Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#306784 - 05/20/18 10:44 AM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: jgw]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
An incredible confluence of history, the irony of a once in the history of America, a sitting president, who is so unqualified to be president, and who is in everyday violation of the Constitution, and yet there is, based on your arguments, no Democrats who can beat him in an election.

In a most Hagee fashion, I say God is punishing America.

#306785 - 05/20/18 02:32 PM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Joe Biden is the Dems ONLY hope in 2020. Hmm
Maybe adding Bernie as VP would cinch the ticket. smile

They're on opposite ends of the Dem spectrum.
Bernie might be willing to work with Biden but I don't see how anyone can imagine Biden working with Bernie.

Biden has shown that he is capable of evolving™. Biden did just that on gay marriage. Hmm

#306786 - 05/20/18 03:34 PM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: rporter314]
chunkstyle Offline

Originally Posted By: rporter314
An incredible confluence of history, the irony of a once in the history of America, a sitting president, who is so unqualified to be president, and who is in everyday violation of the Constitution, and yet there is, based on your arguments, no Democrats who can beat him in an election.

In a most Hagee fashion, I say God is punishing America.

It really says something about the Democratic Party doesn't it?

Joe Biden? God help us. The guy who's represented our eastern continental cayman island, pointlessly cultivating a 'lunch box' persona, gimmee a break. To his credit, he schooled Ryan in how a grift is done during their vice presidential debates. That was fun. His policies? Not so much.

#306793 - 05/20/18 08:19 PM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Yes, it says most of the Democratic Party is pretty damned centrist. I actually wish it was a bit more to the left. I think our government really should be sending every qualified applicant with a useful major through college and again those qualified through graduate school, so we can be competitive with the rest of the world. I think we should have single-payer for all, even if it radically reshapes the insurance and health care institutions. I think we need to keep up our infrastructure using government funding instead of building toll roads everywhere and pay-for-play fire departments.

Now, if I could just convince everybody else in the party...

#306799 - 05/21/18 03:37 AM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: pondering_it_all]
chunkstyle Offline

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Yes, it says most of the Democratic Party is pretty damned centrist. I actually wish it was a bit more to the left. I think our government really should be sending every qualified applicant with a useful major through college and again those qualified through graduate school, so we can be competitive with the rest of the world. I think we should have single-payer for all, even if it radically reshapes the insurance and health care institutions. I think we need to keep up our infrastructure using government funding instead of building toll roads everywhere and pay-for-play fire departments.

The Centrist control the party. It's subtle but makes a big difference PIA. I could understand how someone could confuse that. If your a right wing centrist you'll chose to ignore it.

I disagree that the party is right wing centrist. There's many issues that have broad majority support in the party but somehow go no where with the elected representatives.
Universal health care, campaign finance reform, repealing corporate personhood, legalize weed have broad popular support.
Progressives get smothered in the primaries. It's happening in my district as well as neighboring district. Outside funding structures have helped vault true progressives into primary races without help from DCCC.
And some of these progressives are winning against the party chosen candidates.
That's hopeful.
Or are you content with the complete wipeout of state governors mansions, the house, the senate, the White House and the Supreme Court?
Did the Russians make all that happen as well?

The Vig

#306800 - 05/21/18 04:21 AM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all

The only thought in your post that I would disagree with, is that I I would say that the Democratic party is more center-right than centrist.

Otherwise, I agree with the thoughts of your post. Hmm

#306801 - 05/21/18 04:27 AM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: chunkstyle]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

Quote:
The Democrats lost about 1,000 seats in state legislatures over the course of the Obama years.

This statement completely ignores the fact that the GOP completely gerrymandered the Hell out of Districts and voter suppressed the minority vote.

Hmm

Quote:
...He and the 14 other white men on that committee treated Anita Hill’s testimony about sexual harassment with skepticism and hostility...

While true, I will go out on a limb and state that Joe Biden would not behave in the same manner today, twenty-five years later. smile

Quote:
iden voted for NAFTA in 1993 and the Iraq War in 2003. In 2007, campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination in Iowa, he called the Iraq vote “a mistake.”

Would Fatass ever admit to making a mistake. Remember, Karl Rove came-up with the very clever box-them-into-a-corner line: "Either you're with us, or you're against us."

Hmm

Quote:
Biden championed the oxymoronic Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005. This law stripped consumers of bankruptcy protections while deregulating credit card issuers. At the time, the largest such company was MBNA—also one of Biden’s largest donors.

An indication of what a Biden White House might look like can be gleaned from looking at the 30 members on the advisory board of the Biden Institute, a policy outfit established last year at the University of Delaware. They include four people who have worked for hedge funds, three as bank executives, two as corporate consultants and one as the former CEO of the Democratic Leadership Council.

That was bad. I also knew when BAMZ!!! nominated Timothy Geithner as SecTres that nothing would change for the banking industry and it would be business as usual. cry

If Biden were serious about consumers, he'd campaign on restoring Glass-Steagall.

==========

Joe Biden nomination might not be able to check-off all of the boxes, but our Country needs a desperate "Hail Mary" pass in 2020. smile

#306802 - 05/21/18 04:58 AM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
It would be nice if we could get a populist Democrat that was not well beyond retirement age to run. I'd hate to expend all the time, energy, and money to elect somebody and have him or her drop dead in office. That's one thing Obama had going for him. He was just 57 when he took office.

George Clooney is 57 now. Did you see him and his wife at the royal wedding? Looked pretty damned Presidential. Unlike Trump's pitiful excuse of a bio, Clooney's is pretty impressive. His wife's is even better.

#306803 - 05/21/18 01:26 PM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline

Rick
What article are you quoting on Biden?

#306805 - 05/21/18 03:19 PM Re: The Democratic Plan [Re: jgw]
Ujest Shurly Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Biden is to old.
Sanders is to old.

The stress of the job stands a good chance of killing them.

Democrats need young blood.

George Clooney - not another actor, besides he is not qualified (however, President Donald (abuse of power and authority) Trump proved qualifications or lack there of are not a hindrance.

Now Amal Clooney is better qualified than her husband, it is a shame she is not a Natural Born citizen.

What about Cory Booker?

A dam shame Senator Tammy Duckworth is not a Natural Born Citizen.

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2