by pondering_it_all
Today at 05:08 AM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by Ken Condon
Today at 04:48 AM
CNN's lawsuit over White House ban of Jim Acosta
by logtroll
Today at 12:01 AM
RED ALERT: Obstruction of Justice on Overdrive!
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 06:21 PM
Our Embarrasment of a White House
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 09:28 AM
Round table NOVEMBER 2018
by Jeffery J. Haas
11/12/18 04:44 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2018
by pondering_it_all
11/12/18 06:28 AM
the economy
by pondering_it_all
11/11/18 04:25 AM
Happy Birthday, United States Marine Corps
by Greger
11/10/18 08:45 PM
What Left?
by Greger
11/09/18 02:42 AM
Sleazy Slimeball or Slimy Sleazebag?
by NW Ponderer
11/08/18 06:25 PM
The rising tides are upon us
by pondering_it_all
11/08/18 01:15 AM
People who remember every second of their life - Total recall | 60 Minutes Austr
by Jeffery J. Haas
11/04/18 10:42 PM
Frontline: Facebook Dilemma
by Jeffery J. Haas
11/04/18 10:27 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
11/04/18 09:22 PM
Roundtable for October 2018
by logtroll
10/30/18 11:06 PM
An Open Letter to My Teenage Son (Vietnam War era artifact)
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/29/18 05:02 AM
Media and Trump
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/28/18 08:09 PM
Debt Crises
by jgw
10/28/18 07:48 PM
The chosen one?
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/27/18 12:40 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16415 Topics
282754 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#307854 - 08/10/18 03:29 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ma_Republican]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Ma_Republican
The world is a big place full of bad people. Usually, the worst of the bad people end up in power.
And why is it that so many of them are Republicans? Ah, because they follow this dystopic philosophy!
Nobody ever changed the world with kindness. Ruthless determination and brute force is what makes the difference.
Clearly hasn't studied religious philosophy...

I care about my countrymen, that they can lead prosperous lives.
Now that, my friend, is belied by about everything you post.

Momma raised ugly children, not stupid children.
Hmm...

Here's the thing, MA, you're part of the problem, and offer no solution. Yes, this election has had consequences, and they're all bad. If you think ANYthing Herr Trump has done has been positive, you are either: in denial, delusional, contra your claim about your mother, or unspeakably evil. I recognize that there are a cadre of "deplorables" that actually support these policies, and will follow their dear leader to despotism, but, if you genuinely possess some semblance of decency, you can't really believe the troll-bait you post here.

There are standards of human decency. Trump possesses none of them. He has demonstrated, in over 70 years, no interest in improving the lot of his fellow man. He certainly has not done so as President. Pious pronouncements to the contrary, in this instance, if you're not against him, you are for him. If one willingly follows any idiot and villain, whatever the excuse, one is a co-conspirator, period.

But, to end on a positive note, I agree with your last sentences:
Quote:
elections have consequences. They should never be treated as anything less than the most important event that takes place every other November.

#307883 - 08/13/18 04:27 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Golem]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Is there a liberal playbook that tells you how to show your outrage? I have always found liberals to be the most judgmental group of people in America. If a liberal doesn't like something the world is going to come to an end and it will be everybody's fault but their own.

Do you know what the best thing about Trump getting elected was? It was watching Huma walking down the street crying. It was seeing Hillary trying to blame everybody else except for herself. It was seeing how petty and spiteful the Democratic Party has become.

NW, I do not care what you think. As GW said, when I was young, I was young. Now that I am no longer young, I don't have to worry about other opinions, because who the hell cares? Look, Trump is succeeding. He is actually keeping his promises. He isn't kissing Arab asses while on a world tour, he isn't telling people how sorry he is that he is America. He doesn't have to like people for the press, hell, he doesn't have to like people in the press. He is a moron, but he is real. I wouldn't change him for Hillary in a million years.

