by jgw
10/09/18 09:26 PM
Trump’s ‘New’ Can-Mex Trade Deal Has All Kinds Of Improvements? Thanks, Obama
by jgw
10/09/18 05:35 PM
The End of the Independent Judiciary
by pdx rick
10/07/18 02:55 PM
Tiny Hawaiian Gecko Accidentally Calls 'a Bazillion' People from Hospital Phone,
by Greger
10/07/18 01:09 AM
That Bombshell Report on Trump's Taxes May Spark an Investigation by New York
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/05/18 05:03 AM
A time when politics were not all about greed
by jgw
10/04/18 07:28 PM
George Will: Abolish the death penalty
by Greger
10/03/18 12:28 AM
if the Dems take over
by Greger
10/01/18 09:55 PM
Answer (Fredric Brown, 1954)
by jgw
09/28/18 06:24 PM
RoundTable for September 2018
by NW Ponderer
09/28/18 11:24 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16401 Topics
282371 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#307841 - 08/08/18 11:51 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ma_Republican]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Quote:
For the record, I will say it again, Donald Trump is a moron.

You don’t really believe that Tim. You do, in fact, believe that Mr. Trump is a genius. Little “hints” in your posts prove that. Said Trump plays his bass (base) like a fiddle. And up to this point only Edgar Meyer could do that.

But that works well for Mr. Trump. All Trump has to do is to keep his 38% happy and they are more than willing to oblige with their bootlicking and over the top sycophancy. In fact, they will just about jump over each-other to “prove” which one of them is the greatest bootlicker of all.

Just look at Mike Pence in action. Knob polisher in the extreme.

You as well as I know that until those syco 38% express an unwillingness to be mislead by the Pied Piper nothing will change. No Republican will dare stand up to Trump unless they know they have already been shown the tribal exit door. With their flames ceremoniously extinguished.

Mr. Tim, you love Trump. Please for the sake of the record- just admit that. Otherwise your posts do not ring true.

#307842 - 08/09/18 10:24 AM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ma_Republican]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Quote:
Politics is a contact sport, you either get tough or go home. It is also the ultimate spectator sport, everybody can sit back and bet on the outcome.

Tim, you have said this many times. What is it supposed to mean? Why is politics a “sport” to you? That would mean governance is a sport, too. Or maybe it has devolved into a sordid “Reality” TV show?

#307843 - 08/09/18 10:52 AM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ken Condon]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Ken Condon
Quote:
For the record, I will say it again, Donald Trump is a moron.

You don’t really believe that Tim. You do, in fact, believe that Mr. Trump is a genius. Little “hints” in your posts prove that. Said Trump plays his bass (base) like a fiddle. And up to this point only Edgar Meyer could do that.

But that works well for Mr. Trump. All Trump has to do is to keep his 38% happy and they are more than willing to oblige with their bootlicking and over the top sycophancy. In fact, they will just about jump over each-other to “prove” which one of them is the greatest bootlicker of all.

Just look at Mike Pence in action. Knob polisher in the extreme.

You as well as I know that until those syco 38% express an unwillingness to be mislead by the Pied Piper nothing will change. No Republican will dare stand up to Trump unless they know they have already been shown the tribal exit door. With their flames ceremoniously extinguished.

Mr. Tim, you love Trump. Please for the sake of the record- just admit that. Otherwise your posts do not ring true.

Go back and look at the pre-election threads. I said it then also. Donald Trump is a moron, but he is also succeeding. What can I say, the man is lucky.

No, I do not love Trump. But given the choices that America had, America made the correct choice.

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#307844 - 08/09/18 11:10 AM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: logtroll]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: logtroll
Quote:
Politics is a contact sport, you either get tough or go home. It is also the ultimate spectator sport, everybody can sit back and bet on the outcome.

Tim, you have said this many times. What is it supposed to mean? Why is politics a “sport” to you? That would mean governance is a sport, too. Or maybe it has devolved into a sordid “Reality” TV show?

