6248 Members
58 Forums
16342 Topics
281364 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#306529 - 04/29/18 08:00 PM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: rporter314]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: rporter314
There has been a tectonic style shift in the politics of the country of which everyone is aware, but I suspect it is worse than people have previously realized. This may be akin to the boiling frog metaphor. We may not realize the extent of damage until it is too late.

100 percent spot on.
I've been following the story of the thirteen Turpin children who were "homeschooled" and tortured for decades by their sicko parents.
And I see a ton of parallels!

I remarked to my wife that the Turpin 13 incident is just the tip of the iceberg, and that along the way, we will see HUNDREDS of cases just like the Turpin family.
And we all know how much the conservatives LOVE to home-school their kiddos, don't we...

So, just like we're going to see all manner of skyrocketing collateral damage from kids who were subjected to dire conditions and home-schooled with all kinds of whacko ideas, we're also going to see a larger and more generalized malaise, even after Trump and Trumpism disappears into past history.
I think we will see a generation of highly disillusioned people and families wandering around, taking out their confusion and anger on society in multiple horrific ways for many years to come.

#306531 - 04/30/18 03:33 AM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
I think we will see a generation of highly disillusioned people and families wandering around, taking out their confusion and anger on society in multiple horrific ways for many years to come.

Why do you think that CONtards favor the sale of AR-15s? CONtards don't care, because Mother Nature will have taken care of them by then, anyway. Hmm

#306545 - 05/01/18 04:29 PM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: rporter314]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: rporter314
Quote:
All I can say is that the current incarnation of America isn't working. ... If that means that a guy like Donald Trump has to spend 4 years, or maybe 8 years, in the White House, then we are stuck with the Donald.

Tim .... first I recommend taking a course in logic.

Your comment is nonsensical. You say nothing is working ... then you say Mr Trump will fix it ... but the facts say he is making it worse .... so you support him

You love tax cuts (read that to really mean you don't want to pay for entitlements) and you want a balanced budget. Mr Trump just signed a bill which will give you a tax cut (for a little daub of money) but the budget will balloon by 150% (CBO projection). So why are you supporting Mr Trump??? Isn't there some definition about insanity which may be applicable???

Where did I say that Trump will fix anything? Trump is a symptom of what ails America. Half of America support the idea of what Trump campaigned on, and half don't. What is hard about that logic? If it takes 4 years, or 8 years, of Donald Trump to force America to fix itself, then Donald is the bitter medicine that is needed.

Every tax cut should come with equal or greater amounts of budget cuts, otherwise you are not correcting the sins of your forefathers, but multiplying them. Look, anytime the government tells me I can keep my money, I jump at the chance. Eventually the federal government will have to either cut the budget or raise taxes because we are nearing the deficit breaking point. I will gladly pay more taxes if the budget gets cut and a balanced budget amendment were to be passed. Maybe even a line item veto amendment. But in the current tax environment, give me another tax cut, maybe two! Because, the more tax cuts, the quicker we solve the deficit problem.

Donald Trump is just a better alternative than either Hillary or Bernie. I am enjoying the theater, laughing at the results. He has you liberals so worked up and turned around that you willingly passed that tax cut. Then he does something like North Korea! Too funny.

You have a very terrific day! Remember, make America great again.

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#306546 - 05/01/18 04:30 PM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I don't want to pile on Ma R, but...
seriously?? Tim, do you ever really consider the content of what you post? I really, really, really want to have a discussion that includes conservative thoughts on the subject, but I don't see any evidence of that in any of your "contributions". I don't even know where to begin.

If I told you I don't care what you think, would that upset you?

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#306550 - 05/01/18 06:54 PM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: Ma_Republican]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Tim ... thanks for another installment of the nonsense from Trump Central

1st let me make this comment ... if I say A is true and then I say B is true and if properly constructed and A and B implies C, then I do not have to say C ... the reader or listener should have figured that out or I do not have to say the words for me to state something which I believe (or is more often the case with conservatives, they do not believe the conclusions of their own thinking)

2nd let me try to state something I think you are trying to say but as I will address later did not come close. I think you are saying Mr Trump is like treating cancer with chemo and thereby almost killing the patient in an attempt to eradicate the cancer. What you forgot is chemo does not always cure the patient. Sometimes the patient dies anyway.

So now lets look at your "logic". You support Mr Trump because he is the cure. Re-read your 1st paragraph. 1st you say he will not fix anything then you say after 4 or 8 years he will fix America. (You said Mr Trump was the medicine i.e. he is the savior ... he is the fixer)

So an example of this. Tax cuts with budget cuts ... that is your prescription to I have to guess, to balance the budget. But you support Mr Trump and his tax cuts .... where are those budget cuts? So do you half support Mr Trump or are you a loyal Trump supporter? So what is the result of the tax cut? The CBO recently scored it for the current fiscal year at 150% increase over previous projection or $1T deficit. Not only that but Republicans are now saying (the somewhat honest ones) the tax cut did not trickle to the middle class and will not raise revenues to offset deficits. And yet you support Mr Trump. I suspect you are the problem for your continued support of the madness that has infected America.

But wait there is more. You would willingly pay more taxes if there were a balanced budget amendment. Why would you want to pay more taxes? Do you want more services from the federal government? But wait you were not finished. You want more tax cuts. LOL ... so you want more tax cuts to raise the budget deficit even more. I love magical thinking, but only about metaphysics.

