by Jeffery J. Haas
04/15/18 01:32 AM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by logtroll
04/14/18 08:27 PM
Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey
by rporter314
04/14/18 05:27 PM
Trump, Gardner strike deal on legalized marijuana(?)
by NW Ponderer
04/14/18 01:06 PM
The Pattern
by NW Ponderer
04/12/18 05:51 PM
A Congressman's Profanity Laced Tirade in a Safeway Grocery Store
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/12/18 05:36 AM
Gun Control
by jgw
04/10/18 09:29 PM
Stormy Daniels Suit: It's a Trap!!
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/10/18 08:27 PM
Rain and the capital cycle
by NW Ponderer
04/10/18 02:47 PM
How America's Largest Local TV Owner Turned Its News Anchors Into Trump Soldiers
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/09/18 04:32 AM
Timeline for Trump-Russia
by pdx rick
04/08/18 06:52 PM
Time to buy Amazon stock?
by jgw
04/07/18 06:11 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16246 Topics
279829 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#305890 - 03/08/18 03:03 PM Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say - NBC. Now, why would she claim that? (I have theories.)

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#305894 - 03/08/18 09:04 PM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Online   content
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Curious ... do you think the Russians hacked some of her email accts to find out what Mr Trump is thinking? (I couldn't image the corrupt FBI or Mueller would do it and the Dems are not smart enough to hire real IT people, so who is left who could or would do it?)

#305895 - 03/09/18 12:13 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I imagine it was a standard phishing operation. She admitted she's not very "sophisticated" about that sort of thing. I doubt it was her official mail, but she wanted to leave that impression. I also suspect it is a ploy to fail to comply with a subpoena of her email records. I think it is an attempt at covering tracks, and also not very "sophisticated". No one said it was a competent conspiracy.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#305899 - 03/09/18 01:02 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
old hand

OK I have to LOL ... when someone says my account was hacked and they stole my email, it does not mean all or any of the emails are gone. Maybe she thinks that, in which case another LOL at her ignorance (I know I know .... I never laugh at people for their ignorance but in this case ....).

Not going into the possibilities

#305901 - 03/09/18 01:27 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: rporter314]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
I'm not laughing at Hope Hicks. I'm just laughing at how hard you're laughing.

OK, I'm laughing at Hope Hicks. But I'm laughing this hard because shared laughs grow. ROTFMOL

And that's your fault, in good way.

#305913 - 03/10/18 05:12 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Nunberg and now Hicks are probably terrified their email history is going to send people (including them) to jail when Mueller gets hold of it. "My email was hacked." does not mean "my email is gone"! It probably just means "I am volunteering for prison for Destruction of Evidence."

Judges REALLY REALLY hate Destruction of Evidence attempts, even in these cases where they don't actually work.

#305914 - 03/10/18 06:25 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: rporter314]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: rporter314
OK I have to LOL ... when someone says my account was hacked and they stole my email, it does not mean all or any of the emails are gone. Maybe she thinks that, in which case another LOL at her ignorance (I know I know .... I never laugh at people for their ignorance but in this case ....).

Not going into the possibilities

You SHOULD laugh at people for their ignorance, when they are working in the White House. It's healthy for you, so go ahead, live a little.

----Leon Russell - "Magic Mirror"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-H1iQ5Y6Eg

#305915 - 03/10/18 06:42 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: pondering_it_all]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I think what they may say is, "you can't trust the authenticity of any of those emails because I was hacked." I think Nunberg's Wednesday show was to warn specific people about specific topics. He couldn't communicate with them directly, so he did it on t.v. Kinda like, "Russia, if you're listening..."

#305919 - 03/10/18 12:04 PM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
old hand

there is a problem with that line of BS. A hacker would have to hack all the email servers (at least two different ones), PST's and OST's (if using xchange), and all the associated BU's and change all the emails to edit just one email. This all takes time. A whole lot easier to copy emails (from just one computer) off site and edit at leisure and dump on wikileak, but then those would not be the emails investigators would be asking for.

as far as warning, those involved know which topics potentially would be investigated and at this juncture, unless there are secret meetings, calls, emails which have not been discovered, everyone should know what will be asked. I think these characters are being coached as to their testimony i.e. the non-existent executive privilege executive privilege, etc.

#305921 - 03/10/18 02:21 PM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Nunberg and now Hicks are probably terrified their email history is going to send people (including them) to jail when Mueller gets hold of it. "My email was hacked." does not mean "my email is gone"! It probably just means "I am volunteering for prison for Destruction of Evidence."

Judges REALLY REALLY hate Destruction of Evidence attempts, even in these cases where they don't actually work.

Why not just get the emails with a FISA warrant? All emails are recorded anyway. Hmm

#305924 - 03/10/18 04:49 PM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: pdx rick]
old hand

I don't think FISA applies ...
Originally Posted By: https://www.ajc.com/news/national/what-fisa-warrant/WqP428Eg04nHe933u1GazO/
A warrant to wiretap someone suspected of spying with or for a foreign government is issued by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court -- or FISA Court.

I suspect when the authorities asks for all pertinent documents, it provides an avenue for potential obstruction and perjury, if a person fails to comply entirely.

#305936 - 03/11/18 01:47 AM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

All they have to do to comply is give Mueller's team their username and password. Or they can rot in prison for Obstruction of Justice while Mueller's folks get their passwords from their respective email servers. Email has ALWAYS been open to a simple subpoena.

Nunberg is not so attractive, but I'm sure there are many female inmates in the federal pens looking forward to sharing a cell with Hope. Complete, helpful cooperation is ALWAYS the best course of action when a prosecutor asks you to be a witness against somebody else. They are usually very free with immunity for reduced charges if you help them. That be the difference between weekends picking up trash along the highways versus years in the pen.

Nunberg's idea that he will give them everything but emails that incriminate Stone is idiotic. That's obviously what he is so upset about, because he would have to go back and read every email to do that. But the idea that you can shield someone by withholding evidence is so far-fetched he SHOULD be disbarred.

#305939 - 03/11/18 05:12 PM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

There is another angle: They're both trying to be publicly "reluctant" to turn on their mentors, and be "forced" into giving up incriminating evidence. Hope Hicks is in serious danger of an obstruction charge since she participated in drafting Don Jr.'s misleading statement. Executive privilege can't protect that communication. Depending on how a court rules, SOMEBODY is going to get access to all of those emails. They WILL see the light of day, and the cockroaches will scatter.

#306049 - 03/17/18 11:35 PM Re: Hope Hicks told House Intelligence Committee she was hacked, sources say [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

In November, if the House turns Democratic then the House Oversight Committee will be chaired by a Democrat. This is the committee that Issa used to hold hearings endlessly and subpoena hundreds of people during the Obama Administration, all to find absolutely nothing criminal. Democrats will open hearings on all the stuff Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee pushed under the rug, and subpoena and force testimony on all the witnesses they let dissemble or did not call at all. Republican's efforts at protecting Trump will fail. People will be indicted. Trials will be held. Impeachable crimes will be widely reported. Senate Republicans will either have to convict or destroy their future political careers and their Party forever.

This kind of short-term thinking seems to be a recurrent problem for Republicans. They never think about what consequences their actions have when the tables are turned: Super-majority rule for Supreme Court Justice conformation gone? So the next Democrat fills the court with no opposition possible. Failure to honor a President's duty to nominate Supreme Court Justices? So after November, no more Trump nominees confirmed. What goes around, comes around and bites you on the ass!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2