Current Topics
Utah Senator Orrin Hatch ... The elephant in the room.
by Buzzard's Roost
0 seconds ago
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2018
by Jeffery J. Haas
Today at 06:24 PM
TRUMP 2020!
by Ujest Shurly
Today at 05:19 PM
Clint Walker - "Cheyenne" turns 90 today
by Ken Condon
Today at 05:03 AM
The End of the Independent Judiciary
by NW Ponderer
05/22/18 02:28 PM
The Democratic Plan
by rporter314
05/22/18 10:42 AM
Round Table for May, 2018
by pondering_it_all
05/22/18 08:57 AM
Are we at War with Iran?
by pdx rick
05/22/18 04:04 AM
Time check in
by chunkstyle
05/21/18 01:36 PM
What it will take to curb the President
by Ujest Shurly
05/20/18 08:41 PM
A Thought
by jgw
05/15/18 06:42 PM
States and campaign finance
by jgw
05/13/18 06:08 PM
The Mob Boss with Pardon Power
by pondering_it_all
05/11/18 09:35 PM
Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run
by pondering_it_all
05/11/18 05:58 AM
Federalist Society Promotes Drug Use
by NW Ponderer
05/10/18 06:54 PM
Bernie's got unions backs
by chunkstyle
05/10/18 03:23 AM
Democratic Purity
by pdx rick
05/09/18 04:42 AM
Playin' Doctor
by pondering_it_all
05/08/18 02:35 AM
What is it with John Kerry Negotiating with the Enemy?
by Jeffery J. Haas
05/07/18 09:13 PM
University of Florida Apologizes After Black Graduates Were Manhandled at Commen
by Golem
05/07/18 07:41 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16271 Topics
280215 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#305215 - 01/20/18 08:58 PM Re: Just ignore him [Re: NW Ponderer]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I'm having a text fight with a conservative friend of mine who has completely bought into the TrumPulican fraud that Democrats were responsible for the shutdown.

I have been pointing out that there would be no need for monthly CR crises if they would just pass a budget for the year, but all that produces is ***crickets***.

Especially when this link is attached.

#305218 - 01/21/18 02:42 AM Re: Just ignore him [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
I'm having a text fight with a conservative friend of mine who has completely bought into the TrumPulican fraud that Democrats were responsible for the shutdown. I've pointed out that without the DACA fix included, Republicans still failed to muster enough Republican votes to pass their own bill. To no avail. I also pointed out that every government shutdown since Ronald Reagan took office has been manufactured by Republicans. There are no exceptions. Again, "It's the Democrats."

Once again proving that Democrats SUCK at messaging.
I really really miss James Carville.
That lizard toad looking monster sure knew how to craft a message.

#305219 - 01/21/18 02:44 AM Re: Just ignore him [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
It's obviously the Democrats fault because they refuse to be pussies. They want CHIP and a DACA fix, and they won't just roll over and go along with the Republicans patting their heads and saying: "Nice doggie." Democrats are actually willing to compromise on the wall and military spending, but that isn't enough for Republicans. They know very well they have to pass CHIP or they lose massively in November. You don't throw hundreds of thousands of kids under the bus and end up costing the government a lot more and still get reelected. Likewise, they know very well they have to pass a DACA fix. When Trump cancelled it, he said Congress has to pass a fix or I'll reinstate it.

So this is nothing but drama created by Republicans who are totally scared that Democrats might get some credit for something and beat them in November. Well, I got news for you: Democrats ARE going to beat you in November. They are already beating you badly in special elections in deeply Republican districts and states.

#305220 - 01/21/18 04:44 AM Re: Just ignore him [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

I love the way you think but we still don't have the messaging machine the Republicans have. But you're right, as long as we show up at the polls and do our duty, it's in the bag, I can feel it.

#305221 - 01/21/18 03:28 PM Re: Just ignore him [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
I'm having a text fight with a conservative friend of mine who has completely bought into the TrumPulican fraud that Democrats were responsible for the shutdown. I've pointed out that without the DACA fix included, Republicans still failed to muster enough Republican votes to pass their own bill. To no avail. I also pointed out that every government shutdown since Ronald Reagan took office has been manufactured by Republicans. There are no exceptions. Again, "It's the Democrats."

