by pdx rick
10/17/19 01:12 PM
Why do humans fight so much?
by Greger
10/15/19 02:13 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
10/13/19 08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16715 Topics
290965 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#311604 - 03/17/19 07:42 AM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Rightwingers exude toxic masculinity. Hmm
Toxic, yes. Masculine? I'm not so sure.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#311606 - 03/17/19 05:08 PM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
"Weakling coward again attempts to beat up dead man in coffin. Dead man repels attack."
(Victoria Kelly - Malibu CA)
LOL ROTFMOL LOL

Trump goes after McCain over dossier for second straight day

Quote:
President Trump on Sunday criticized late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) for a second consecutive day amid reports that one of McCain's associates had shared a dossier of allegations about Trump's ties to Russia with the media.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#311614 - 03/17/19 08:59 PM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Greger
I'm still favoring Beto.

Beto is having a really bad week - courtesy of the Rightwing pile-on'ers. Where's Booker, nary anything about him these days. I do think I read that Booker just became engaged. Not sure if that is right, though. I might be misremembering. Hmm

#311618 - 03/17/19 09:48 PM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ujest Shurly Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Cory got himself a Hottie

Vote 2020

Life is like a PB&J sandwich. The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#311619 - 03/17/19 10:38 PM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Poor Cory Booker...I had high hopes for him. I think he just got a girlfriend because it's unseemly for a single guy to run. We may see his candle burn a little brighter at some point but he's gonna hafta get out there and make headlines somehow.

#311622 - 03/18/19 03:10 AM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Poor Cory Booker...I had high hopes for him. I think he just got a girlfriend because it's unseemly for a single guy to run. We may see his candle burn a little brighter at some point but he's gonna hafta get out there and make headlines somehow.

Agreed needs more headlines. My first thought about the new, other-half: beard

Hmm

#311623 - 03/18/19 03:37 PM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: pdx rick]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
beard

Yeah, that was my first thought too. If he'd just go ahead and come out it would generate the headlines he needs.

On the other hand he might just be getting laid so much he never felt the urge to buy the cow. Prominent charismatic black man in a majority black town aint gonna spend a lotta time whackin' off for lack of willing partners...

#311629 - 03/19/19 03:57 AM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Quote:
beard

Yeah, that was my first thought too. If he'd just go ahead and come out it would generate the headlines he needs.

On the other hand he might just be getting laid so much he never felt the urge to buy the cow. Prominent charismatic black man in a majority black town aint gonna spend a lotta time whackin' off for lack of willing partners...

"If" Corey is on the downlow - it's very hard for black Americans to come out because being gay is not accepted in the black culture. Hmm

#311630 - 03/19/19 04:57 AM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

"If" Corey is on the downlow - it's very hard for black Americans to come out because being gay is not accepted in the black culture. Hmm

The Hell it ain't!! It's not accepted in the black CHURCH culture, or in conservative black culture, but elsewhere? OMG yeah it is.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#311636 - 03/19/19 06:23 PM Re: In like a lion... March Roundtable 2019 [Re: NW Ponderer]
jgw Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
the problem for Democrats are the Democratic Purists. I read where one of them attacked Beto for something he said when he was 15! They don't seem to be able to help themselves and, apparently, are insisting that any and all Democratic candidates conform to their ideas of Democratic purity or be kicked to the sidelines. What I find even more interesting is that they are actually getting away with it!

This, I think, is not a good thing and them even kinda in charge should call out this kind of silly. I helps nothing, just encourages screwing it all up. We are dealing with one stark fact - its "us against them". The Republicans understand this one and, apparently, walk in lockstep and speak up at every opportunity. The Left/Democrats, of course, are above all of that. I recently heard, for instance, that Dems refuse to speak on Fox News even though they have been invited. The Republicans have no such going on and speak their poison anyplace they can. This kind of behavior is simply crazy. If you have a message, and get to tell it to the unbelievers, one would think they would be standing in line. The fact seems to be they are not even vaguely interested. Seems to me this means too much heat to bear so they just stay out of the 'kitchen'. (this is one I heard on Bill Mayher)

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2