Tim I am no longer amazed by people who make as many nonsensical statements as you have .... I suspect this is what happened to the Roman Empire. I am afraid you are intoxicated from all the gaslighting.

BTW your other comment about liberals I think is one of the reasons some Trump supporters voted for him i.e. they would destroy America just so they can righteously thumb their noses at liberals ... to use words a la Trump ... childish very childish

#306551 - 05/01/18 08:10 PM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: Ma_Republican]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
If I told you I don't care what you think, would that upset you?

Tim
Not a whit. You see, Tim, I learned some time ago that your posts are based on a belief system, not reality. Facts, logic, and give and take discourse are anathema. In the many years we've been posting on this site I've never, not once, seen your mind changed on any subject. I accept that. There are some minor issues that we agree on, but for the most part I find your posts unrevealing or subject to rational consideration. I don't watch FOX because it, similarly, does not brook considered thought or accept criticism.

At the Rant, however, a multiplicity of thought is welcomed. I respond because others might find the discussion illuminating. When I post I try to invite response - Not always successfully - and I've had my mind changed not infrequently, or at least my viewpoint altered. You don't invite that so, I'm completely unsurprised you "don't care". It's your Schtick. You have relentlessly repeated the theme. It's also what's wrong with the Republican party you so gleefully promote, and why it is failing so miserably. I think, actually, it's rather cute when you claim not to support Trump. It's more like you're his "mini me". He is because of you.

#306552 - 05/01/18 08:33 PM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: NW Ponderer]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Trump is the logical conclusion of republican conservatism.

Ma very much cares what you think NWP. It's the only thing that sustains conservatism. It's only cohesive force for the base of older white males is to p!ss off libs. All the rest is logical contradictions and phony mind palace whining.

Why would Ma bother to let you know he doesn't care if he really didn't care?

#306553 - 05/01/18 08:43 PM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

You know, liberals seem to make better policy wonks than other folks more often than not.
Well, policy wonks work their tails off, they hit all the right moral and ethical notes, they don't believe in hurting large groups of people to achieve a singular beneficial end for a tiny entrenched group of wealthy oligarchs, and they don't try to dodge tough questions by perching on shifting relativistic arguments. What's right is right.

They are also BORING AS HELL on 24 hour cable TV news segments and they don't like talking in sound bites. If you present tough, complicated questions, they're bound to give you tough, complicated answers and offer complicated solutions, which might be very sound, but again...
BOR-R-R-R-R-R-R-ING~!!!

And cable TV news cannot ever afford to be boring.

Know what's not boring?
You guessed it, the clowns, the extremists, the revanchists, the populists and the fundamentalist whackos.

I keep hearing the Right trying to suggest that "if Trump had run as a liberal, you guys would be defending him all the way to the edge of the cliff and beyond" or some such nonsense.

Nope, nope and nope, and here's why:

We already HAD a Trump-like character running for President MANY years ago.
In fact, he could wipe the floor with Donald Trump, all he would need is some careful image consultants and a few miracles. He might not have won but he would have destroyed Trump's chances completely by disrupting Trump's very own game.

I ask you to look specifically through Trump-style rose colored glasses on this one because it's not a focus group study, it's study in comparative styles and I see a lot of what Trump does now in this past candidate from LONG AGO, only he ran as a LIBERAL populist.

The only reason he ran as a Republican was to piss the Republicans off.
The Republicans should be thankful he got shot, they should be thankful he didn't try to run as a Democrat, and they should be thankful that he's too old, too beat up physically and too forgotten today.

But the point is, Larry Flynt wasn't trying to pollute our water and air, he wasn't trying to take away our public schools, he wasn't trying to fatten the rich on the backs of the poor, he wasn't trying to hurt our elderly and disabled veterans, he wasn't kow-towing to white nationalists, he wasn't trying to start wars all over the globe and he wasn't trying to dismantle the entire administrative state. He wasn't trying to put guns in the hands of every idiot in every square mile of the country either.
And he wasn't into declaring a free press "the enemy of the people".

If Larry Flynt had been hale, hearty and rich enough in 2016, he could have diverted a LOT of the low information naive populist vote AWAY from Trump.

Imagine a pay per view event with a clear headed and healthy Larry Flynt going up against Donald Trump in a one on one debate. Trump would be running for the door crying for his Mommy and Daddy in ten minutes.

And, it would have been the ratings bonanza of the CENTURY.

#306555 - 05/01/18 08:58 PM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: Ma_Republican]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Ma_Republican

Boston had a mayor, Kevin White. He was a Dem and a crook and a con man. He held a birthday party for his WIFE every year and demanded everybody in his administration, as well as all department heads and most of the house and senate, come to the party and bring gifts. Their were rumors, and since my father in law actually had to attend, strong rumors, that you job depended upon your $100 gift (cash). What he did for Boston was well worth every penny he stole. He got the job done, had the streets plowed and the potholes filled. The City of Boston grew at an unbelievable rate and most of the city development has been maintained.

Sometimes a con man is what is needed to succeed.

Have a nice day,

Tim

Good, then you should have no trouble at all voting for Larry Flynt instead of Donald Trump.

#306558 - 05/02/18 03:50 AM Re: What it will take to curb the President [Re: Ma_Republican]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Quote:
Every tax cut should come with equal or greater amounts of budget cuts...

Q: What do CONservatives, ISIS and al Queda all have in common? smile

A: They ALL want to degrade and destroy government. Hmm

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2