by Ujest Shurly
09/10/18 09:55 PM
Round Table for August, 2018
by pdx rick
09/10/18 02:00 AM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2018
by Greger
09/06/18 10:36 PM
Do you plan to read 'Fear: Trump in the White House' by Bob Woodward?
by rporter314
09/06/18 07:18 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16380 Topics
281948 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#306035 - 03/17/18 03:56 PM Re: RoundTable for March 2018 [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Stormy is seeking legal fee crowd-sourcing monies to help pay her legal bills to fight Donald Trump. I donated $5.00. Hmm

Stormy's Legal Fund Cloud Sourcing Linky Dink

Stormy has $203K in her crowd-sourcing legal account. smile

Michael Cohen is saying that Stormy owes $20m for 20 incidences of breaking the NDA. rolleyes

#306039 - 03/17/18 04:15 PM Re: RoundTable for March 2018 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
NW Ponderer Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

I'd say we haven't gotten our money worth, yet. I wonder if Tom Steyer might be willing to foot that bill?

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#306071 - 03/21/18 12:38 AM Re: RoundTable for March 2018 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
The sinking ship:
Quote:

Retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, a longtime analyst for Fox News, told colleagues he is done with the network he says has become "a propaganda machine" for President Trump.

Peters said in an email first reported Tuesday by BuzzFeed that he chose not to renew his contract as a paid contributor with Fox News on March 1 because he was "ashamed" of the network. He said the 21st Century Fox-owned cable channel has gone from being a valuable conservative voice to "assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

Peters' comments directly targeted the network's opinions hosts — which include Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham — for their consistent attacks on special counsel Robert S. Mueller III's investigation into Russia's interference with the 2016 presidential election. Mueller is also looking into whether Trump obstructed justice when he fired James B. Comey from his post as FBI director.

"When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of 'deep-state' machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove," Peters wrote. "To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

#306074 - 03/21/18 01:19 AM Re: RoundTable for March 2018 [Re: pondering_it_all]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Glad to hear that PIA and I hope he indeed sticks with his statement. I have for a long while, from time to time, watched FOX news and many of their spin off programs. It took a strong stomach but I endeavored to persevere.

Recently not so much. I had seen enough and it came to the point that I could fill in their blanks before even they could. FOX is a sorry site (and “tee-vee” news network) but they have already done their damage. And they do have their die hard fans that shall never let go.

Let’s hope that they do not die so hard.

And soon.

#306077 - 03/21/18 07:03 PM Re: RoundTable for March 2018 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Remember when I mentioned the impending rise of the Sinclair Broadcast Group, which is several steps to the Right of Fox, and how Murdoch is something like "238 years old" and bound to kick the bucket fairly soon, and how his kids, while not liberals, do NOT share the old man's politics, and how those many things make for enormous pressure on Fox News Channel once the old man dies?

Don't be surprised if Fox News Channel becomes center, or center-Left.
Sinclair only needs to write a check, and flip a switch, and suddenly they would be a global cable channel with four times the market penetration of Fox News Channel.
They, unlike Fox, own a 73% market penetration in local stations, which they OWN OUTRIGHT, right now. Fox only has "affiliates", that they do not own.

Fox News Channel will go wherever the demographic is, and if SBG flips the switch, the current Fox demo will just migrate, almost overnight.
Fox will not win a battle for supremacy against SBG.
SBG is just biding their time right now, waiting for the right moment to pounce.

#306083 - 03/22/18 03:05 AM Re: RoundTable for March 2018 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

SBG owns a lot of local broadcast stations, but does anybody watch them any more? Is this kind of like cornering the market on buggy whips? I have an antenna and could watch free OTA TV if I wanted to bother. Have not turned it on in over a year...

#306091 - 03/22/18 10:15 PM Re: RoundTable for March 2018 [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
SBG owns a lot of local broadcast stations, but does anybody watch them any more? Is this kind of like cornering the market on buggy whips? I have an antenna and could watch free OTA TV if I wanted to bother. Have not turned it on in over a year...

Oh come on, those same OTA stations are carried on cable and satellite, so yes...people DO watch them all the time.
SBG owns stations which are affiliates of ALL three major networks, not just independents.
They don't force stations to leave the majors.
We are not talking about a bunch of struggling UHF outlets, we're talking everything from WGN in Chicago to KTLA 5 in Los Angeles, to WJLA-TV in Washington DC.
Sinclair owned TV

It's like having a majority of Congress belonging to the Church of Scientology. They don't stop being congressmen or senators, it's just that they are now all Scientologists.

#306125 - 03/25/18 11:50 PM Re: RoundTable for March 2018 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

The NRA should be quaking in their boots: There are 5 million NRA members but there are 195 million people of voting age in the US that favor gun control. Thirty nine potential voters for every single NRA member!

I support the right of people to have guns, but the NRA works hard to keep even the most sensible regulations from happening. And they have bought the politicians to make sure of that. I will never again vote for anyone owned and operated by the NRA and I urge you to do the same. Things can only change if we get rid of their stooges.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2