Current Topics
RoundTable for Summer 2020
by Greger
16 minutes 7 seconds ago
What is wealth? How is it made? How is it accounted?
by logtroll
27 minutes 54 seconds ago
Tucker Carlson’s head writer outed: Obscene racism and homophobia exposed
by logtroll
30 minutes 46 seconds ago
What's the Democratic Party doing?
by Greger
44 minutes 30 seconds ago
Mysteries not solved
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
The Boogaloo Bois
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:47 PM
There needs to be a ‘real reckoning’ for Trump’s abuses if Biden wins
by jgw
Yesterday at 07:49 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by perotista
Yesterday at 12:01 PM
Coronavirus - everyone was/is wrong?
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 04:27 AM
Coronavirus: The Plague of The 21st Century?
by jgw
07/13/20 07:42 PM
Little Houses
by jgw
07/13/20 07:04 PM
covid-19 cure
by jgw
07/10/20 06:53 PM
What is the purpose of Capitalism?
by pondering_it_all
07/10/20 12:38 AM
WV woman goes to Mexico with her daughter and series of TOP SECRET U.S docs
by pdx rick
07/08/20 11:07 PM
Batsh!t crazy Kanye West just announced he's running for POTUS in 2020.
by perotista
07/07/20 11:45 PM
Drug prices
by jgw
07/07/20 05:29 PM
The Departed - 2020
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:10 AM
Medications that might help against SARS-CoV-2
by pondering_it_all
07/07/20 07:01 AM
Decisions
by pondering_it_all
07/06/20 07:12 PM
congress gets
by jgw
07/05/20 07:49 PM
Forum Stats
6292 Members
60 Forums
16963 Topics
301254 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#316014 - 09/28/19 06:37 AM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: rporter314]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: rporter314
are you trying to say all the Trump supporters I know are lying about why they voted for and support, even if Mr Trump shoots someone on 5th Ave, Mr Trump? Really????

I guess when they all talked about the N%%%%R in the WH they were not talking about Pres Obama.

Your continued denial of who and what a large chunk of the Base is and has been for many years now, will result in YOU being primaried. I hear the same indignation from all those elitist Republicans, who have been blathering about no bigotry in the Base for years, only now they have to pay attention to the Base, otherwise they will be primaried by some low life white supremacist.
From the small number of Trump supporters you know that is irrefutable proof that A LARGE CHUNK of his supporters are bigots? Is that why the Chair of the MN Republican Party, a strong supporter of Trump, is a woman who wasn't even active in the politics until she ran for the state senate in 2016. The party base is bigoted? When I went to the MN Republican State Convention in 1978 in Rochester, MN I drove down with a man who had moved here from Mexico as a child. In 1992 the 5th CD candidate for the House of Representative was a black woman. When I went to the State Convention in 2016 I rode with a black man. In 2016 the Vice Chair of the MN Republican Party was a black man and the 5th CD candidate for the House of Representatives. I've been active in the grassroots of the Republican Party for over 40 years and I have not seen nor worked on any campaigns with any bigots. Your idiotic reply is typical of liberals, you play the race card when you do not know what the hell you are talking about!
Jennifer Carnahan

#316027 - 09/28/19 03:55 PM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: Senator Hatrack]
rporter314 Offline
veteran

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
Your idiotic reply is typical of ....

You apparently did not read my comment. I recently watched Rep Jim Jordan do the same thing when he questioned a witness before committee. He read a part of a statement and ignored the conclusion to "prove" his point liberals are idiots.

Did you notice everything thing you mentioned was about Republican elites ... committee this candidate that (and of course the proverbial mention of someone being black or Mexican which naturally guarantees and proves something to only those who want to prove something) ...

THE BASE ... these are the rank and file who you apparently never talk to. These are the people who do not necessarily go to convention but certainly go to Trump rallies and scream their vitriol. If THE BASE is not motivated by Republicanism but they are motivated and inspired by what Mr Trump says, then what is it? his good looks, his big hands, or the fact he talks the talk of white nationalism.

So the next question is why would elected Republicans continue to defend and support someone who is not a Republican? Can you explain that? Is it his good looks etc etc. NO!!!!!! It is fear of THE BASE. So why do these elected officials fear THE BASE? Because they are Republicans and THE BASE is not?

Those same elected officials have for some 30 years and more denied the bigotry of THE BASE. Always the race card. Or could it be too many Republicans, too many of THE BASE, do not understand the very language people use is racist. So why do you not simply accept there are bigots in the Republican Party? or could the problem be you simply do not recognize bigotry when you see it or hear it? All the people I know who talked about the N&&&&r in the WH have said they are not bigots ... and concluded that with I have black friends.

And of course Republican officials would not want to say, yes there is bigotry in the base, of course they would lie about it, what else would you expect them to say???

#316046 - 09/28/19 06:11 PM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: rporter314]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: rporter314
Quote:
Your idiotic reply is typical of ....

