6248 Members
58 Forums
16339 Topics
281335 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#306636 - 05/07/18 12:41 AM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Funny. Between the two democratic candidates one has gone on to promote single payer/medicaide for all and a 15/hr. minimum raise. The other has climbed into the talk show circuit promoting a book on what went wrong.
I hear it's doing well and making lots of money.
I agree Gregor, I could care less for the self described mistakes the candidate thinks others made and would much rather hear the other former candidates medical plan ideas.
Don't get me wrong, this is Amerika where we enjoy hanging price tags on everything and can't stand a shred of public space. I don't begrudge the former Senator of my state from makin bank on a book about failure in the fast lane of hard ball politics. Not any more than I begrudge her selling her donors list and analytics back to the DNC for a coupla mill as has just been reported on this past month. A high grade operator on the long running grift of the democratic election machine would certainly done a competent job of lowering our expectations.

I'll be glad to donate

#306639 - 05/07/18 03:43 PM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: chunkstyle]
Greger Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
One of the candidates is still a senator. Doing what he has always done and doing it admirably. The other is a private citizen, a former first lady, Senator, Secretary of State, and Presidential candidate doing what she has always done. Working hard for women's and children's rights. Do you remember that she was one of the first to call for health care reform?

#306640 - 05/07/18 05:10 PM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

There has been a lot of politicians that have paid lip service to health care reform on both sides of the aisle. It would be interesting to see how many have parleyed that into bank.

THere was a big difference between them

#306641 - 05/07/18 06:49 PM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: chunkstyle]
Greger Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Quote:
There has been a lot of politicians that have paid lip service to health care reform on both sides of the aisle. It would be interesting to see how many have parleyed that into bank.

So far only Obama. Unless you want to count Mitt Romney's efforts.

#306651 - 05/08/18 02:15 AM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Online   sick

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: chunkstyle

The only reason my son is alive is because of S-CHIP, which if you remember, was the only part of HillaryCare (proposed single payer system) that survived. I saw the reception her single payer proposals got in Congress. It wasn't pretty.

He got three open heart surgeries before the age of five, two at the Cleveland Clinic and one at Arkansas Children's Hospital, all taken care of by S-CHIP.

#306656 - 05/08/18 02:03 PM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas

The only reason my son is alive is because of S-CHIP, which if you remember, was the only part of HillaryCare (proposed single payer system) that survived. I saw the reception her single payer proposals got in Congress. It wasn't pretty.

He got three open heart surgeries before the age of five, two at the Cleveland Clinic and one at Arkansas Children's Hospital, all taken care of by S-CHIP.

Ted Kennedy Jeff?
How about a shout out to Orrin Hatch for getting on board?

I'm glad your son was able to get the medical care needed to save his life. I would much rather have our tax dollars spent on these kinds of things.
How nice it would be for americans who needed it to have the same experience that your family had but with their mothers, sisters, brothers, aunts uncles, etc...?
The link described Clintons evolution of thinking from being an advocate of single payer to her current position against it and the speaking fees she's collected on the way to her current position on single payer.
Is this not a valid point to be raised on the differences in candidates and their positions on winning issues within the party or is it 'all hail the Anointed One?'

#306657 - 05/08/18 03:50 PM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: chunkstyle]
Greger Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Who's the anointed one?

#306662 - 05/08/18 09:30 PM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
the anointed one

That would be the Democrat who won 32 state primaries compared to the 23 her opponent won, and got 16,914,722 popular votes compared to the 13,206,428 popular votes her opponent got.

The voters picked Hillary instead of the Bernie. Even if you ignore the super-delegates, Sanders lost every contest fair and square.

#306665 - 05/08/18 10:35 PM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: pondering_it_all]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Quote:
the anointed one

That would be the Democrat who won 32 state primaries compared to the 23 her opponent won, and got 16,914,722 popular votes compared to the 13,206,428 popular votes her opponent got.

The voters picked Hillary instead of the Bernie. Even if you ignore the super-delegates, Sanders lost every contest fair and square.

And is now cashing in handsomely on her eventual Presidential loss.

How both of the candidates have gone on after their election bids is telling for some. For others not so much

#306666 - 05/08/18 10:41 PM Re: Richard Painter Switches from GOP to DFL in Senate Run [Re: chunkstyle]
Jeffery J. Haas Online   sick

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas

Ted Kennedy Jeff?
How about a shout out to Orrin Hatch for getting on board?

I'm glad your son was able to get the medical care needed to save his life. I would much rather have our tax dollars spent on these kinds of things.
How nice it would be for americans who needed it to have the same experience that your family had but with their mothers, sisters, brothers, aunts uncles, etc...?
The link described Clintons evolution of thinking from being an advocate of single payer to her current position against it and the speaking fees she's collected on the way to her current position on single payer.
Is this not a valid point to be raised on the differences in candidates and their positions on winning issues within the party or is it 'all hail the Anointed One?'

Where did you get Ted Kennedy from?
Or Orrin Hatch?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2