by pdx rick
10/17/19 01:12 PM
Why do humans fight so much?
by Greger
10/15/19 02:13 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
10/13/19 08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16715 Topics
290975 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#314756 - 09/03/19 09:57 PM NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
North Carolina Court Says The State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders

Quote:
North Carolina’s state legislative maps are so severely gerrymandered to benefit Republicans that they violate the state’s Constitution, a panel of three judges ruled Tuesday.

---Goodbye North Carolina Republicans!
You screwed the pooch.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#314758 - 09/03/19 10:19 PM Re: NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Good! smile

Hey Senator...Here's a good example of how ReTHUGlicons cheat. laugh

#314765 - 09/04/19 12:01 AM Re: NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Loc: MN
Gerrymandering is a bipartisan crime. However, it seems that pdx rick and Jeffery can only see the crime when it is committed by Republicans. That either party does it is reprehensible but it also a long standing practice in American politics. A practice started by Eldridge Gerry, hence the word Gerrymandering, before our Constitution was written.
https://redmaryland.com/2019/06/the-courts-will-not-save-the-democrats-on-gerrymandering/

#314767 - 09/04/19 12:46 AM Re: NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
Gerrymandering is a bipartisan crime. However, it seems that pdx rick and Jeffery can only see the crime when it is committed by Republicans. That either party does it is reprehensible but it also a long standing practice in American politics. A practice started by Eldridge Gerry, hence the word Gerrymandering, before our Constitution was written.
https://redmaryland.com/2019/06/the-courts-will-not-save-the-democrats-on-gerrymandering/

Well, now it's on you to prove that I "only see the crime when it is committed by Republicans."
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#314769 - 09/04/19 12:52 AM Re: NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Analysis: Partisan gerrymandering has benefited Republicans more than Democrats
Business Insider

Quote:
The analysis found four times as many states with Republican-skewed state House or Assembly districts than Democratic ones. Among the two dozen most populated states that determine the vast majority of Congress, there were nearly three times as many with Republican-tilted U.S. House districts.

(Of course a Conservative would suss down a 4:1 state and 3:1 federal cheating advantage to "both sides do it." coffee )

Your turn. smile

#314772 - 09/04/19 01:13 AM Re: NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Senator Hatrack Offline

However, it seems that pdx rick and Jeffery can only see the crime when it is committed by Republicans.

By ignoring the word seems you change what I said Jeffery. Since you ignored that word and changed what I said there is no need for me to prove anything.

#314773 - 09/04/19 01:18 AM Re: NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders [Re: pdx rick]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Analysis: Partisan gerrymandering has benefited Republicans more than Democrats
Business Insider

Quote:
The analysis found four times as many states with Republican-skewed state House or Assembly districts than Democratic ones. Among the two dozen most populated states that determine the vast majority of Congress, there were nearly three times as many with Republican-tilted U.S. House districts.

(Of course a Conservative would suss down a 4:1 state and 3:1 federal cheating advantage to "both sides do it." coffee )

Your turn. smile

Like Jeffery you seem to read only what you want to pdx rick. You ignored this statement of mine. "That either party does it is reprehensible but it also a long standing practice in American politics." Do I want to see the disgusting practice of gerrymandering stopped? Yes! Will it be stopped? Only when politicians stop lying.

#314774 - 09/04/19 01:19 AM Re: NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

However, it seems that pdx rick and Jeffery can only see the crime when it is committed by Republicans.

By ignoring the word seems you change what I said Jeffery. Since you ignored that word and changed what I said there is no need for me to prove anything.

Please back up your argument, or admit that it's just your personal opinion.

#314777 - 09/04/19 01:24 AM Re: NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Oh...I fully read your sentence and I countered with: Really? All you can say is that both sides doing it is reprehensible?

That's the thing with Conservatives...when you guys get caught with your hand in the cookie jar - you trot out the "both sides does it" trope. It happens all of the time. I cite Meghan McCain on The View - she's a perfect example.

"That either party does it is reprehensible but it also a long standing practice in American politics.".

The fact that Republicans have done it on the state level 4 times as much and on the federal level three times as much doesn't make you think that maybe there is to be something to be embarrassed about being a Republican and you would denounce it without bringing in The Dems?

Just asking. smile

#314778 - 09/04/19 01:27 AM Re: NC Court: State’s Districts Are Illegal Partisan Gerrymanders [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

The way I view it, yes Dems gerrymandering.

...but what came first? The chicken Republican gerrymandering because they're so good about it? Or, the egg Democrat gerrymandering because there is so far and few between examples?

smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2