281301 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#306400 - 04/14/18 05:28 PM bombing syria
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Last night we bombed Syria because Assad was gassing the opposition. This gets very interesting. Last night this was being covered by NBC live. It was also reported, on NBC that the French had announced that Russia had been warned and that we were in constant communication with Russia so, I guess, nothing got out of hand. This morning the bombing was being covered to exhaustion. However, not once did anybody mention the simple fact that Russia had been warned and was in constant communication with us. If one considers this fact then the entire thing becomes very, very, strange. Just saying......

What is truly interesting about the entire Syrian thing is that we are smack dab in the middle of an ongoing religious war. This is one where the Russians are on the side of the Shia and we are on the side of the Sunni. It used to be that we took the side of the one in the right that was getting beat up by the obviously bad guy. In the war between Shia and Sunni BOTH sides are quite capable of barbarism. We have, for instance, Yemen. This is one where the Sunni (basically, Saudi Arabia) are bombing the hell out of the Shia of Yemen, man, woman and child with our full support. Yemen is considered, incidentally, to be in the top five ongoing world class disasters. As an aside I would also mention that the Sunni is the side that has produced Al Shabaab, Al Qa’ida, Isis, etc. Isis, for instance, used school texts which are also used in the schools of Saudi Arabia. We are, basically, supporting the very places where those terrorists we have to deal with come from and are supported by.

Anyway, what I am saying is that all the beating of breast over the slaughter of women and children and civilians by us, inferring that our side are the civilized ones is just pure, unadulterated baloney. Nobody seems to care that the fact is that we have inserted ourselves into a religious war and, if you take a good hard look, we are also supporting the very people who created, and support, the terrorist organizations that have attacked us in the past. All this is public knowledge and easily verified.

On the other hand, given the heat and pressure being gifted to the Jackass this whole thing has turned out to be a GREAT distraction from crap raining down on our great leader and jackass. Still, we have been very careful to note that our bombing was all about the use of chemical weapons and, again by inference, had absolutely nothing to do with a religious war, and if you buy that one I have a couple of bridges for sale.

Again - just a thought............

#306410 - 04/14/18 11:11 PM Re: bombing syria [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I suspect it would be a lot more useful at this point to track Assad himself, figure out the five most likely places he is, and then bomb those. The CIA is supposed to be good at this sort of thing. Combine their tracking ability with a few drones and voila: All new players in the Syria debacle.

#306417 - 04/15/18 07:17 PM Re: bombing syria [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Let me expand a bit on this bit of Kabuki War. The bombing was 'arranged' beforehand with the Russians who remained in contact, with our forces, during the entire episode. Nobody's airplanes were destroyed, nobody was wounded, etc. Because of the Russian collusion in this strike, and their willingness to not shoot back with their ground anti-air stuff, this means, to me, that we are now actually in debt to Russia. This might be bad enough but it gets even better! Apparently the missiles themselves cost more than 1,000,000.00 each. We shot off 105 misseles so, if they were only worth a million each we just blew 105 million dollars on this Kabuki War.

Then there is our own media. Only in rare interviews did anybody even mention the Russian connection. In other words the media colluded with our government to mention this as little as possible. This, I think, also paints the 'free' media of the United States in a somewhat difficult position. My own response is WTF!!!

#306422 - 04/15/18 11:14 PM Re: bombing syria [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Arms makers need to build more missiles! Everybody wins!

#306423 - 04/16/18 12:10 AM Re: bombing syria [Re: jgw]
Ujest Shurly Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
105 mill, that is less than an hour of operations for the government. They lose more then that in rounding for the budget.

I figured the Russians would not fire because, if they failed to take out the missiles no body would want to buy their S-400 system

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#306424 - 04/16/18 02:26 AM Re: bombing syria [Re: jgw]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I guess none of the usual Trump supporters noticed he violated his campaign promise of not telegraphing anyone his intentions. And as you say and as I have said, it appears Mr Trump and the Russians were in a conspiracy to elevate the military status of Mr Trump. No one was apparently injured and I suspect all research materials and weapons stockpiles were removed long before the attack .... because Mr Trump telegraphed his intentions.

"Mission accomplished" .... and so ends another episode of The Trump White House .... reality at its best

#306428 - 04/16/18 03:33 PM Re: bombing syria [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

The biggest contradiction I see going on with this imperial theater is the moral contradiction of the centrist Libs. After all, wasn't Hillary Clinton advocating bombing of Assad's air force just a week ago?
The idea that it was stage crafted so as to NOT hit any troops from a historically produced nuclear armed adversary is unsettling for some while I am very relieved. That the potential for bringing on WW3 may have been avoided ..... for now?
Finally there is an odd lack of moral contradictions going on in this theater of which we've had our immoral hands playing a part. Hundreds of thousands of dead in Iraq and Syria which are a result of our imperial policies gets ignored becouse GAS!!!!
How's that Yemen massacre coming along.
A great deal of Trump supporters are isolationists that are supporting a pugilist, a great deal of anti war libs are protesting the use of missiles yet backed a war hawk in the last election, currently cheering the use of missles,and are upset that there may have been coordination with Russia so as to avoid hitting Russian troops and accelerate a real possibility of WW3.

Strange days indeed mama, strange days indeed...

#306433 - 04/16/18 06:47 PM Re: bombing syria [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

When it comes to the mid-east and America we should never forget that OUR government has taken the side of the Sunnis in their religious war with the Shia. My supposition is that we are making our Sunni allies (except for their terror organizations) very happy slaughtering their enemies by the hundred-thousands. Since we don't really need their oil, that they have very little else, except for a lot of OUR debt, I am not sure why we are even over there. Perhaps its because we can because our media never actually mentions any of this stuff so nobody really knows. All most Americans know is what they see on TV and they are all colluding on this and, I suspect, on a LOT of other stuff as well.

Vice news, however, Vice news will eventually actually get to it.

#306435 - 04/16/18 07:24 PM Re: bombing syria [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

I agree JGW. Not to sound like a fanboy but watching 'Bitter Lake' by Adam Curtis again was a real eye opener. It starts with FDR's and King Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia meeting in a part of the Suez called Bitter Lake' near the end of WW2 and how that has shaped our geopolitical world up to today. I'm amazed the BBC allows Curtis to do these projects.
Again, the Yutes are getting wise to this. I only wish more of the older generations would. I'm starting to agree with the idea that political parties makes people dumb...

Edited by chunkstyle (04/16/18 07:24 PM)

#306449 - 04/20/18 06:31 PM Re: bombing syria [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

What the political parties do is power. Doing a third party, for instance, is VERY hard. When the Republicans became it was really a bunch of Whigs tired of the baloney, slavery, and obvious self interest. So, really, it was a party replacement, rather than a new party. From what I am seeing I suspect that BOTH parties are going to get replaced, unless they get with the program. The very rich will keep the Republicans alive for as long as possible (they have been pretty consistent moving the goal post and doing well) but the Dems don't have that kind of support and those that do support, I am told, are not real comfortable with what is going on there. If they keep up the bullying they may have interesting times ahead.

All that being said it is, as usual, all about time, or as they say, "time will tell"?

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 26 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2