counter the right but, instead, we are gifted with a continuous sending of emails asking for money and little else.

This, of course, does not surprise. The left remains above the fray and secure in their righteousness. One would think that Dems would, at the very least, point some of this stuff out to the voters but, I guess, its just too hard. Pretty amazing......

Edited by jgw (12/30/17 06:23 PM)

#304735 - 12/31/17 04:50 AM Re: The Republican plans [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Their newest plan is to knock off as many electoral votes as possible in blue states by including a CITIZENSHIP QUESTION on the upcoming 2020 Census, the plan and format for which will be locked down in the 2018 session in Congress.

TRUMP JUSTICE DEPARTMENT REQUEST FOR CITIZENSHIP QUESTION COULD SABOTAGE 2020 CENSUS

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#304746 - 12/31/17 06:53 PM Re: The Republican plans [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Respondents don't have to answer the question. Hmm

#304748 - 12/31/17 07:38 PM Re: The Republican plans [Re: jgw]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I certainly wouldn't answer it, and that makes the census less accurate. This is part of a multi-pronged attack on government by the Republican party. And make no mistake, this is not a "Trump" plan, it is a Karl Rove plan that has been on the shelf for more than a decade waiting for an opportunity to implement it. It is part and parcel of the plan to put opponents of agencies at the top to make them ineffective and purge dedicated government employees from the agencies. I've worked in a number of such agencies and the vast majority of such employees are devoted to making their agency the best it can be. Most could care less about politics, especially in the workplace.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2