by jgw
10/09/18 09:26 PM
Trump’s ‘New’ Can-Mex Trade Deal Has All Kinds Of Improvements? Thanks, Obama
by jgw
10/09/18 05:35 PM
The End of the Independent Judiciary
by pdx rick
10/07/18 02:55 PM
Tiny Hawaiian Gecko Accidentally Calls 'a Bazillion' People from Hospital Phone,
by Greger
10/07/18 01:09 AM
That Bombshell Report on Trump's Taxes May Spark an Investigation by New York
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/05/18 05:03 AM
A time when politics were not all about greed
by jgw
10/04/18 07:28 PM
George Will: Abolish the death penalty
by Greger
10/03/18 12:28 AM
if the Dems take over
by Greger
10/01/18 09:55 PM
Answer (Fredric Brown, 1954)
by jgw
09/28/18 06:24 PM
RoundTable for September 2018
by NW Ponderer
09/28/18 11:24 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16401 Topics
282362 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#306208 - 04/01/18 03:47 AM RoundTable For April 2018
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida

Welcome To The ReaderRant Roundtable for April, 2018

The First of April is Easter. The day Our Lord Jesus Christ arose from the dead and.......what? I've been away from The Church for a long time and quite honestly I can't remember much after that. When I was a wee tyke it was an important day. Their was a big colorful basket of candy when I woke up and a new suit of clothes to wear to Church. Church was important back then. All The Men put away their dark somber Winter Attire and donned their Ice Cream Suits. White suits, Tan suits, Light Brown with Tan Pin Stripe suits, even a few Light Olive Green suits. And all the ladies wore colorful hats, floral prints and brilliant pastels that were almost otherworldly in their impossible hues. And there was this thing where the parents hid colored eggs for the children to find. The eggs were to be collected and placed into the little basket that was full of candy when you got up in the morning but weren't allowed to touch(except ONE piece) until after Church. Egg collecting was supposed to be a non-competitive event but I got knocked down more than once when me and an older cousin spotted the same egg. The Easter Bunny Mythology was also Important. I wonder what was up with that? A message sent down through the ages from my Pagan Ancestors? Or just a marketing ploy to sell eggs, candy and colorful baskets? Hell I was just a Kid. I believed whatever they told me, who was I to Blow Against The Wind.
Easter is a funny Holy Day. It's all over the calendar date wise, Fat Tuesday is the last day to Party before Ash Wednesday and Lent, which is 40 days of Self Flagellation, Austerity, and the Giving Up Of Things. Then comes Good Friday and maybe there's a Palm Sunday and finally Easter rolls around.
The First of April is also April Fools Day
I wonder how many times in History this has happened and if anybody
else has ever wondered if this is some sort of Divine Joke being played on Humanity.

The First of April is also the beginning of Passover It lasts a week. I don't have any idea what is passing over what but I'll be sure to Look Up anyway just in case I get a glimpse.

Passover ends on National Beer Day. A Good Secular Holiday. We need more of those.

April 12 is Holocaust Remembrance Day
A day to remind us what happens when Fascists are elected to Power.

Your Taxes Are Due on April 17th This Year, kind of a bummer but they tell me you won't be paying quite as much this year.

Just eight days later it's 4:20 Day another Great Secular Holiday when we celebrate the Goodness and Wonder of Marijuana. I'm liking this month better and better as it goes along.

The 22nd is Earth Day Another day to think about what happens when you elect Fascists. Every Day is a Good Day to think about how utterly stupid it is to elect fascists.
Protect the Earth at all costs. There is no PLANet B.

The 27th is Arbor Day. Plant A Tree, Hug a Tree. Prune a Tree, Trees Are Good. Fascists Are Bad.

The 29th of April is Duke Ellington Day

Can You Even Imagine the Racism that these Great Musicians had to deal with on a Daily Basis? Don't Elect Racists either.

April 30 is International Jazz Day
The Global Host City this year is St. Petersburg Russia. Probably has nothing to do with Donald Trump but if we hadn't elected a racist fascist Russia Worshiping Dimwit we wouldn't even have to think about that would we. AMIRITE? Jesus......
Anyway. There are events all over the world on this Celebration of Americas Greatest Contribution to the Arts. Jazz. Without Black People There Would Be No Jazz. Think about that.
Last year Havana, Cuba was the Host City. Cuba has had its share of Misery. Mostly because of a power mad authoritarian ruler who may have been a bit of a narcissist. Keeping with MY Theme I'll point out that it's a bad idea to elect power mad authoritarian narcissists to power.

Eat a chocolate bunny. Drink A beer. Remember the Holocaust.
Smoke some weed. Pay your Taxes. Protect the Earth.
Hug a tree. Listen to some Jazz.

Have a Great Month Everybody!

#306212 - 04/01/18 12:54 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
O Gregermon, how did you become so enlightened? Bow

#306227 - 04/03/18 04:13 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
NW Ponderer Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

This year's Passover was apparently a bus-sized Chinese spacestation.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#306230 - 04/03/18 07:35 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
space station

Those wily Chinese have now converted it into the new Chinese Undersea Lab, off Tahiti. Next they will claim that part of the ocean as Chinese Territory.

#306236 - 04/04/18 11:48 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: pondering_it_all]
Carpal Tunnel

It's clear that new security measures at Marjory Stoneman Douglas are working. Not a single student carried an AR to school in their new clear backpacks. Talk about security theater!

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#306257 - 04/05/18 08:18 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
The man who outranked NBC News, Drudge Report and Stephen Colbert and was a leading figure in white nationalist trolling has been unmasked, and with no apparent legitimate income, has been living rather well.

Quote:
After college, he moved to Brooklyn, New York, and took a job as an economist at John Dunham & Associates, an economic consulting firm that uses data to help clients “respond to threats and opportunities in the policy arena.” When reached by phone on Wednesday, the president of the company, John Dunham, confirmed that Mackey had been an employee there from April 2012 to July 2016, when he was terminated for reasons that Dunham could not reveal under New York labor laws.

Find the money trail. People don't live in upscale digs after being fired from their jobs unless they have other means of support, and making podcasts and uploading racist memes, even for fellow rabid white nationalists, isn't going to make one rich.

Trump’s Most Influential White Nationalist Troll (Is A Middlebury Grad Who Lives In Manhattan)

#306272 - 04/06/18 09:33 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

The half-brother of Flounder from "Animal House" has resigned!

Blake Farenthold Resigns

#306274 - 04/06/18 10:10 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Quote:
"I’d ask loaded questions like, “How much do you disagree with Obama this year?” It was disguised as real journalism. The funny thing is, I’m a Republican ― and I was still pissed by it. But it was more than just the questions. It was the stories that we were told to do. They often had to have a religious tie-in. We couldn’t do stories, for the most part, that involved the LGBTQ community. There were a set of parameters and we had to stick to them."

Beaton still thinks Sinclair only has a 38% market share. He isn't yet aware of their skyrocketing expansion, which now boasts a 73% market share, according to numbers published by the trades AND confirmed by the FCC.

I Quit Working For Sinclair And They Sued Me.

#306342 - 04/11/18 12:36 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Carpal Tunnel

#306343 - 04/11/18 12:49 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer

No one has ever claimed that Fox News Channel or their viewers are very bright. Hmm

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
2 registered (chunkstyle, 1 invisible), 56 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2