Current Topics
The Impeachment of Donald trump
by logtroll
0 seconds ago
POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached?
by Greger
51 minutes 56 seconds ago
Revenge of the Human Scum
by Greger
Today at 12:33 AM
RoundTable for Fall 2019
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
What do words mean?
by Greger
Yesterday at 05:13 PM
The Trump/Biden/Ukraine thing
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 03:43 AM
Apparently Trump wants to buy the UK National Health Service
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 01:33 AM
Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank
by jgw
11/14/19 09:23 PM
Yet another Trump scam
by pdx rick
11/09/19 06:46 PM
Why don't the Dems fight back?
by jgw
11/08/19 09:54 PM
Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:03 AM
Ohio GOP charged with distributing phony sample ballots in election fraud
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:00 AM
And we're off and running!
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 04:58 AM
US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years
by jgw
11/05/19 08:22 PM
Republicans are publicly spreading the name of purported Ukraine whistle-blower
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:48 AM
Often more accurate than polls
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:29 AM
Public option vs Medicare for All
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:27 AM
Why are the Democrats waiting?
by jgw
11/04/19 10:16 PM
MSNBC’s Touré: Romney Engaging In The ‘N.....izati
by logtroll
11/01/19 08:44 AM
Trump Doings
by jgw
10/30/19 08:11 PM
Forum Stats
6283 Members
59 Forums
16734 Topics
291942 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#314457 - 08/29/19 03:01 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
One may disagree on the interpretation of the facts, but one can never dispute the facts.

#314458 - 08/29/19 03:01 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
I am leaving. This is my last comment. The reason I have decided to leave is the hatred for Pres. Trump. While I am not a big fan of Trump I do not hate him. I don't hate anybody, especially someone I've never met. I don't need the negativity of the hatred for Trump that permeates the CHBRR in my life. Nor do I need or want to argue with a group of people who live in an impenetrable ideological cocoon. People who refuse to even consider that they might be wrong.
Where does this come from, my friend? I have hardly mentioned that personage at all. I have seen incredibly few references to him in most of the posts. Can you provide examples? Seriously, I'd like to know.

#314460 - 08/29/19 04:01 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
LOL Yeah we kind of avoid talking about him here other than a few offhand comments.

But this time, I'll say goodbye, Senator. You're so tied up in your ideology that you literally can't see what's going on around you. I don't care if it's the right or the left that fixes the existential problems that are plaguing our nation and the world. I was hoping to find out what the plans for the future were on the right.

There appear to be none. Only some odd fascination with old newspapers and the political propaganda of the 18th century. Your strange opinions about who we are and what we think are false on almost every front. Yet at the same time you seem to enforce everything I believe to be true about Republicans. And it isn't good Senator, It isn't good.

Trump will be gone soon, he's little more than a blip on my radar. But he's one to be shot down. He and you, Senator, are the enemies of America. You represent a shameful past you bloviate into glory.

We are the future. We see the past clearly, live in today...and plan for the future.

Goodbye Senator.

#314465 - 08/29/19 07:57 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I am leaving. This is my last comment. The reason I have decided to leave is the hatred for Pres. Trump. While I am not a big fan of Trump I do not hate him. I don't hate anybody, especially someone I've never met. I don't need the negativity of the hatred for Trump that permeates the CHBRR in my life. Nor do I need or want to argue with a group of people who live in an impenetrable ideological cocoon. People who refuse to even consider that they might be wrong.
Where does this come from, my friend? I have hardly mentioned that personage at all. I have seen incredibly few references to him in most of the posts. Can you provide examples? Seriously, I'd like to know.

It's me. I'm the guilty one. gobsmacked , Hmm

My bad. cry

(But, I'm not wrong about Trump. laugh )

#314469 - 08/30/19 05:32 AM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I don't hate Trump. I feel sorry for him, because there's obviously some combination of mental and organic brain disease at work there. That 10,000 documented lies thingie is pretty disturbing.