You apparently did not read my comment. I recently watched Rep Jim Jordan do the same thing when he questioned a witness before committee. He read a part of a statement and ignored the conclusion to "prove" his point liberals are idiots.

Did you notice everything thing you mentioned was about Republican elites ... committee this candidate that (and of course the proverbial mention of someone being black or Mexican which naturally guarantees and proves something to only those who want to prove something) ...

THE BASE ... these are the rank and file who you apparently never talk to. These are the people who do not necessarily go to convention but certainly go to Trump rallies and scream their vitriol. If THE BASE is not motivated by Republicanism but they are motivated and inspired by what Mr Trump says, then what is it? his good looks, his big hands, or the fact he talks the talk of white nationalism.

So the next question is why would elected Republicans continue to defend and support someone who is not a Republican? Can you explain that? Is it his good looks etc etc. NO!!!!!! It is fear of THE BASE. So why do these elected officials fear THE BASE? Because they are Republicans and THE BASE is not?

Those same elected officials have for some 30 years and more denied the bigotry of THE BASE. Always the race card. Or could it be too many Republicans, too many of THE BASE, do not understand the very language people use is racist. So why do you not simply accept there are bigots in the Republican Party? or could the problem be you simply do not recognize bigotry when you see it or hear it? All the people I know who talked about the N&&&&r in the WH have said they are not bigots ... and concluded that with I have black friends.

And of course Republican officials would not want to say, yes there is bigotry in the base, of course they would lie about it, what else would you expect them to say???

Yes, condemn the Republican Party for something that exists only in the minds of people who must find a reason to hate Republicans, "THE BASE." During the entire Obama administration I NEVER heard anyone in the GOP use the N word to describe Pres. Obama. Are there bigots in the Republican Party? Probably as many there are in the Democratic Party. In any large national public organization there will always be a small number of people who are bigots. Your repeated condemnation of "THE BASE" is a sign of your bigotry. Here is the definition of the word from the American Heritage Dictionary. The definition is an excellent description of you rporter314.

#316050 - 09/28/19 06:44 PM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
Yes, condemn the Republican Party for something that exists only in the minds of people who must find a reason to hate Republicans...

Let's review the history of racism and bigotry in America. smile

Yes, the KKK and Jim Crow laws were because of Democrats. But those Democrats were southern and Conservative - Conservative Democrats aka Blue Dog Democrats.

Enter Barry Goldwater in the late 20th century.

Barry Goldwater was an Arizona senator who stood for keeping the government as small as possible, promoting the interests of business by dismantling the New Deal and being extremely hawkish in foreign policy to defeat communism generally and the Soviet Union specifically. He was also, on racial issues, quite regressive, opposing the key civil rights legislation of the 1960s that allowed African Americans to attain full legal equality. These positions became the cornerstone of subsequent Republican ideology; the only element left out in 1964 was the brand of Christian right conservatism that would be infused into the party's philosophical brew in the 1970s and took the Conservatives in the Democrat party with him.

Reagan did the same thing as Barry Goldwater - he further pushed the Republican Party to the right - taking the remaining Conservatives from the Democrat to the Republicans.

Racism and bigotry are not a Democrat or Republican ideology, but racism and bigotry are both 100% Conservative ideologies. But, because bigoted and racist Conservatives reside inside the Republican party, is the reason why Republicans are loathed.

Remember, it's not the Liberals who are chanting "Jews will not replace us," it's the alt-Right living inside of the Republican party.

Hmm

#316053 - 09/28/19 06:53 PM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

During the entire Obama administration I NEVER heard anyone in the GOP use the N word to describe Pres. Obama.

It was more subtle. smile

Overt racism is so passé. coffee

#316064 - 09/28/19 09:20 PM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: Doug Thompson]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Barry Goldwater was an Arizona senator who stood for keeping the government as small as possible, promoting the interests of business by dismantling the New Deal and being extremely hawkish in foreign policy to defeat communism generally and the Soviet Union specifically. He was also, on racial issues, quite regressive, opposing the key civil rights legislation of the 1960s that allowed African Americans to attain full legal equality. These positions became the cornerstone of subsequent Republican ideology; the only element left out in 1964 was the brand of Christian right conservatism that would be infused into the party's philosophical brew in the 1970s and took the Conservatives in the Democrat party with him.

The Civil Rights Acts of the 1960' were passed because REPUBLICANS in the Senate stopped the filibuster of the southern DEMOCRATS!

Goldwater was a racist? Do you try to be wrong pdx rick? Do you ever do any research or do you just regurgitate the BS lies of the liberals? Barry Goldwater

#316066 - 09/28/19 10:00 PM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: pdx rick]
Senator Hatrack Offline

During the entire Obama administration I NEVER heard anyone in the GOP use the N word to describe Pres. Obama.

It was more subtle. smile

Overt racism is so passé. coffee
I didn't say that there aren't any racists in the GOP. Just for the record I did a little research about this disgusting photo-shopped picture. This picture, before it was photo-shopped, is a of witch doctor from Papua-New Guinea, not an African. Be that as it may it is still a disgusting picture!

