by jgw
10/09/18 09:26 PM
Trump’s ‘New’ Can-Mex Trade Deal Has All Kinds Of Improvements? Thanks, Obama
by jgw
10/09/18 05:35 PM
The End of the Independent Judiciary
by pdx rick
10/07/18 02:55 PM
Tiny Hawaiian Gecko Accidentally Calls 'a Bazillion' People from Hospital Phone,
by Greger
10/07/18 01:09 AM
That Bombshell Report on Trump's Taxes May Spark an Investigation by New York
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/05/18 05:03 AM
A time when politics were not all about greed
by jgw
10/04/18 07:28 PM
George Will: Abolish the death penalty
by Greger
10/03/18 12:28 AM
if the Dems take over
by Greger
10/01/18 09:55 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
09/30/18 08:15 PM
Answer (Fredric Brown, 1954)
by jgw
09/28/18 06:24 PM
RoundTable for September 2018
by NW Ponderer
09/28/18 11:24 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16400 Topics
282327 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#305890 - 03/08/18 03:03 PM Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say - NBC. Now, why would she claim that? (I have theories.)

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#305894 - 03/08/18 09:04 PM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Online   content
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Curious ... do you think the Russians hacked some of her email accts to find out what Mr Trump is thinking? (I couldn't image the corrupt FBI or Mueller would do it and the Dems are not smart enough to hire real IT people, so who is left who could or would do it?)

#305895 - 03/09/18 12:13 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I imagine it was a standard phishing operation. She admitted she's not very "sophisticated" about that sort of thing. I doubt it was her official mail, but she wanted to leave that impression. I also suspect it is a ploy to fail to comply with a subpoena of her email records. I think it is an attempt at covering tracks, and also not very "sophisticated". No one said it was a competent conspiracy.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#305899 - 03/09/18 01:02 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
old hand

OK I have to LOL ... when someone says my account was hacked and they stole my email, it does not mean all or any of the emails are gone. Maybe she thinks that, in which case another LOL at her ignorance (I know I know .... I never laugh at people for their ignorance but in this case ....).

Not going into the possibilities

#305901 - 03/09/18 01:27 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: rporter314]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
I'm not laughing at Hope Hicks. I'm just laughing at how hard you're laughing.

OK, I'm laughing at Hope Hicks. But I'm laughing this hard because shared laughs grow. ROTFMOL

And that's your fault, in good way.

#305913 - 03/10/18 05:12 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Nunberg and now Hicks are probably terrified their email history is going to send people (including them) to jail when Mueller gets hold of it. "My email was hacked." does not mean "my email is gone"! It probably just means "I am volunteering for prison for Destruction of Evidence."

Judges REALLY REALLY hate Destruction of Evidence attempts, even in these cases where they don't actually work.

#305914 - 03/10/18 06:25 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: rporter314]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: rporter314
OK I have to LOL ... when someone says my account was hacked and they stole my email, it does not mean all or any of the emails are gone. Maybe she thinks that, in which case another LOL at her ignorance (I know I know .... I never laugh at people for their ignorance but in this case ....).

Not going into the possibilities

You SHOULD laugh at people for their ignorance, when they are working in the White House. It's healthy for you, so go ahead, live a little.

#305915 - 03/10/18 06:42 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: pondering_it_all]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I think what they may say is, "you can't trust the authenticity of any of those emails because I was hacked." I think Nunberg's Wednesday show was to warn specific people about specific topics. He couldn't communicate with them directly, so he did it on t.v. Kinda like, "Russia, if you're listening..."

#305919 - 03/10/18 12:04 PM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
old hand

there is a problem with that line of BS. A hacker would have to hack all the email servers (at least two different ones), PST's and OST's (if using xchange), and all the associated BU's and change all the emails to edit just one email. This all takes time. A whole lot easier to copy emails (from just one computer) off site and edit at leisure and dump on wikileak, but then those would not be the emails investigators would be asking for.

as far as warning, those involved know which topics potentially would be investigated and at this juncture, unless there are secret meetings, calls, emails which have not been discovered, everyone should know what will be asked. I think these characters are being coached as to their testimony i.e. the non-existent executive privilege executive privilege, etc.

#305921 - 03/10/18 02:21 PM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Nunberg and now Hicks are probably terrified their email history is going to send people (including them) to jail when Mueller gets hold of it. "My email was hacked." does not mean "my email is gone"! It probably just means "I am volunteering for prison for Destruction of Evidence."

Judges REALLY REALLY hate Destruction of Evidence attempts, even in these cases where they don't actually work.

Why not just get the emails with a FISA warrant? All emails are recorded anyway. Hmm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2