I hate some of the things he has done, like trusting Putin over our own intelligence services, revealing secrets to Putin, kissing up to Kim, starting a trade war, reversing EPA rules on methane, and exiting TPP and the Iran nuclear deal. He seems to have done those last three just because Obama signed on to them. It's as if he assumes Obama was bad, therefore everything Obama did must be undone with zero thought to the consequences.

We used to have some continuity with such treaties and agreements, so people around the world could trust we would have the same policy from one President to the next. Now Trump has destroyed that trust.

The ironic thing is that until Trump, Republicans would NEVER have trusted Putin or Kim, NEVER have delivered secrets to Putin, NEVER have obstructed free trade, etc.

#314473 - 08/30/19 12:24 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: pondering_it_all]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
...That 10,000 documented lies thingie is pretty disturbing.

It's over 12,000+ . Trump lies as he breathes. He knows what he's doing. The guy is a total sociopath. Hmm

I hate some of the things he has done, like trusting Putin over our own intelligence services, revealing secrets to Putin...

Russian asset or useful idiot? "Russian asset" suggests the ability to think and reason and weigh consequences - that's not Trump. Trump as a useful idiot is more like it. smile

...He seems to have done those last three just because Obama signed on to them.

The absolutely obvious jealousy that Trump has for Obama is hilarious. Even Melanie smiles when she sits next to BAMZ!!! during state funerals. laugh

All Donald J "Bed Bugs" Trump gets from Melanie is a scowl. gobsmacked

Trump has been a national embarrassment since day one. Things have never gotten better. Hmm

#314475 - 08/30/19 08:46 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Russian asset or useful idiot? "Russian asset" suggests the ability to think and reason and weigh consequences - that's not Trump. Trump as a useful idiot is more like it. smile

Havard Law Professor Lawrence Tribe Tweets that Trump is both. I stand corrected. smile

(I still think that I'm right though, that Trump is too incompetent and not smart enough to be a Russian Asset. Hmm )

#314547 - 09/01/19 03:28 AM Re: Good bye? [Re: pdx rick]
Senator Hatrack Offline

I hate some of the things he has done, like trusting Putin over our own intelligence services, revealing secrets to Putin...

Trump is useful idiot for the Russians? Is that why he has imposed more sanctions on Russia while he has been our President than Pres. Obama did during his entire administration? Then considering that the allegation of Trump's collusion with Russia was proven to be false by the Mueller Report the claim that he trusted Putin more than he did our own intelligence services is a lie!
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/...-obama-in-eight

#314553 - 09/01/19 04:56 AM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California

You confusing people who are pointing out your flawed logic with an ad hominem attack proves you don't even know what an argumentum ad hominem is.
Maybe you feel you have the right to spew uninformed opinions and easily debunked references without having them scrutinized, but on a political forum they're fair game.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#314556 - 09/01/19 05:07 AM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
why he has imposed more sanctions on Russia while he has been our President than Pres. Obama did during his entire administration?

"Under sustained pressure from Congress, President Donald Trump has imposed long-overdue, legally mandated sanctions on Russia for its poisoning of an ex-spy in the United Kingdom. " from CNN

Now could you please list all the sanctions Mr Trump initiated? Your list would be very short as it has been Congress putting pressure on Mr Trump to impose sanctions. Just because he had to sign the EO's and laws does not mean he actually wanted to impose them. In fact look at the number of times Mr Trump has wanted to stop sanctions ... even before he became the current occupant of the WH.

Quote:
Then considering that the allegation of Trump's collusion with Russia was proven to be false by the Mueller Report the claim that he trusted Putin more than he did our own intelligence services is a lie!
Why would you use a source which always misrepresents the facts?

Regarding the question of the numerous Russian connections to the Trump campaign and its personnel Mueller said “We did not address ‘collusion,’ which is not a legal term. Rather, we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.”

In his own words Mr Trump said, "I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today" or he trusted Putin over his own intel agencies.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Karen Haas, Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista
6283 Registered Users
A2