by jgw
10/09/18 09:26 PM
Trump’s ‘New’ Can-Mex Trade Deal Has All Kinds Of Improvements? Thanks, Obama
by jgw
10/09/18 05:35 PM
The End of the Independent Judiciary
by pdx rick
10/07/18 02:55 PM
Tiny Hawaiian Gecko Accidentally Calls 'a Bazillion' People from Hospital Phone,
by Greger
10/07/18 01:09 AM
That Bombshell Report on Trump's Taxes May Spark an Investigation by New York
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/05/18 05:03 AM
A time when politics were not all about greed
by jgw
10/04/18 07:28 PM
George Will: Abolish the death penalty
by Greger
10/03/18 12:28 AM
if the Dems take over
by Greger
10/01/18 09:55 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
09/30/18 08:15 PM
Answer (Fredric Brown, 1954)
by jgw
09/28/18 06:24 PM
RoundTable for September 2018
by NW Ponderer
09/28/18 11:24 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16400 Topics
282340 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#304172 - 12/01/17 02:13 AM WAR!
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
russia has an army with a bit over 1 million plus 2.5 million reserve, China has a standing army of over 2.2 million. North Korea has an army of 1.5 million. None of these are our pals. This means that them that the armies of not our pals comes to something between 5 ND 6 million troops. In addition each is a nuclear power.

The United States has a standing army of a bit over 1 million and is also a nuclear power.

Russia's Putin has not ever been a fan of the US. China, and North Korea, are not exactly delighted with having 20,000 American troops on the border between Korea and North Korea. As far as I can tell the leaders of both China and Russia realize that Trump is an easily minipulated, ignorant, seriously incompetent idiot.

Trump is a man who, basically, is recognized as being a bit unhinged and liable to do something, er, well, not good. His ongoing adventures with the leader of North Korea is a good example of this. I would also stipulate that China can, if they really want, control the misadventures of North Korea. Lets also add that Trump has worked, very hard, to piss off the UK and Germany who used to be stalwart supporters of the US.

Now, consider, what if them that are not our pals are just sick and tired of the United States. What if they are encouraging the North Korea ruler to get Trump so worked up that he actually makes the first military move, against North Korea, on North Korean territory. Oh, both Russia AND China have treaties to support North Korea should they be physically attacked. Under this scenario this would mean that we would now be in a fight with armies that outnumber us by at least 5 to 1. Add in that all of these folks also are nuclear power.

I am not sure what would happen next but, in any case it would not be real good.

Let me add, just for the heck of it, that one can only wonder what the Right, totally lacking in any kind of honesty, integrity, backbone or anything else, other than staying in power and keeping their jobs. These last thoughts, I think, are probably the current situation. I can only wonder just what they would do if the aforementioned problems actually started. I, for one, would not be surprised if the Right decided that the best thing to do would be to sell us all out as there is absolutely no reason that they would, or even could, do anything else?

How's that!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jgw (12/01/17 07:41 PM)

#304173 - 12/01/17 04:19 AM Re: WAR! [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Nuclear weapons are a fool's game: Any nuclear power on Earth, with the probable exception of North Korea, because they don't have enough nukes) could simply detonate 100 bombs ON THEIR OWN TERRITORY and end all human life on Earth. So it makes no sense at all to have 5000 nuclear weapons, or even 200.

As far as I can tell, the nuclear arms race is all a huge "I have a bigger dick than you" contest. Simple testosterone poisoning.

The solution? Put women in charge and they will get rid of all the nukes. In the meantime. I really doubt Trump's shiny red button connects to anything but a medic to come and administer some thorazine. There are enough high-ranking people in the White House who have figured out he is demented.

#304174 - 12/01/17 04:21 AM Re: WAR! [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
In the meantime. I really doubt Trump's shiny red button connects to anything but a medic to come and administer some thorazine. There are enough high-ranking people in the White House who have figured out he is demented.

Ummmm, not so sure you want to put all your eggs in that basket, PIA.

