by jgw
10/09/18 09:26 PM
Trump’s ‘New’ Can-Mex Trade Deal Has All Kinds Of Improvements? Thanks, Obama
by jgw
10/09/18 05:35 PM
The End of the Independent Judiciary
by pdx rick
10/07/18 02:55 PM
Tiny Hawaiian Gecko Accidentally Calls 'a Bazillion' People from Hospital Phone,
by Greger
10/07/18 01:09 AM
That Bombshell Report on Trump's Taxes May Spark an Investigation by New York
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/05/18 05:03 AM
A time when politics were not all about greed
by jgw
10/04/18 07:28 PM
George Will: Abolish the death penalty
by Greger
10/03/18 12:28 AM
if the Dems take over
by Greger
10/01/18 09:55 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
09/30/18 08:15 PM
Answer (Fredric Brown, 1954)
by jgw
09/28/18 06:24 PM
RoundTable for September 2018
by NW Ponderer
09/28/18 11:24 AM
Code for no black people': New York bar's 'racist' dress code sparks online deba
by Greger
09/26/18 05:11 PM
Our modern Sinclair Lewis?
by pondering_it_all
09/26/18 07:10 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16398 Topics
282296 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#308802 - 10/04/18 12:57 PM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: jgw]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

In days the FBI managed to interview 9 people?!! Talk about a "whitewash". They only interviewed people who could not corroborate Dr. Blasey Ford, apparently, since they didn't even interview her. The corruption of the GOP has no bounds.

#308811 - 10/04/18 04:39 PM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
The corruption of the GOP has no bounds.

I think that's been clear for some time now. Look at the indictment and conviction rate of Republicans vs Democrats over the last 50 years or so. Look at the failure of Republicans to do anything...anything at all, that might help anyone but the richest among us.

Republicans look at the vast wealth of the United States of America and say "How can I get more of this for myself."

Democrats look at this same wealth and say "How can we use this to make everyone's life better.

Kavanaugh will be seated on the supreme court. His decisions will make poor people suffer even more and enrich the already wealthy even further.

And the minions will rejoice at the suffering of the poor.

Quote:
I hope he takes special revenge upon your party's hopes and prayers. I hope he takes special pleasure in stopping anything that your party wants his vote for. Payback is a bitch, and if/when he is confirmed, the Democratic party will become his.

#308820 - 10/05/18 04:17 AM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: jgw]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I see a lot of articles about people refuting J Kavanaugh's testimony, or op-ed's, or calls not to confirm by former judges and law professors, but you know what folks ... that's right ... it doesn't matter.

The reality is Republicans are fearful of losing the Senate which would mean they can not get another extremist confirmed to SC. They would have to settle for a moderate should they not get J Kavanaugh confirmed.

The backrooms are burning midnight oil. Sen McConnell will trade his jewels to get over the finish line ... whatever it takes. As long as Sen Murkowski is the lone possible holdout, J Kavanaugh will be next SCJ.

#308823 - 10/05/18 08:04 PM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
If the Dems can take the house they can then:
Reveal the facts on the Kavanaugh/FBI so-called investigation

Investigate the hell out of everything, keeping in mind that the Republicans have spent, at least, 100 million investigating the Clintons.
https://www.quora.com/How-much-money-has...-investigations

Investigate, and report, on markets, jobs, and businesses suffering due to Jackass trade policies.

Investigate the failure of Jackass appointees

ETC. (there is a LOT more!)

#308826 - 10/05/18 09:58 PM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: jgw]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
I find it a little bit deplorable that we need to become like the Republicans to defeat them.
To my notion any thinking man should be able to look at the Obama years and judge them as a positive for the good of the nation and the world.
And that any thinking man of normal intelligence should be able to look at the sh*t storm going on up there now and see that it's off the hook cray cray...

Republicans see it the other way around.

#308827 - 10/06/18 12:15 AM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: Greger]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Greger
I find it a little bit deplorable that we need to become like the Republicans to defeat them.
To my notion any thinking man should be able to look at the Obama years and judge them as a positive for the good of the nation and the world.
And that any thinking man of normal intelligence should be able to look at the sh*t storm going on up there now and see that it's off the hook cray cray...

Republicans see it the other way around.

Well that sentiment and a five spot should get you a hot cup of coffee. I just had an epiphany with all this weak tea decorum resistance fighting from the centrists Dems might finally shake some of their loyal multitudes of followers free realizing (finally?) that this is a political street fight. Perhaps the stars have fallen from the 'norms and traditions' crowd now that their sacred cows been gored.

Stripping out the industrial interior and selling the factories for parts and unions down river?- fine, we got this shiny new creative economy...

Banks commit fraud on a massive scale? Well that's not good but we better give em money and make em whole again.

We lost the Supreme Court cuz the other guys don't play by the rules?....

At least Ma Republican understands politics.
Centrists Dems?.....
The Juries in....

Edited by chunkstyle (10/06/18 12:21 AM)

#308829 - 10/06/18 02:54 AM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
There's a big difference between those Republican investigations and the ones Democrats will have: Most of the Republican ones were held to obscure the truth and protect the criminals. The Democratic ones will be completely transparent and every one will see all the evidence against the investigated.

So just because Democratic Representatives hold investigations (just like Republicans), that does not mean we are becoming like Republicans. Investigations are just something Congressmen do. It's part of the job description.

#308830 - 10/06/18 03:26 AM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Offline
journeyman

Or maybe not.

#308842 - 10/07/18 03:01 PM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
The corruption of the GOP has no bounds.

The whole Merrick Garland thing still pisses me off. Why didn't Obama push for Garland to be voted on? Hmm , mad

#308849 - 10/07/18 09:14 PM Re: Kavanaugh and the FBI [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
He probably should have just set a deadline: Said that the Senate has one month to "advise and consent" and if they chose not to then Garland would be seated. What could Mitch do? If Garland showed up at the Supreme Court, put on a robe, and started to hear cases with the acceptance of the other justices, that would have been a done deal. It's not like the Senate has any law enforcement officers they can send to the Supreme Court. All he could have done is sued, and that would have taken a very long time and would have to go through several layers of federal courts, only to maybe end up at the Supreme Court which had already accepted Garland as a centrist Justice. But I think the various federal judges would have seen it as the Legislative Branch attacking their Branch.

Anyway, it would have been fun to see the Supreme Court ruling on itself, in effect, sort of like Marbury v Madison.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2