by rporter314
Today at 10:06 PM
A time when politics were not all about greed
by jgw
Today at 08:01 PM
RoundTable for September 2018
by Jeffery J. Haas
Today at 07:42 PM
Code for no black people': New York bar's 'racist' dress code sparks online deba
by Greger
Today at 06:35 PM
The United States v Donald Trump
by rporter314
Today at 12:54 PM
How the octopus got its smarts
by Ujest Shurly
Today at 02:32 AM
Our modern Sinclair Lewis?
by jgw
09/22/18 08:52 PM
Returning rationality to public policy
by NW Ponderer
09/20/18 04:03 PM
The Savage Breast: A Music Clip Thread
by Golem
09/20/18 12:58 AM
Yom Kippur and Kol Nidre
by Golem
09/18/18 06:57 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
09/17/18 10:21 PM
Justice is coming
by jgw
09/17/18 09:37 PM
Flor-i-duh's Governor's Race
by Greger
09/17/18 06:19 PM
‘Unprecedented’: Natural gas expert says ‘over-pressurization’ may be to blame
by NW Ponderer
09/17/18 03:02 PM
George Conway rips Trump over tweet about Obama's '57 states' gaffe
by pdx rick
09/17/18 04:37 AM
Obama's Friday Speech
by pondering_it_all
09/14/18 06:51 AM
Woodward book breaks 93-year publishing record
by Greger
09/14/18 03:01 AM
Mike Rowe on Nike / Kaepernick and 9/11 hero Tom Burnett
by Greger
09/12/18 02:17 AM
The nuclear option
by Greger
09/12/18 01:22 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16385 Topics
281989 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#305447 - 02/02/18 06:26 AM Re: Sometimes obstruction of justice works [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Funny thing:

The Key Players In Trump’s ‘Deep State’ Conspiracy Theory Are All Republicans

AG Jeff Sessions, Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein, FBI Director Christopher Wray, former FBI Director James Comey, special counsel Robert Mueller, and former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

Not a single Democrat in there! Are we seeing the Republican Party starting to self-destruct?

#305450 - 02/02/18 03:51 PM Re: Sometimes obstruction of justice works [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Mother Jones posted an important article this morning: While You Are Tweeting About the Nunes Memo, Russia Is Plotting Its Midterms Attack.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#305451 - 02/02/18 06:01 PM Re: Sometimes obstruction of justice works [Re: NW Ponderer]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
The supposed, incredibly important, memo is, I think, a hail Mary by the Lying Jackass to save himself (along with and along the way, throwing more of 'his' people under the bus. It was, again apparently, crafted by the white house staff, given to Nunez with his marching orders. This much about it is pretty well known. From watching TV the whole thing is pretty disgusting. TV, again, is giving the Lying Jackass yet more 24 hour exposure. He, in turn, is working it for all its worth. The talking heads on the left, whilst questioning the whole thing has yet to simply say, right out loud, something like; "Who in the world, with half a brain, is going to believe whatever this thing says. Who would take the words of a man who has gifted us with over 200 flat out lies, a State of the Union speech which, for over an hour, netted him 3 truths and all the rest just lies? Then we have Nunez, the chairman of the house intelligence committee, who we already know is a proud Lying Jackass support of the first rank and has actually pulled this same stunt before.

Hopefully the majority of the American Electorate will see this for what we are told, by the FBI and the Justice Department a document that lacks known facts and is, basically, a pack of lies. In other words who would believe the Lying Jackass, the minion of said jackass, and a speaker of the house who has eschewed any integrity or honesty in his effort to massage the rear of the Lying Jackass. Its just a shame that the talking heads of the left can't get their stuff together enough to point all this out in no uncertain terms instead of a bunch of suggestive blather.

As far as I can tell members of the right who have not committed to the Lying Jackass may still represent a majority of the Republicans. I also seems a bit mysterious why, the the majority of the the Republicans of congress have not committed to the Lying Jackass, has not taken care of their leadership, joined up with the Democrats and started to actually put stuff on their respective floors for a vote! As far as I can tell this is an indication that the Republicans need to grow a pair and do what they know is right. I know, not gonna happen - but it could!!

Hopefully this hail mary for the Lying Jackass, by the corrupt, bought and paid for, section of the Republican party will be for naught and will be seen for what it is.

#305456 - 02/02/18 11:25 PM Re: Sometimes obstruction of justice works [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Some folks, I won't say who, think Nunes might even be getting money from the Russians.
If that turns out to be true:

#305457 - 02/03/18 12:58 AM Re: Sometimes obstruction of justice works [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Are we seeing the Republican Party starting to self-destruct?

Imagine, if you will, a runaway train speeding headlong into oblivion.

#305460 - 02/03/18 05:19 AM Re: Sometimes obstruction of justice works [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

The Democrat running against Nunes in November wants to thank Nunes! He got over $100000 in contributions today.

Brutal Attack Ad

Quote:
Nunes’ hometown newspaper blasted his behavior in an editorial, referring to the congressman as “Trump’s stooge.”

#305464 - 02/04/18 07:47 AM Re: Sometimes obstruction of justice works [Re: pondering_it_all]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
Quote:
Nunes’ hometown newspaper blasted his behavior in an editorial, referring to the congressman as “Trump’s stooge.”

I'm sure Congressman Nunes will wear that as the badge of honor that it is. It will only increase his stock among Loyal, True and Patriotic Americans.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

#305468 - 02/04/18 10:13 AM Re: Sometimes obstruction of justice works [Re: Irked]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Yes, but Irked, we've been told for a long time, there are no true, loyal,
patriotic Americans
in California. Remember? It's a communist, hippie-dippy enclave with no redeeming qualities. Don't you watch the Patriot channel?

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#305472 - 02/04/18 11:10 AM Re: Sometimes obstruction of justice works [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Hell if I can figure out how he got elected! I guess his constituents were just smoking too much pot or something to read the ballot bio. I'm sure they will fix that come November. Nobody likes a snitch.

Probably thought this would get him a nice fat job at a conservative think tank (boy, there's an oxymoron!) once he loses the election. But there's going to be a LOT of more senior Republicans looking for those jobs come November.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2