American politics really is the greatest show on earth. We gather up the likely suspects, watch them beat each other bloody and then we choose the winner based on whatever flawed information the candidates provided during the run up. It is a soap opera special that happens every 3 years, and it usually has everything you would want in a soap opera, antagonism, lies, charlatans, emotional outbursts and comedic outbursts. This last election brought about the latest in the attention grabbing actor and actress, The Don and Hillary with the minor players like Comey and Bush and the bit players like Obama and Russia.

Presidential politics is a no holds barred, bare knuckles wrestling match with villains and heroes, hated managers and intruders who jump into the ring and hit the candidates with a folding chair. Story lines are created, hatreds are realized and in the end, if we are very unlucky, we get vindictive and childish accusations from the losers. The only people who realize any profit are the reporters and hangers-on.

Nah, American politics are very surely a contact sport, just ask Hillary how that stomach punch felt. There is a reason that sports books make a killing on the elections, why America invests so much in the run up to the election. I have worked many local elections, have been on the winning side of a few and lost many more. There really is the thrill of victory and agony of defeat.

So just sit back and understand that, like professional wrestling, most of the matches are fixed, the outcome decided long before the final bell, but occasionally, we get an election like the last Presidential election, and faith in the entertainment of politics is renewed.

Have a nice day,

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#307845 - 08/09/18 11:33 AM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ma_Republican]
logtroll Offline
veteran

The world according to Ma_R. It's all about bullying and force, getting what you want at the expense of others, consequences be damned. Everything is okey-dokey, anything goes, if it helps you to "win".

Could this be the fundamental difference between the right and the left?

#307846 - 08/09/18 12:13 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: logtroll]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

The world according to Ma_R. It's all about bullying and force, getting what you want at the expense of others, consequences be damned. Everything is okey-dokey, anything goes, if it helps you to "win".

This isn't about bullying. It is the difference between realism and idealism.

In a perfect world, Trump never gets elected, Hillary never runs, and we get a competent person to be the most powerful man in the world.

Alas, nothing is perfect.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#307847 - 08/09/18 02:21 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ma_Republican]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: Ma_Republican
This isn't about bullying. It is the difference between realism and idealism.

You have a knack for skimming over the surface of things with aplomb, dropping platitudes like bombs. Very rightish.

#307848 - 08/09/18 04:38 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: logtroll]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

The world is a big place full of bad people. Usually, the worst of the bad people end up in power. Nobody ever changed the world with kindness. Ruthless determination and brute force is what makes the difference. I didn't make the rules, and I don't have to like them, but to deny them is just dumb.

Followers like to feel good, leaders are never good and the people who are aware of reality find the good in their lives. I care about my family, they will lead good lives, and I care about my countrymen, that they can lead prosperous lives. Somewhere at the bottom of my list about things I care about, is the possibility that human nature will somehow change. If it weren't for aggression, we would never have become the big men on the campus of the Earth.

I hope that someday the world will become Utopia. That everybody will be happy and healthy and well fed. I also hope that I win a big Power Ball lottery. The chances of winning the lottery are much larger than living in Utopia.

I take care of me and mine. The best way to do that is to protect them and teach them the realities of life. Realism is when I look out at the political structure and see a bunch of leaches sucking the life out of the country. Idealism, is trying to turn the leaches into a cure. Momma raised ugly children, not stupid children. I know how to tie my shoes, and know that nothing good happens after 2:00 in the morning. I also know that elections have consequences. They should never be treated as anything less than the most important event that takes place every other November.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#307849 - 08/09/18 05:52 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ma_Republican]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Yes... the world according to Tim.

#307851 - 08/09/18 09:51 PM Re: Illinois celebrates first official 'Barack Obama Day' [Re: Ma_Republican]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
So I hafta wonder, Tim, do you see all lies and corruption? Does it just not bother you? Or do you simply fail to see them because it's a Republican?

Asbestos? Really? Russian asbestos? Sure! Trump says it's okay.

Just from an environmental standpoint this administration is dangerous.

Do clean water and air mean so little to you? Are corporate profits truly the most important thing in the world?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2