Google Adsense
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#306208 - 04/01/18 03:47 AM RoundTable For April 2018
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida

Welcome To The ReaderRant Roundtable for April, 2018

The First of April is Easter. The day Our Lord Jesus Christ arose from the dead and.......what? I've been away from The Church for a long time and quite honestly I can't remember much after that. When I was a wee tyke it was an important day. Their was a big colorful basket of candy when I woke up and a new suit of clothes to wear to Church. Church was important back then. All The Men put away their dark somber Winter Attire and donned their Ice Cream Suits. White suits, Tan suits, Light Brown with Tan Pin Stripe suits, even a few Light Olive Green suits. And all the ladies wore colorful hats, floral prints and brilliant pastels that were almost otherworldly in their impossible hues. And there was this thing where the parents hid colored eggs for the children to find. The eggs were to be collected and placed into the little basket that was full of candy when you got up in the morning but weren't allowed to touch(except ONE piece) until after Church. Egg collecting was supposed to be a non-competitive event but I got knocked down more than once when me and an older cousin spotted the same egg. The Easter Bunny Mythology was also Important. I wonder what was up with that? A message sent down through the ages from my Pagan Ancestors? Or just a marketing ploy to sell eggs, candy and colorful baskets? Hell I was just a Kid. I believed whatever they told me, who was I to Blow Against The Wind.
Easter is a funny Holy Day. It's all over the calendar date wise, Fat Tuesday is the last day to Party before Ash Wednesday and Lent, which is 40 days of Self Flagellation, Austerity, and the Giving Up Of Things. Then comes Good Friday and maybe there's a Palm Sunday and finally Easter rolls around.
The First of April is also April Fools Day
I wonder how many times in History this has happened and if anybody
else has ever wondered if this is some sort of Divine Joke being played on Humanity.

The First of April is also the beginning of Passover It lasts a week. I don't have any idea what is passing over what but I'll be sure to Look Up anyway just in case I get a glimpse.

Passover ends on National Beer Day. A Good Secular Holiday. We need more of those.

April 12 is Holocaust Remembrance Day
A day to remind us what happens when Fascists are elected to Power.

Your Taxes Are Due on April 17th This Year, kind of a bummer but they tell me you won't be paying quite as much this year.

Just eight days later it's 4:20 Day another Great Secular Holiday when we celebrate the Goodness and Wonder of Marijuana. I'm liking this month better and better as it goes along.

The 22nd is Earth Day Another day to think about what happens when you elect Fascists. Every Day is a Good Day to think about how utterly stupid it is to elect fascists.
Protect the Earth at all costs. There is no PLANet B.

The 27th is Arbor Day. Plant A Tree, Hug a Tree. Prune a Tree, Trees Are Good. Fascists Are Bad.

The 29th of April is Duke Ellington Day

Can You Even Imagine the Racism that these Great Musicians had to deal with on a Daily Basis? Don't Elect Racists either.

April 30 is International Jazz Day
The Global Host City this year is St. Petersburg Russia. Probably has nothing to do with Donald Trump but if we hadn't elected a racist fascist Russia Worshiping Dimwit we wouldn't even have to think about that would we. AMIRITE? Jesus......
Anyway. There are events all over the world on this Celebration of Americas Greatest Contribution to the Arts. Jazz. Without Black People There Would Be No Jazz. Think about that.
Last year Havana, Cuba was the Host City. Cuba has had its share of Misery. Mostly because of a power mad authoritarian ruler who may have been a bit of a narcissist. Keeping with MY Theme I'll point out that it's a bad idea to elect power mad authoritarian narcissists to power.

Eat a chocolate bunny. Drink A beer. Remember the Holocaust.
Smoke some weed. Pay your Taxes. Protect the Earth.
Hug a tree. Listen to some Jazz.

Have a Great Month Everybody!

#306212 - 04/01/18 12:54 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
O Gregermon, how did you become so enlightened? Bow

#306227 - 04/03/18 04:13 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

This year's Passover was apparently a bus-sized Chinese spacestation.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#306230 - 04/03/18 07:35 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
space station

Those wily Chinese have now converted it into the new Chinese Undersea Lab, off Tahiti. Next they will claim that part of the ocean as Chinese Territory.

#306236 - 04/04/18 11:48 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: pondering_it_all]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

It's clear that new security measures at Marjory Stoneman Douglas are working. Not a single student carried an AR to school in their new clear backpacks. Talk about security theater!

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#306257 - 04/05/18 08:18 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
The man who outranked NBC News, Drudge Report and Stephen Colbert and was a leading figure in white nationalist trolling has been unmasked, and with no apparent legitimate income, has been living rather well.

Quote:
After college, he moved to Brooklyn, New York, and took a job as an economist at John Dunham & Associates, an economic consulting firm that uses data to help clients “respond to threats and opportunities in the policy arena.” When reached by phone on Wednesday, the president of the company, John Dunham, confirmed that Mackey had been an employee there from April 2012 to July 2016, when he was terminated for reasons that Dunham could not reveal under New York labor laws.

