6282 Members
59 Forums
16720 Topics
291141 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#312418 - 06/01/19 03:35 PM Re: congress and the administration [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Another shoe drops.

No shoes have actually dropped yet....perhaps an occasional fuzzy slipper has fallen into The Presidents path but he just nudges it aside and carries on...

It's like all those nails in that Republican coffin.

Bank records....money in money out...all carefully laundered by the best accountants in the business. Trump Organization may be fined some impressive sums but you aren't going to see much in the way of impeachable high crimes and misdemeanors.

Everybody's eggs was in Mueller's basket and it turned out to be full of marshmallows. Now everybody's hoping House investigations will turn up evidence of impeachable activity.

Donald Trump, while certainly not "innocent", by any stretch of the imagination, is guilty of no crimes.

And he knows it.

Just like you and I know that we are guilty of no crimes.

Democrats are tilting at windmills in their search for impeachable offenses. They have already pretty much destroyed their chances to win in 2020 over it.

There are a million words that could be used to describe our president. One stands out...

He's an assh*le. But that's not an impeachable offense.

#312424 - 06/02/19 11:40 AM Re: congress and the administration [Re: jgw]
chunkstyle Online   content

Not all democrats are invested in this impeachment boondoggle.
Many are out organizing and makingthe case for progressive and leftists proposals.
You know, addressing peoples material concerns with proposals that have broad popular support.
It's revealing, for me anyhow, to see whats more important to some. Impeachment or real street level politics.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Centrists want a legal solution to a political problem.

#312431 - 06/03/19 03:28 AM Re: congress and the administration [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
Donald Trump, while certainly not "innocent", by any stretch of the imagination, is guilty of no crimes.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The Mueller Report list 10 crimes he can be impeached for, or indicted after he leaves office. House investigations are going to turn up evidence for money laundering, tax fraud, and bank fraud. Trump is sure he's committed no crimes, but we don't have to share that delusion.

All the Mueller Report can do is act as evidence in an impeachment trial. If the Senate is too corrupt to convict in the face of damning evidence, then all this evidence has to wait until Trump leaves office. But very bad stuff is heading Trump's way.

#312435 - 06/03/19 05:49 PM Re: congress and the administration [Re: pondering_it_all]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

I see no damning evidence. The president is neither accused nor guilty of any crimes that we know of. There are hints and allegations but the Mueller report is a wash. As Republicans have said...the case is closed.

Will House investigations turn up anything that Mueller didn't? I doubt it.

Mostly we have newspaper reports of possible wrongdoing.

You keep telling me that Trump's in for trouble. But I keep not seeing it. I see a pretty good chance he gets re-elected for a second term.

We have entered the Twilight Zone. Bizzaro World. The Upside Down.

Where a 21st Century Robin Hood steals from the poor and gives to the rich.

AND BECOMES A FOLK HERO FOR IT!!!!

His crimes are forgiven by the very people who should be holding him to account.

Your way would be easy, a few trials a few convictions and this nightmare is over...all wrapped up and put behind us. Wishful thinking.

This is going to end in a trainwreck. I've said it all along. What I failed to see earlier is that we are passengers on one of the trains.

#312437 - 06/03/19 10:50 PM Re: congress and the administration [Re: pondering_it_all]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Will anyone care once he has left office???

He can probably hire real attorney's which could keep him out of court until after he dies.

America is truly a great land. One can be immoral, corrupt, a bigot, a brutish slug and still be elected to the WH. Seems I recollect something similar happening in Rome a while back.

#312438 - 06/03/19 11:25 PM Re: congress and the administration [Re: rporter314]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

In the past it has been considered bad form to prosecute a president after he leaves office...

#312442 - 06/04/19 07:37 AM Re: congress and the administration [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

A lot of stuff was "gentleman's agreement". Trump and Turtle-Man have blown that away. I kind of doubt the Democrats will amend the Senate rules back to 60% for everything when they take the Senate next. I think the gloves are off. If the Republicans refuse to convict him, prosecutors will when he leaves office. The rule of law kind of depends on that. Otherwise it's the Wild West. People will cheat on their taxes, lie on mortgage application, never pay contractors, etc. Everyone's going to justify all sorts of criminal behavior.

But we are not doing that, are we? Just look at all the sexual harassment cases and people being fired from important jobs. Look at the college admissions scandal! That shite has been going on since forever, and now rich and famous people are getting indicted.

#312450 - 06/04/19 10:13 PM Re: congress and the administration [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Greger
In the past it has been considered bad form to prosecute a president after he leaves office...

In the past we didn't elect mobbed up grifters with a massive debt to Russian oligarchs. If we do not prosecute, it will be a signal to people who are even worse than Trump that America is open for mob business, and it will be a signal to Russia that we have no defenses left functioning.

I don't think it boils down to whether or not America cares, I think it boils down to whether or not the SDNY feels like letting him get away with everything scot free, and I don't think they feel that way.

In the meantime, the dumbest thing we could do is give McConnell another Senate majority to toy with, and lose the House.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#312456 - 06/05/19 04:40 AM Re: congress and the administration [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Actually, if some folks run in 2020 I think the "milkshaking" trend may turn to something a little harder. Like lead. This is America, after all. At some point a few folks are going to go all "Don't Tread On Me" and start shooting. We do have 20 bazillion guns out there.

More guns wielded by good guys could be a solution, according to the NRA. There are bound to be a few who agree.

#312461 - 06/05/19 09:49 PM Re: congress and the administration [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
I think it boils down to whether or not the SDNY feels like letting him get away with everything scot free, and I don't think they feel that way.

What is he charged with?

Donald Trump is not a criminal. He's not a crime boss. He's a realtor who inherited tons of New York City real estate. Essentially a slumlord. There have likely been some shady dealings and his business acumen is well known but he is NOT a criminal and likely isn't guilty of any crimes worth wasting an election over.

But you guys are laser focused on nothing but getting the goods on Trump.
Aint no goods is what I say.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
2 registered (chunkstyle, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2