Google Adsense
Page 48 of 58 < 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 57 58 >
Topic Options
#305398 - 01/30/18 11:59 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: Ma_Republican]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Ma_Republican
Instead of staying and making a difference, they ran away to live in a foreign country, refusing to integrate into their now surroundings and failing to follow the laws of their new country. Yeah, they deserve to be kicked out on their ass.

Tim

Where were you when Del Monte was sending buses down into Mexico to recruit braceros? Being mostly Catholic, braceros typically have children, so it is not practical for them to leave their kids behind when they are being recruited onto the buses, and Del Monte sure as s*** didn't seem to worry about all those Dreamers back then.

You should have donned your school safety patrol uniform and made sure Del Monte didn't vacuum up any Dreamer kids when all those braceros were asked to come here...ILLEGALLY, but with the tacit approval of the United States, seeing as how the exception was made.

Ditto the more recent "guest workers". They too, are also from the same country, Mexico, and are typically Catholic.
They don't make any unmarried celibate braceros or guest workers, and looking at some of those Mexican braceras, it might be mighty difficult to maintain celibacy.

Pity that those braceros had fallen in love with their braceras and forced them to pop out a couple of ninos and ninas prior to Del Monte swinging by.

See Tim, that's the hypocrisy at work, something you never addressed when I responded to you earlier.

#305399 - 01/31/18 01:38 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Instead of staying and making a difference, they ran away to live in a foreign country, refusing to integrate into their now surroundings and failing to follow the laws of their new country. Yeah, they deserve to be kicked out on their ass.

Tim

That is such an ignorant stereotype.

As I wrote on the previous page, more conservatives will be pushing up daisies between today and election 2020. They're not get any younger! The average age of a Fox News viewer is 70 for female and 74 for males.

#305401 - 01/31/18 02:02 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
refusing to integrate into their now surroundings and failing to follow the laws of their new country

Particularly ignorant around here, and I am sure in every town that "these people" live in. There is a vibrant Hispanic culture where I live. Lots of good hardworking mostly Catholic families. Spanish masses and sermons in all the churches. I shop about a quarter of the time in the local Hispanic Supermarket because they have to best produce prices and the guacamole is superb. Bilingual clerks are quite common in shops. Spanish-speakers fit right in.

#305406 - 01/31/18 03:53 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
I shop about a quarter of the time in the local Hispanic Supermarket because they have to best produce prices and the guacamole is superb. Bilingual clerks are quite common in shops. Spanish-speakers fit right in.

Sounds like Los Nietos (West Whittier) where we live.
Janitzio Market down the street has a killer produce section AND a wonderful butcher. So we get produce and meats there, the rest at Food4Less a block away.

#305407 - 01/31/18 06:59 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: Ma_Republican]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Okay, I have a little time and I'm on my computer, which allows me to type faster and cut and paste to make my points clearer. Tim, I try to give the benefit of the doubt whenever I can, but I'm having difficulty in this instance, as the various (I'm loathe to say bigoted, but uninformed is certainly true) comments are offensive in the extreme. I get the feeling that you haven't done any actual inquiry into the facts of immigration at all, but are, like Trump, shooting from the hip (or lip) without reference to reality, but merely "Truthiness".

To be specific:

Trump has offered to legalize 1.8 million people, it is the Dems who are stopping it from happening.
No, really it is not. The DACA crisis was created by Trump, deliberately. Republicans have prevented codifying immigration reform for decades. Now, the "Offer" is to give them everything they want (and more) to get back what Trump took away. That is a common technique for the Mob - like paying "insurance" to protect your business from being burned down by the "insurer". You know, a RACKET.
they knew that the Dems were lying through their teeth
A factless assertion.
Most immigrants today add nothing to the modern society. They do not learn the language, they do not integrate into society and they tend to segregate themselves. This behavior leads to no go zones, gangs and violence. Don't believe me? Try walking around at night in little Havana in Miami and see how you fare.
I started a thread recently that refutes every element of this vicious slander. Not a single point is accurate.
1) Ten Ways Immigrants Help Build and Strengthen Our Economy: "Below is our top 10 list for ways immigrants help to grow the American economy.

