by pondering_it_all
04/19/19 01:06 AM
The debate over what Julian Assange’s arrest means for freedom of the press
by Greger
04/18/19 04:29 PM
Justice is coming
by Greger
04/17/19 11:51 PM
Mom says she and 'giggling' son with special needs were asked to leave movie the
by pondering_it_all
04/17/19 03:04 AM
Trump wanted to free illegal immigrants in sanctuary cities
by pondering_it_all
04/16/19 04:57 AM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2019
by Golem
04/15/19 05:12 PM
What is Neoliberalism?
by chunkstyle
04/15/19 02:40 PM
freshman facts
by jgw
04/14/19 07:45 PM
You can help name the largest unnamed world in the solar system
by Greger
04/09/19 08:17 PM
Nancy Pelosi named recipient of Profile in Courage Award
by Golem
04/07/19 07:59 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16540 Topics
285407 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#309367 - 11/13/18 09:28 AM Our Embarrasment of a White House
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I've been so incoherently POed at Trump and his embarrassing misbehavior over the week and, especially, this weekend. And it has been reflected by his minions and wannabes - I'm talking about you Rick Scott. This year's veteran's day marks the 100th Anniversary of the armistice that ended "The Great War." A momentous and sacred remembrance. Of course he f*ed it up. This following his Wednesday press conference where he displayed his rampant racism, sexism, and overall boorishness. He has no respect for the office, the country, or anyone. He tried to set a record for outlandish lies, and Sarah Sanders tried to outdo him. What any absolute crock.

#309436 - 11/18/18 06:49 PM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
And now he's even bashing Navy SEALS.

Trump to Chris Wallace:
"It would have been nice if we'd gotten Osama bin Laden a lot sooner."
TWITTER

RAW STORY

#309471 - 11/19/18 11:50 PM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Shared from the original on a popular forum, worth reading:

"Trump continues to push the false news that no one has done more for the US military in recent times than Donald Trump. Many veterans I know shake their heads in disbelief. After the political deployment of troops at the US border, after the monumental (no pun intended) presidential f*ck up in Paris and the following f*ck up for not making a visit to Arlington National Cemetery because of rain again Trump's flack team decided that a quick visit to the Marine barracks 20 minutes from the White House would make it all better.

Nothing like a surprise ass covering visit from a public official to improve morale among the troops. Yeah, use them again for a photo op to cover rolling f*ck ups the President caused only a week before.

And now we hear that the reason President Bone Spurs has never visited troops deployed in a combat zone is not because he is scared sh!tless, not because it might be raining but because he doesn't support the missions where the troops are deployed!

Here's what President Bone Spurs doesn't know. It is very likely that a majority of troops deployed don't support the mission either. But those people show up. They do it when they hate it. They do it when they are scared. They do it when they are dog tired. They do it when they don't feel well. They do it when it is raining. They do and then they rotate home and they do it again when redeployed.

They do it out of duty and honor, self-respect and out of respect for each other. None of those things - none - are understood or exhibited by their Commander-in-chief."

Side note: The author is a former member of CHB. smile
See if you can guess who it is.

#309472 - 11/20/18 12:06 AM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas

Noomie?

#309474 - 11/20/18 12:50 AM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: logtroll]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: logtroll

Noomie?

Hardly! ROTFMOL
When would Numan be penning a missive that is supportive of our military?

#309475 - 11/20/18 01:22 AM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: logtroll

Noomie?

Hardly! ROTFMOL
When would Numan be penning a missive that is supportive of our military?

Well, I had hoped for an interesting reaction... :ohsnap:

#310163 - 01/03/19 07:57 AM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: logtroll]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

There is a pattern developing with Trump's cabinet (and aides) that reminds me of the wives of Henry VIII: instead of "Divorced, beheaded, died", it's, "indicted, fired, resigned".

#310265 - 01/09/19 02:49 AM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#310268 - 01/09/19 05:33 AM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
There is a pattern developing with Trump's cabinet (and aides) that reminds me of the wives of Henry VIII: instead of "Divorced, beheaded, died", it's, "indicted, fired, resigned".

In any case, there's 408 of 'em, that has to be some kinda record.

Trump Gov Tracking

#310269 - 01/09/19 05:35 AM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Here's something...they rolled over and gave HIM airtime without hesitation but they refused Obama.

Liberal media my rosy red ass.

#310270 - 01/09/19 01:20 PM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: NW Ponderer]
chunkstyle Offline

Trump is giving his base a tangible goal and fighting for it. It's stupid and dumb but he seems to have at least a fundemental understanding of politics. Can Democrats say the same?

#310275 - 01/09/19 06:06 PM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Two items which portend authoritarian takeover of governments ...
1. Mr Trump believes the threshold for declaration of national emergency is if Congress does not comply with his wishes
2. Mr Trump has the absolute right to declare a national emergency

This is the most insidious disease for democracy to occupy the WH since ratification of the Constitution.

#310282 - 01/10/19 07:24 AM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: chunkstyle]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: chunkstyle
Trump is giving his base a tangible goal and fighting for it. It's stupid and dumb but he seems to have at least a fundemental understanding of politics. Can Democrats say the same?
I'm sorry, my friend, but I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of Trump's motivation. He wasn't trying to give his base a tangible goal, he was cowering before Ann Coulter and Hannity. He has no goal or anything he fights for, except what is expedient in the moment. He got backed into this idiotic shutdown and doesn't have a clue how to get out of it. His support is dwindling, and he doesn't understand what to do, so he goes to what he knows: bluster and bullshit. Besides, no one is talking about Mueller this week... It's all about him again, just the way he likes it. What he doesn't understand is that the shutdown may actually result in his ouster. Those Republican Senators peeling off from him are the same ones that might just impeach him, when the fan gets messy.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#310284 - 01/10/19 03:10 PM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
It's all about him

Fundamentals of narcissism must be understood to properly analyze anything Mr Trump does. One must view everything he does through the lens of his delusional world, in which he is the greatest (he knows more than anyone alive). However, don't be confused and overthink his actions.

His actions while dictated by his view of himself are not exclusive nor inclusive of any singular political ideal. Examples would be appointing ultra conservative people to courts, rescinding regulations which impact fundamentalist Christians, signing conservative agenda bills, etc. On the other hand he endorses political ideals which run counter to conservative orthodoxy, like trade.

KISS ... if one tries to comprehend his actions as a reflection of a cohesive cogent agenda, one ends up scratching their heads in confusion. However, viewed through the lens of his own self interest, the smoke clears up and reveals what lies at the heart of his agenda, actions dictated by his delusional world.

Quote:
Those Republican Senators peeling off from him are the same ones that might just impeach him

And here is where I will disagree.

While it is true these Senators will be the ones, who, if impeachment ever makes it to the floor of the Senate, would be the jurors, I think we are talking about two disparate concepts. There may be enough Republican Senators to support a rational ending to the shutdown, and in fact may be enough to overcome a veto (it would actually do no good if there were not enough Republicans to do that). however, I do not believe that translates into votes for impeachment conviction. All I think it means is there is a difference in politics, not necessarily in support of agendas.

#310313 - 01/11/19 07:00 PM Re: Our Embarrasment of a White House [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Trump is committing yet another fraud: The White House is soliciting (via email) donations to "Secure the Border Wall Fund" but the donating info leads directly into the Trump campaign’s joint fundraising committee with the Republican National Committee. It does not fund the wall at all! Every email they sent constitutes another count of wire fraud.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2