#306547 - 05/01/18 06:23 PM Re: WAR! [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Trump is going to lose the house, and maybe the senate, in a few month unless he can save the day. I looks as if he has decided that voters do not change horses in the middle of a war. That being the case, as far as I can tell, he is now colluding with the Israelis to first strike Iran. There are a couple of problems with this. The first is that the pentagon has, over time, said that invading Iran would be a really bad mistake. The second is that I am not sure that Iran hasn't got a mutual defense agreement with Russia. If they do have an agreement with Russia we can be assured that Russia will respond to our first striking Iran. Then there is China. I am not convinced that if Russia and Iran are at war with the United States that China won't join in so that they can reap the rewards/spoils of such a war if they should win. All told we are talking about the United States going up against the combined might of these three or a group of armies totaling something like 6 million. This kind of distraction won't bother the Jackass even a little bit as he knows all.

By the time the election rolls around its gonna be too late. When history revisits the United States they will refer to a craven Republican Party that did the deed and brought down the nation with the sollusion of the Democratic party which seemed to be above fighting back. Even if we should win such a war I doubt that there will be much left and history will report on the same craven bunch of idiots.

#306560 - 05/02/18 09:02 AM Re: WAR! [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Quote:
sollusion of the Democratic party which seemed to be above fighting back

And just what are you suggesting the Democrats do? About their only option at this point is to wait for winning some seats in November. They seem to be doing everything in there power to make that happen. Trump is digging his hole deeper every day.

#306561 - 05/02/18 03:24 PM Re: WAR! [Re: pondering_it_all]
Ujest Shurly Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Quote:
sollusion of the Democratic party which seemed to be above fighting back

And just what are you suggesting the Democrats do? About their only option at this point is to wait for winning some seats in November. They seem to be doing everything in there power to make that happen. Trump is digging his hole deeper every day.

Do their duty as the opposition party and oppose the ruling party. Kick up a fuss, raise hell, represent their constituents, ...

Nor do what they did with President Bush (43) and roll over and let the other party berate them into submission.

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#306563 - 05/02/18 06:51 PM Re: WAR! [Re: Ujest Shurly]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Quote:
Do their duty as the opposition party and oppose the ruling party. Kick up a fuss, raise hell, represent their constituents

Nice words but devoid of meaning. What are actual things they can do?

File lawsuits? check
Write minority party reports after investigations? check
Talk to the press about GOP behavior? check
Vote in Congress to oppose bad Republican legislation? check
Vote in special elections to put Democrats in office? check

I'm not sure what is left short of marching en masse to Washington and burning the Capital to the ground.

#306564 - 05/02/18 07:21 PM Re: WAR! [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Get the lefties of spec tv onboard some kind of consistent plan - just for starters (the right is VERY good at this!)
Call the right on EVERY lie! (again, the lefties of tv could do some of this)

One of the main problems with the left is that they simply don't tell anybody anything. When the right, for instance, calls the Dems the party of spend and tax that is plain crap. The Dems, it seems, is the party that has to bail out the country after the right takes down the economy. I guess they think its bad manners to point this kind of stuff out. Hillary set a very high bar at ignoring slander and, I suspect, the Dems took it waaay too much to heart (that's just one example - there are more).

People forget, Reagan cut taxes and then realized he had to pay the bills and raised them to do that. Now, the Republicans, the party of spend, spend, spend will leave over a trillion dollar debt to the Dems (if they can win). They will, of course, work hard to fix the problem and rarely even mention what the reason was. Remember, Obama did that. He talked a lot about the economy but not a whole lot about why and how the economy crashed int he first place. The Jackass has been able to roll back a lot of Obama stuff because a lot of it was by presidential decreee because the right dedicated EVERYBODY to stopping anything he wanted to do. That too was rarely mentioned.

<sigh>

#306571 - 05/03/18 01:07 AM Re: WAR! [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

I think it was quite obvious to anyone who wanted to see the truth. People love their delusions. It's hard to convince them that everything they believe in is wrong, even if it is. Just look at the people who are not getting health insurance this year. Most of them are low income Trump supporters who would have gotten it for free!

Maybe they will change their minds when some family member gets sick and they have to face death or medical bankruptcy. Neither one cares what your ideology says.

#306581 - 05/03/18 06:14 PM Re: WAR! [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

It will be interesting when medicaid recipients start noticing their services are getting cut. ONe would think they would be getting upset even now, even the aarp is starting to whine about that one although they valiantly ignored it for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2