Immigrants start businesses. According to the Small Business Administration, immigrants are 30 percent more likely to start a business in the United States than non-immigrants, and 18 percent of all small business owners in the United States are immigrants.
Immigrant-owned businesses create jobs for American workers. According to the Fiscal Policy Institute, small businesses owned by immigrants employed an estimated 4.7 million people in 2007, and according to the latest estimates, these small businesses generated more than $776 billion annually.
Immigrants are also more likely to create their own jobs. According the U.S. Department of Labor, 7.5 percent of the foreign born are self-employed compared to 6.6 percent among the native-born.
Immigrants develop cutting-edge technologies and companies. According to the National Venture Capital Association, immigrants have started 25 percent of public U.S. companies that were backed by venture capital investors. This list includes Google, eBay, Yahoo!, Sun Microsystems, and Intel.
Immigrants are our engineers, scientists, and innovators. According to the Census Bureau, despite making up only 16 percent of the resident population holding a bachelor’s degree or higher, immigrants represent 33 percent of engineers, 27 percent of mathematicians, statisticians, and computer scientist, and 24 percent of physical scientists. Additionally, according to the Partnership for a New American Economy, in 2011, foreign-born inventors were credited with contributing to more than 75 percent of patents issued to the top 10 patent-producing universities.
Immigration boosts earnings for American workers. Increased immigration to the United States has increased the earnings of Americans with more than a high school degree. Between 1990 and 2004, increased immigration was correlated with increasing earnings of Americans by 0.7 percent and is expected to contribute to an increase of 1.8 percent over the long-term, according to a study by the University of California at Davis.
Immigrants boost demand for local consumer goods. The Immigration Policy Center estimates that the purchasing power of Latinos and Asians, many of whom are immigrants, alone will reach $1.5 trillion and $775 billion, respectively, by 2015.
Immigration reform legislation like the DREAM Act reduces the deficit. According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, under the 2010 House-passed version of the DREAM Act, the federal deficit would be reduced by $2.2 billion over ten years because of increased tax revenues.
Comprehensive immigration reform would create jobs. Comprehensive immigration reform could support and create up to 900,000 new jobs within three years of reform from the increase in consumer spending, according to the Center for American Progress.
Comprehensive immigration reform would increase America’s GDP.The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office found that even under low investment assumptions, comprehensive immigration reform would increase GDP by between 0.8 percent and 1.3 percent from 2012 to 2016."From the U.S. Department of Treasury website (2012)

2) "According to a study by the Pew Research Center, 92% of second-generation Latino immigrants asked said they spoke English “very well.” And it’s not only the children of immigrants who are learning English; according to data collected in 2012 by the U.S. Census, 44% of foreign-born people aged five and older reported speaking English either exclusively or very well.
So why are today’s immigrants adopting the majority language of the U.S. so readily?There are a lot of possible explanations, but one likely contributor is the value placed on learning English in these communities. English is seen by virtually all immigrants as a key to success for both immigrants and their children, according to the same Pew study." Do immigrants to the U.S. learn English faster nowadays?

I know, facts. It's hard, Tim, but try doing a little research before you post misinformation. Unless, of course, you did....
I really do sympathize, but they have overrun the country to the point where they have to be forced out.
That's just pure BS. "Broken down by immigration status, the foreign-born population includes 20.7 million naturalized U.S. citizens and 22.6 million noncitizens. Of the noncitizens, approximately 13.1 million are lawful permanent residents, 11.1 million* are unauthorized migrants, and 1.7 million hold temporary visas." In a country of 330 million 13% of the population is foreign born and 3% are undocumented. That hardly constitutes being "overrun" unless you just mean "not like me."

I'm not saying you're a racist bigot, MaR, just that you use the arguments of one.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#305408 - 01/31/18 07:36 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
drops the mike... Bow

#305410 - 01/31/18 12:45 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
I'm not saying your a racist bigot, MaR, just that you argue like one.

proverbially, if I see an animal with a green head and ring around its neck ... if it waddles when it moves from one place to another ... if it makes sounds like "quack quack" ... should I conclude it is a Moose or a Mallard?

I predict the MaR will complain that the first thing liberals do is accuse people of being racists (and not understand why)

#305413 - 01/31/18 01:41 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: rporter314]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Here's the distillation of The World According To Tim (please correct me if I have constructed an inaccurate strawman...)

Quote:
The government is all screwed up and has created an unfair society where Conservatives pay for everything and Liberals are all useless layabouts (those being the definitions for the terms).

There is no way to fix it and the only option is anarchy.

#305416 - 01/31/18 08:04 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: logtroll]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: logtroll
Here's the distillation of The World According To Tim (please correct me if I have constructed an inaccurate strawman...)

Quote:
The government is all screwed up and has created an unfair society where Conservatives pay for everything and Liberals are all useless layabouts (those being the definitions for the terms).

There is no way to fix it and the only option is anarchy.

With the exception of blaming a strawman, you are absolutely correct. There is actually a way to fix it, that is to crush the liberal movement and make sure it never rears its ugly head again. There is something so wrong with the liberal's institutional jealously. They are jealous of other people's money. They are jealous of other people's life. They are jealous of other people's happiness. And finally, they live in a fantasy where only Americans can be wrong and every minority with a axe to grind has to be right.

There is no way to salvage the movement, it must be defeated and annihilated.

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#305421 - 01/31/18 09:08 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Thanks for distilling your rage fantasy to simple Fox- inspired talking points. It makes it so much easier to not have to respond.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

Page 48 of 58 < 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 57 58 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2