Find the money trail. People don't live in upscale digs after being fired from their jobs unless they have other means of support, and making podcasts and uploading racist memes, even for fellow rabid white nationalists, isn't going to make one rich.

Trump’s Most Influential White Nationalist Troll (Is A Middlebury Grad Who Lives In Manhattan)

#306272 - 04/06/18 09:33 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

The half-brother of Flounder from "Animal House" has resigned!

Blake Farenthold Resigns

#306274 - 04/06/18 10:10 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Quote:
"I’d ask loaded questions like, “How much do you disagree with Obama this year?” It was disguised as real journalism. The funny thing is, I’m a Republican ― and I was still pissed by it. But it was more than just the questions. It was the stories that we were told to do. They often had to have a religious tie-in. We couldn’t do stories, for the most part, that involved the LGBTQ community. There were a set of parameters and we had to stick to them."

Beaton still thinks Sinclair only has a 38% market share. He isn't yet aware of their skyrocketing expansion, which now boasts a 73% market share, according to numbers published by the trades AND confirmed by the FCC.

I Quit Working For Sinclair And They Sued Me.

#306342 - 04/11/18 12:36 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#306343 - 04/11/18 12:49 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer

No one has ever claimed that Fox News Channel or their viewers are very bright. Hmm

#306349 - 04/11/18 05:06 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

#306366 - 04/12/18 05:10 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

But never forget, "Democrats are the real racists!" (or so say the current crop of Republicans)

Trump Judicial Pick Punts on Brown v. BOE

Quote:
“I don’t mean to be coy, but I think I get into a difficult area when I start commenting on Supreme Court decisions ― which are correctly decided, which I disagree with.

#306370 - 04/12/18 06:58 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Trump weighs rejoining Trans-Pacific Partnership amid trade dispute with China
WaPo

Quote:
President Trump suggested Thursday he might want to rejoin the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a major reversal on the sprawling multination trade pact he rejected just days after taking office.

Trump screamed and squawked against the TPP during the campaign because he had no idea what was in it.
Oh and because: OBAMA!!!
He still doesn't know what is in it but is listening to people who are advising him that it isn't as bad as he thought.

It's almost like Trump ordering a full nuclear triad attack by US forces upon Russia, then saying, "oh, I changed my mind; can we bring the nukes back now?"
The dumbass didn't even know what the nuclear triad was!
He's dumber than cow crap; he prolly doesn't even use toilet paper to wipe his fat ass.

#306376 - 04/12/18 11:50 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Cohen Files Motion to Quash Stormy - Or Plead 5th?
RAW STORY

Quote:
“What is your understanding of where things stand with Mr. Cohen, your adversary in this legal contest about Stormy Daniels’s NDA?” anchor Nicolle Wallace asked Michael Avenatti.

“Well, we’ve learned moments ago — within the last two hours — that Michael Cohen will be filing a motion tomorrow in our case, an emergency motion, to stay or temporarily stop our case and the grounds for that motion are going to be that it is his intention to plead the 5th amendment against self-incrimination if our case goes forward, in light of potential criminal jeopardy that he finds himself in,” Avenatti revealed. “So, this is a stunning development.”
“If Michael Cohen pleads the Fifth, then we want to turn to the next individual, which would be the president, to provide us information as to what happened here,” Avenatti answered.

“Hopefully the president would not plead the Fifth,” he continued. “I think that would be a stunning, shocking development in the history of our nation to have him plead the Fifth.”

#306377 - 04/13/18 12:10 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

What possible difference could Cohen pleading the Fifth make? The FBI already has everything from his office and home. His testimony would just be poor excuses for the document evidence. They don't need his testimony to put him under the jail. And besides, he'd probably lie anyway.

I think the legal profession has a term for this: Useless flailing

#306380 - 04/13/18 04:10 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
...he prolly doesn't even use toilet paper to wipe his fat ass.
He has "people" to do that for him.

#306412 - 04/15/18 01:32 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Handing out pardons the way he handed out toilet paper in Puerto Rico:

Empty Wheel

#306454 - 04/21/18 08:02 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

On Wednesday, Roberto Livar posted a photo of a worksheet he said his son, Manu, was asked to complete in his eighth-grade American history class at Great Hearts Monte Vista in San Antonio. The worksheet is titled,

“The Life of Slaves: A Balanced View.”

mySanAntonio

#306455 - 04/21/18 08:54 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

And in Saudi Arabia we have conflicting reports, one saying a toy drone got too close to the royal palace and was shot down, the other report saying it may be a coup attempt.

Guardian UK

Quote:
A spokesman for the Riyadh police said forces at a checkpoint in the Khozama district identified the drone and 'dealt with it according to their orders', state news said without specifying if there were any injuries or damage.

#306466 - 04/23/18 11:05 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I watched Game Change again recently. It is when Sarah Palin came onto the National Political scene is when CONservatives lost their way, I believe - embracing Sarah's us against the "Washington Elite Establishment" mentality.

Interestingly enough, Frontline's Trump's Takeover validates this opinion. Trump essentially pulled a Sarah Palin (lied to the media, got large crowds of ignorant voters to wait hours to see him) his entire primary campaign and still does it today with his "re-election campaign rallies."