So go on and be the pretentious ass that all liberals have become. Let everybody know how morally superior you are to them. Let us know exactly how you would like us to live our lives because it makes disappointing you all that much sweeter.

Have a nice day wink

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#307886 - 08/13/18 06:10 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ma_Republican]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
So you think it was a great thing to elect a moron to control the world's most powerful nuclear arsenal and the world's strongest economy, just so you could watch some liberals cry? This is like cutting off your head to spite your face.

#307887 - 08/13/18 07:24 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: pondering_it_all]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
So you think it was a great thing to elect a moron to control the world's most powerful nuclear arsenal and the world's strongest economy, just so you could watch some liberals cry? This is like cutting off your head to spite your face.

We put Obama in there. He did everything he could to undermine the country's foreign policy. We put GW in there, another moron. We put Clinton, he screwed his way through 8 years and implemented NAFTA. Trump is just another in a long line. I didn't need Trump to get elected to see liberals cry, he is just a byproduct of liberal angst. This too will pass, Trump with go to the happy hunting grounds with all of the other past Presidents, and a new and improved moron will take his place. It is a parasitic oscillation, eventually the instability will stop and a competent person will become POTUS, unfortunately it will only stop for one President, then it will start again. If you look through history, most Presidents have been average to below average, who else but a f'ing moron would want the job?

I know that the sky is falling, and Nancy Pelosi is crying wolf, and all the kings men can't put it back together again, but let's be real. Trump is just another guy who decided he could fix the problems that plague the world. You have to give him credit, he is trying to do it differently than anybody that I can remember. I know that the liberal loony's can't stand him, and the middle of the road are scared of the loony's, so they are yelling that they hate him, but in the end most will vote their pocketbook.

Every time I see a liberal cry, I know that sour grapes are going to follow. You guys are the worst losers ever. Because you are so convinced of your superiority, you can't fathom the possibility that you could be wrrrrrrrrong, so you blame everybody else. Don't believe me, I got one word to prove it; RUSSIA. Trump is no better, he is a poor winner, but I would rather be a poor winner than a poor loser.

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#307888 - 08/13/18 08:23 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Golem]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

It's not so much that liberals are judgmental, it's that they have judgment.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#307889 - 08/13/18 08:46 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ma_Republican]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Trump is just another guy who decided he could fix the problems that plague the world.

Nope, Trump is just a guy that wanted to turn the presidential campaign into a money maker. Like the perennial candidate Ron Paul who made millions off it.
He never planned to win. He was as shocked as the rest of us when he did.
He's made the best of it, taking his cues from FOX News, just like he always has, and running the government like it was his family business.
You're betting that his amateurish hamfisted and corrupt methodology is going to somehow end on a positive note.

Quote:
you can't fathom the possibility that you could be wrrrrrrrrong

Neither can you...but you're betting on Trump.

Space Force...LeBron James...Omarosa...trade wars....

#307890 - 08/13/18 09:42 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Greger]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Russian puppet...

#307891 - 08/13/18 10:03 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: logtroll]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
The president couldn’t say one nice thing about the senator before signing the John S. McCain National Defense Authorization Act.
link

#307892 - 08/14/18 05:16 AM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Golem]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
So who's crying? Certainly not me. I'm just worried that doing the exact opposite of the last guy in the office as a general rule is wrong about 90% of the time. I really hope Trump doesn't bumble his way into something that can't be undone once we get somebody competent in there. And BTW, I consider Romney to be competent, although I might not like some of his policies.

If Republicans decide Trump is too lethal to their Party to keep, and ease Pence out ala Spiro Agnew, they could get Romney in there as VP and then impeach Trump. Problem solved. At least Romney was a pretty popular Governor and not insane. There are any number of Republican Senators that would do as well.

Trump's administration is just the random stumble of a drunk.

#307895 - 08/14/18 12:52 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
It's not so much that liberals are judgmental, it's that they have judgment.

Ah, I rest my case.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2