Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 57 of 58 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 >
Topic Options
#306238 - 04/04/18 01:23 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: NW Ponderer]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
What does the term "perjury trap" actually mean in relation to Mueller interviewing Trump?

It means that Trump is such an inveterate liar that he will probably perjure himself. How is it a "trap", though? That's right, it's not. "Perjury trap" is just a way of turning the blame for Trump being a liar onto the person he is lying to.

The Upside Down...

#306241 - 04/04/18 06:40 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: logtroll]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The "perjury trap" is Trump's mouth. His lawyers have urged him to shut it.

#306245 - 04/04/18 09:08 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I am going to argue this again. There can be almost no chance of a perjury trap interviewing Mr Trump and here is why.

As a narcissist, Mr Trump lives in a delusional world. He believes that world is real. Thus almost anything he says which in any way impinges on that delusional world is suspect and of no value. SP Mueller has to devise questions which are invariant of the real world and Mr Trump's delusional world to be of any value and to therefore spring a trap.

I don't think this is as easy as it would appear to be for folks who live in the real world.

#306248 - 04/05/18 05:29 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I don't think insanity lets him off the hook. If Trump says objectively factual things that are not true under oath that is perjury. Insanity may be an excuse, but it is still perjury. If he's so insane he can't tell reality from fantasy, then he is not fit to serve and his cabinet or Congress must start an Amendment 25 fitness action.

And we can be sure that Mueller will ask him simple objectively factual questions, not questions that ask for an opinion.

#306249 - 04/05/18 12:29 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pondering_it_all]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Mr Trump is not insane ... psychotic .... schizophrenic. He has a personality disorder which creates delusions about himself which he believes.

Example: If SP Mueller asks about the size of the inauguration crowd and Mr Trump says, largest to ever attend, has he committed perjury or is he stating what he believes to be true in his delusion? That is objective and easily proved. However if the questions are did you fire Dir Comey to obstruct an investigation, in his opinion, in a delusional world created by his personality disorder, he would say no. Is that perjury?

The question have to be invariant which is to say they must be provable whether in the real world or in his delusional world.

I think this is harder than you realize.

#306251 - 04/05/18 03:16 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: rporter314]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I think it unlikely that Mueller will find evidence that Trump directly engaged in collusion with Russia. That the campaign did so is almost beyond dispute, at this point. Certainly individuals coordinated information with Russian operatives. The whole operation was infested, and Trump was aware, I'm pretty sure. But nobody really cared one way or the other.

In fact, I'd wager that if Trump was paid to spread Russian propaganda, he would have taken the deal. But Putin didn't need to do that, he had plenty of operatives in the campaign already.

What Mueller will find is a reckless attitude toward Russia, deep corruption going back decades, and a plethora of slimy characters. More importantly, I think, a constant effort to thwart investigation of the links, starting with Trump himself. Nunes was involved in that as well. I don't know, however, if he'll find an indictable offense.

My hope is that the Trump Organization's corrupt practices, and Trump's tax records, will finally see the light of day. There will be further indictments - maybe even of Jared, but I don't expect impeachment proceedings.

#306275 - 04/07/18 02:19 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The real reason for oligarch sanctions from the Trump administration: keeping witnesses away from Bob Mueller. The Mueller team has recently intercepted at least two oligarchs entering the United States, serving subpoenas on them, searching their phones and interviewing them.The Russia Investigations: On The Hunt For Duffel Bags Full Of Cash - npr; Exclusive: Mueller's team questioning Russian oligarchs - CNN.

You can't question them if you can't get to them!

#306276 - 04/07/18 04:53 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

This could be valid

#306353 - 04/11/18 02:07 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: rporter314]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Trump's perceived persecution fuels unrest - CNN.

Here's the thing: people who've gotten away with criminality and shady behavior for years tend to think themselves invincible. Trump now finds himself vulnerable. The pile of skeletons in his closet is thick and high. His hubris is Shakespearean in scope, and he has, by habit, surrounded himself with equally shady characters - he "see himself" in them.

The reckoning is coming, and he knows it. Ironically, I think he'd have gotten away with it if not for his deep-seated personality flaws. He's had an obsequious Congress, sycophantic interference runners and enablers, and a fawning news NetworkPR operation supporting his every irrational move - but that has not been enough.

Unfortunately, the machinations will bring us the risk of Pence. I'm not sure which is worse.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#306369 - 04/12/18 06:40 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Pence is a survivable event if we manage to get majorities in both houses of Congress.
If not, then we brought it on ourselves by not doing our duty.
It's too easy to blame all of this on Trump and Trump supporters but we didn't even manage to preserve our thin Senate majority!

You know the old school thing about rape where you're supposed to just "lay back and enjoy it?" Yeah, that's pretty much what we did in 2016 and that is why we now have this sickening Trifecta of Trump Toadies.

It WAS avoidable. We could have HAD Bernie as chairman of the Senate Budget Committee. We could have HAD quite a few checks and balances.

But no, we laid back and enjoyed it.
Vote in November as if our lives depend on it because they just might.

Page 57 of 58 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 25 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2