by Jeffery J. Haas
04/15/18 01:32 AM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by logtroll
04/14/18 08:27 PM
Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey
by rporter314
04/14/18 05:27 PM
Trump, Gardner strike deal on legalized marijuana(?)
by NW Ponderer
04/14/18 01:06 PM
The Pattern
by NW Ponderer
04/12/18 05:51 PM
A Congressman's Profanity Laced Tirade in a Safeway Grocery Store
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/12/18 05:36 AM
Gun Control
by jgw
04/10/18 09:29 PM
Stormy Daniels Suit: It's a Trap!!
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/10/18 08:27 PM
Rain and the capital cycle
by NW Ponderer
04/10/18 02:47 PM
How America's Largest Local TV Owner Turned Its News Anchors Into Trump Soldiers
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/09/18 04:32 AM
Timeline for Trump-Russia
by pdx rick
04/08/18 06:52 PM
Time to buy Amazon stock?
by jgw
04/07/18 06:11 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16246 Topics
279829 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#306368 - 04/12/18 06:27 PM Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The RNC has an audacious plan to buck up support in the upcoming midterms: Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey - CNN. But that seems to be a separate issue, right? Well, not really.

The point is to damage Democrats. But, given the utter contemptability and mendacity on which the campaign is based, there is a great chance that it will backfire - and should. Why the GOP’s Campaign Against ‘Lyin’ Comey’ Makes No Sense - New York Magazine. I think the immediate and overwhelming response from the Democrats needs to be - THEY'RE ALL CORRUPT. It's not just Trump, but all of his enablers in the Republican party who are just as mendacious and willing to lie about anything to stay in power (and enrich themselves and their donors). This, I think, could be a winning strategy: every time a Republican makes a claim, bring up another scandal.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#306385 - 04/13/18 07:57 PM Re: Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey [Re: NW Ponderer]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I can certainly understand the right's anger at the Comey book. We are told, for instance, that its a best seller and that happened, because of all the work the Jackass had done advertising the book! This being the case, and the simple fact that Mr Comey has not publicly tanked Mr. Trump for working so hard in his effort to assure Comey of success tends to make me think this might be the reason for all the mean spirit currently being displayed by the right.

Perhaps, if Mr. Comey publicly, perhaps even tweet, a thank you to the jackass for his efforts to make Mr. Comey's book a success everything will calm down?

#306393 - 04/14/18 12:21 PM Re: Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey [Re: jgw]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Trump is calling Comey a liar because to Trump, all criticism is a lie - WaPo opinion (limited access). I thought both the headline and article were spot on.
Quote:
a venal mix of hypocrisy and desperate attempts to convince Americans that the former FBI director is a liar — that up is down, and down is up.

Indeed, Trump and his sycophants are such inveterate liars that using the "I'm rubber, you're glue" analysis is almost a proof of any proposition.
Quote:
But to the Trumpist die-hards, any criticism is a provocation, no matter how plain and irrefutable its validity or veracity. The speaker does not matter, only that what the speaker is saying is oppositional. This is how the GOP performs the sort of moral contortions that led the party to create a website, lyincomey.com, with the explicit purpose of smearing the former FBI director, a registered Republican, ahead of publication of his book.
Like the, "I'm not a puppet, you're the puppet" claim in the debate, just assume that any aspersion cast upon another is a confession of the claimant to the proposition.

I was appalled, but unsurprised, when Sarah Sanders stood at the podium and hurled demonstrably false invective at yesterday's press conference like it was Twitter, and she were just a troll. Oh wait... She is. That she had scripted the response was either an admission that it was pure agitprop, or a signal to the press corps that she was forced to parrot Trump, "so you can't believe anything I'm saying." She literally had the demeanor of a prisoner of war being forced to read a manufactured confession into the camera. "Wink, wink - everything I'm saying should be applied to my boss..."

That is why I've been convinced from the outset that Trump was guilty of subversion and collusion. If he makes a claim it is invariably true that the opposite is reality. Just substitute "I'm" for whomever is the object of his attack. "You'reI'm the puppet," "he'sI'm a loser," "Comey'sI'm a liar" try it yourself! - it's like a parlor game.
And, of course, "there is collusion".

#306399 - 04/14/18 05:27 PM Re: Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Online   content
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
because to Trump, all criticism is a lie

For folks not a part of the delusional world created by Mr Trump, all we can do is peer at the tissue of ether between his ears which he believes is a citadel, a fortress. For the narcissist, anyone who does not pledge loyalty is an enemy. Anyone who does not believe he is the greatest person to ever be president, they need to be re-educated. etc

In a fit of paranoia, I envisioned this scenario: Putin & Mr Trump have conspired to create a crisis with intention to increase Mr Trump's executive powers. I suspect Mr Trump's tools in Congress would have no problem delivering more power to Mr Trump to further his agenda ... which just may be Napoleanic i.e. crown oneself as emperor.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 48 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2