Not only that, but the con artist CONservatives in the House put CHIP into their Bill Thursday night - if these so-called "family values" types really care about poor kids, they would have introduced a clean bill.

As I've written before, these clowns are con artists who put the con in CONservative. Hmm

#305222 - 01/21/18 04:06 PM Re: Just ignore him [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

It was the Pee Wee Herman look-alike, Stephen Miller, that whispered into Donnie Dementia's ear. Hmm

#305226 - 01/22/18 02:47 AM Re: Just ignore him [Re: NW Ponderer]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Today I watch the lying jackass talk about the slaughter being carried out by immigrants. It was all a lie and he was not once called on his lies. He is rarely called, by the media, on his lies and, when they do, they are as careful as possible. That being the case, unless somebody calls him on his lies Instead he gets to spew his poison and convince others that he is telling the truth. This is, and has been, how the right has been able to convince so many of their crap so, we can't just ignore the laying jackass because, if he is, his lies become truth for the American electorate. This seems to be true because the American Electorate has a problem with fact and truth. We are also told that Trump loyalists are, basically, people who are between 50 something and 65. I am not really sure what that means but, I fear, it means something because that merry group of ignoramuses is

I should also mention that the media, especially TV media does not go after the lying jackass because he brings viewers with him and, rather indulging in any kind of responsible conduct they continue to give the lying jackass huge amounts of free exposure. I find it really unfortunate that the Left can't seem to, even marginally, fight back against the lies of OUR national jackass (which, as far as I am concerned, does not bode well for the elections of 2018).

#305227 - 01/22/18 03:55 AM Re: Just ignore him [Re: jgw]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: jgw
Today I watch the lying jackass talk about the slaughter being carried out by immigrants. It was all a lie and he was not once called on his lies. He is rarely called, by the media, on his lies and, when they do, they are as careful as possible. That being the case, unless somebody calls him on his lies Instead he gets to spew his poison and convince others that he is telling the truth. This is, and has been, how the right has been able to convince so many of their crap so, we can't just ignore the laying jackass because, if he is, his lies become truth for the American electorate. This seems to be true because the American Electorate has a problem with fact and truth. We are also told that Trump loyalists are, basically, people who are between 50 something and 65. I am not really sure what that means but, I fear, it means something because that merry group of ignoramuses is

I should also mention that the media, especially TV media does not go after the lying jackass because he brings viewers with him and, rather indulging in any kind of responsible conduct they continue to give the lying jackass huge amounts of free exposure. I find it really unfortunate that the Left can't seem to, even marginally, fight back against the lies of OUR national jackass (which, as far as I am concerned, does not bode well for the elections of 2018).

Television news IS a "for profit consumer product" and therefore it is important to understand that it's not that the news media LIES, it's that the news media creates the kind of product that their research says their audience WANTS to see and hear, because if they do not, the audience will seek it elsewhere, and the news department will not post a profit and will not generate the necessary RATINGS NEEDED to post a profit.
With the removal of The Fairness Doctrine, it was no longer necessary, or even possible, for stations and networks to maintain impartiality and objectivity. If another network created stories that attracted more audience, the competition had to do the same.
The upshot is, if you WANT your news to be accurate, impartial, objective and presented in a fair and balanced manner, YOU MUST REMOVE the PROFIT MOTIVE and hard news must be treated as a public service.
Editorial content must be clearly labeled as such.
Networks can program PRIME TIME AND DAYTIME with profitable shows any time they choose to in order to make up for the piddling little costs of a news department, and they can also sell the news on the PRESTIGE that they carry by being TRUSTED by the public.

#305229 - 01/22/18 04:12 AM Re: Just ignore him [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Also jgw there are indeed many voices opposed to this charlatan regime. They are out there and they are numerous. I am surprised you have not come upon such voices.

Although I will admit The Chumpster et al does indeed have his apologists. I read the FOX newzsite daily, as well as sometimes tune into their propaganda TV network. Hey, gotta hear what they are saying, no?

Those folks do indeed work overtime delivering “The Message”. But thinking people can supersede that.

No?

#305231 - 01/22/18 07:08 AM Re: Just ignore him [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I don't speak German, but I get the impression that Hannity, et al understand the concepts expostulated by Goebbels, as they follow them so closely.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2