#316067 - 09/28/19 10:06 PM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Goldwater was a racist? Do you try to be wrong pdx rick? Do you ever do any research or do you just regurgitate the BS lies of the liberals?

At the end of the day, Goldwater defended the right to segregate - as a states' right issue. If he had won the presidency, segregation would’ve been in place, it’s cute how Conservatives try to make historical revisionism erase the past, but that’s actually what would’ve happened.

Both Conservative southern Democrats and Republicans opposed, after the act passed under a Democratic president, and the nominee for the Republicans was a pro-segregationist, the Conservative southern Democrats switched over to Republicans.

smile

#316070 - 09/28/19 10:27 PM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: Doug Thompson]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Quote:
[Goldwater's] constituency was not little old ladies in tennis shoes, and it wasn't mad bombers, either. It was working-class white men in revolt against integration—the famous "backlash" voters. "The white backlash,"...

The Senate voted on the Civil Rights Act on June 19, 1964. It was one of the most intense and closely watched congressional actions of the decade, and the most widely publicized vote of Goldwater's Senate career: he had just become the likely Republican Presidential nominee by winning the California primary, less than three weeks before. He voted against the bill. Two weeks later, Lyndon Johnson (who had pushed the legislation, he maintained, as a tribute to the memory of John F. Kennedy) signed it into law.

New Yorker

What?!? Barry Goldwater voted agianst the 1964 Civil Rights' Bill? You don't say... coffee

...but wait! There's more New Yorker? Hmm

Quote:
[Goldwater] had believed all along that the Southern white vote was basically conservative and potentially Republican. Republicans, he told Georgia activists in 1961, ought to stop chasing the votes of African-Americans and "go hunting where the ducks are." And the ducks in 1964 turned out to be white Democrats in revolt against integration. Goldwater's campaign slogan, "In Your Heart You Know He's Right," was an arrow aimed directly at them. It was a clear allusion to a prejudice that dared not speak its name.

Oh my! There goes that Conservative rehabilitation of Mr. Goldwater. smile

#316071 - 09/28/19 10:44 PM Re: Trump, you failed. Put America first. Walk away. [Re: pdx rick]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Goldwater was a racist? Do you try to be wrong pdx rick? Do you ever do any research or do you just regurgitate the BS lies of the liberals?

At the end of the day, Goldwater defended the right to segregate - as a states' right issue. If he had won the presidency, segregation would’ve been in place, it’s cute how Conservatives try to make historical revisionism erase the past, but that’s actually what would’ve happened.

The 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed on July 2, 1964. The Republican National Convention, which nominated Sen. Goldwater, was held from July 13-16, 1964. That means that even if Goldwater had been elected the Civil Rights Act was the law of the land. Again you are wrong pdx rick.

Both Conservative southern Democrats and Republicans opposed, after the act passed under a Democratic president, and the nominee for the Republicans was a pro-segregationists, the Conservative southern Democrats switched over to Republicans.

smile

Another regurgitation of the lie that Goldwater was a segregationist. This quote is from article I posted a link to in my first post showing how pdx rick is wrong. It also shows the pdx rick did not read the article.
Quote:
More specifically, Goldwater had problems with title II and Title VII of the 1964 bill. He felt that constitutionally the federal government had no legal right to interfere in who people hired, fired; or to whom they sold their products, goods, and services. He felt that “power” laid in the various states, and with the people. He was a strong advocate of the tenth amendment. Goldwater’s constitutional stance did not mean he agreed with the segregation and racial discrimination practiced in the South. To the contrary, he fought against these kinds of racial divides in his own state of Arizona. He supported the integration of the Arizona National Guard and Phoenix public schools. Goldwater was, also, a member of the NAACP and the Urban League.
A segregationist and a memeber of the NAACP?

Southern Democrats
Quote:
It's true that the recent political success of the GOP has an enormous amount to do with the party's success in the white south, but I think the evidence strongly suggests that conservative politicians get the votes of white southerners precisely because white southerners like conservative positions on taxes, moral values, and national security. Southern Democratic politicians of the Jim Crow era, after all, mostly took conservative stances on all of these issues. The weird thing about Jim Crow politics is that white southerners with conservative views on taxes, moral values, and national security would vote for Democratic presidential candidates who didn't share their views. They did that as part of a strategy for maintaining white supremacy in the South.

And for a long time the strategy worked. Democratic politicians like Woodrow Wilson and Franklin Roosevelt loyally upheld white supremacy. The dam began to crack with Harry Truman, and then under Lyndon Johnson the national party decisively broke with this corrupt bargain. With that done, white southerners just took their conservative views on taxes and national security into the Republican Party where such views belonged.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 18 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Superfly, GreatNewsTonight, danarhea, RoughDraft274, CPWILL
6292 Registered Users
A2