As long as we have an ignorant populace who fails at nuance and deep-thinking, our Republic is headed down the drain. Hmm

#306467 - 04/23/18 11:07 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
On Wednesday, Roberto Livar posted a photo of a worksheet he said his son, Manu, was asked to complete in his eighth-grade American history class at Great Hearts Monte Vista in San Antonio. The worksheet is titled,

“The Life of Slaves: A Balanced View.”

mySanAntonio

Yeah...because there are so many "pros" to slavery. coffee

This is what a for-profit charter school experience is like.

#306485 - 04/26/18 03:57 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

So Sean Insanity owns over 850 HUD Section-8 properties hidden in 20 shell companies to avoid paying a lot in taxes. Sean is probably a slum lord to boot.

coffee

#306517 - 04/28/18 02:28 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#306520 - 04/28/18 07:23 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

I think we can safely assume Hannity was not writing the eviction notices. He probably signed up with a decent property management company that actually takes care of business. You know: People that get evicted almost always have failed to pay their rent. While a property is up for sale, management may get very lax or even non-existent. Happens all the time.

Some of the upside-down homeowners back in the crash stopped paying their payments and it was over a year before they finally got foreclosed.

#306521 - 04/28/18 07:33 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Paul Ryan took offense to the House chaplain's prayer for there to be "no winners and losers" before the tax scheme vote. Not satanic enough, I guess. So now Father Conroy is out and I suppose they will find some Evangelical Conservative preacher of the gospel of Republican Jesus.

The Catholics are up in arms because the whole thing has a distinct anti-Catholic flavor.

Not to worry, though. Whatever douche bag replacement they install will be out in November and so will Paul Ryan and his fiends friends.

#306523 - 04/28/18 09:51 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: pondering_it_all]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The lovefest between ego-maniacal twits. I'm speaking, of course, about the Trump-Kanye tweet-mance. I'm surprised that Trump tolerates such sycophantic fawning... oh wait. It won't last, though, because Trump HATES anyone outshining him. Kanye West wins "[censored] of the millenium" award. I dunno, do you think they can share the award?

#306526 - 04/28/18 01:06 PM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
The lovefest between ego-maniacal twits. I'm speaking, of course, about the Trump-Kanye tweet-mance. I'm surprised that Trump tolerates such sycophantic fawning... oh wait. It won't last, though, because Trump HATES anyone outshining him. Kanye West wins "[censored] of the millenium" award. I dunno, do you think they can share the award?
CONservatives are loving this bromance. Of course they would love black Americans worshiping white patriarchy. Hmm

#306528 - 04/29/18 04:11 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Did you see that the top polling Repuke for California Senate (Patrick Little) wants a "Jew Free Country"...??
He also says that "Stormfront is too Jewish"

Right Wing Watch

#306530 - 04/30/18 02:28 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The Conservative response to Michelle Wolf’s set at the Washington DC Correspondence dinner on Saturday, April 28th 2018 is absolutely ridiculous.

Michelle Wolf made fun of Jake Tapper, Rachel Maddow, CNN, Anderson Cooper, Megyn Kelly. Yet, Conservatives are shaking their tiny fists in fury over what Michelle said about Kellyanne CONway and Sarah Huckabee-Sanders.

What is it that Michelle said that caused Conservatives to be so GRRRRR mad? Michelle stated that Kellyanne Conway lives up to her name: CON-way. Kellyanne is a known liar. In fact, she invented the term “alternative facts” just after the Trump Administration came into being on January 20, 2017. Sarah Huckabee-Sanders is a known liar as well. Michelle called her lies out as well. Sarah lies every time she stands at her White House podium and lies to the media.

...and the Conservative snowflakes are having a complete meltdown. It’s truly sad. Conservatives have taken the adage “the truth hurts,” to heart apparently.

The be honest, the set was mediocre at best. But, as I wrote above, the truth clearly struck a nerve for Conservatives.

Michelle Wolf COMPLETE REMARKS at 2018 White House Correspondents' Dinner (C-SPAN)

#306532 - 04/30/18 04:37 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Ode to Randy "Candyman" Jackson

Who can take a sunrise?
Sprinkle it with some Duece?
Amp it with Oxy and an amphetamine or two,
Randy "Candyman",
Oh Randy "Candyman" can!
'Cuz he cuts it with dust to make the whole world feel good.

Who can create a rainbow?
Wrap it in a leaf.
Soak in some lemon drop to make lemon pie reef,
Randy "Candyman",
Randy "Candyman" can!
'Cuz he cuts it with dust to make the whole world feel good.

smile

#306541 - 05/01/18 05:54 AM Re: RoundTable For April 2018 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

OMG this is awesome!!

Richard Painter, former George W. Bush ethics lawyer, has announced that he is running for Al Franken's seat as a Democrat.

And not just as any Democrat but on Paul Wellstone's Democrat Farm Labor Party.

That means even though he is a former Republican, he is apparently ready to accommodate BIG PICTURE politics and like Wellstone, embrace a wide field of liberals as well.

I've been watching him on TV and he strikes me as kind of a JFK Democrat but Bernie would like him, too. He's not a divider, he's a uniter.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2