by pdx rick
10/17/19 01:12 PM
Why do humans fight so much?
by Greger
10/15/19 02:13 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
10/13/19 08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16715 Topics
291000 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#314759 - 09/03/19 10:22 PM Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Quote:
He was gay when he received counseling from a therapist who assured him he could overcome his same-sex attractions.

He was gay when he married a woman and founded what would become one of the nationís most expansive conversion therapy ministries.

He was gay when thousands of people just like him sought his organizationís counsel, all with the goal of erasing the part of themselves Game and his associates preached would send them to hell.

For two decades, he led Hope for Wholeness, a faith-based conversion therapy program in South Carolinaís Upstate. Conversion therapy is a discredited practice intended to suppress or eradicate a personís LGBTQ identity through counseling or ministry.

But the groupís board of directors abruptly fired Game in November 2017.

In June, Game publicly announced he was gay and severed his ties with the organization.

Post and Courier - South Carolina

The Lady doth protest too much. smile

Every single time some guy protests gays, gayness, gay sex - he's a closet case.

Hmm

#314760 - 09/03/19 10:47 PM Re: Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

It always ends the same way: being gay wasn't the illness, being a nut job Conservative was. smile

#314761 - 09/03/19 11:05 PM Re: Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I just read this! I'm shocked, shocked, that being gay was going on...

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#314762 - 09/03/19 11:15 PM Re: Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I just read this! I'm shocked, shocked, that being gay was going on...

I'm sick-to-death of closeted Conservatives wrecking normal healthy gay people's lives because said Conservatives can't handle being gay themselves. mad

Ted Haggard anyone? Hmm

#314770 - 09/04/19 01:07 AM Re: Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped [Re: pdx rick]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Loc: MN
The people who try to "convert" gays to being straight are not conservatives. They are Bible thumping charlatans. They are people who believe in a collection of myths that were written thousands of years ago. While those people might work for and support conservative politicians and causes they are not conservatives, classical liberals, because they do not believe in the First Amendment. A person's sexual orientation is their business!

#314771 - 09/04/19 01:11 AM Re: Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
The people who try to "convert" gays to being straight are not conservatives. They are Bible thumping charlatans. They are people who believe in a collection of myths that were written thousands of years ago. While those people might work for and support conservative politicians and causes they are not conservatives, classical liberals, because they do not believe in the First Amendment. A person's sexual orientation is their business!

They ID as such, they vote as such and they rant and rave AGAINST liberals, so despite your NO TRUE SCOTSMAN attempts, yep...they're conservatives.

And after putting up with weeks and weeks of your constant red-baiting, perhaps now you might understand how it feels.
But the difference is, NOBODY I know on the Left, here on the Rant or in real life, walks around mumbling about the glory of Karl Marx.

The difference is, these gay conversion folks, ALL THEY EVER DO is talk about being conservative.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#314775 - 09/04/19 01:19 AM Re: Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
They ID as such, they vote as such and they rant and rave AGAINST liberals, so despite your NO TRUE SCOTSMAN attempts, yep...they're conservatives.

And after putting up with weeks and weeks of your constant red-baiting, perhaps now you might understand how it feels.
But the difference is, NOBODY I know on the Left, here on the Rant or in real life, walks around mumbling about the glory of Karl Marx.

The difference is, these gay conversion folks, ALL THEY EVER DO is talk about being conservative.

Wow. I appreciate the support Jeffery. I've never seen one of your posts be so direct and pointedly laser-focused while cutting like a knife.

Thank you. smile

#314776 - 09/04/19 01:23 AM Re: Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Wow. I appreciate the support Jeffery. I've never seen one of your posts be so direct and pointedly laser-focused while cutting like a knife.

Thank you. smile

Oh come on, Rick.
For forty years I was a DP and a film editor.
You probably realize that almost a third of that entire industry is gay. Just because I am not oriented that way doesn't mean I am not a supporter.
Listen to the Leon Russell/Marc Benno song "Straight Brother".

I've always been one of the straight brothers smile

PS: Didn't someone do an amusing song about Uncle Ted called "Meth and Man-Ass?"
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#314779 - 09/04/19 01:29 AM Re: Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

PS: Didn't someone do an amusing song about Uncle Ted called "Meth and Man-Ass?"

Not sure. Mebbe. Ted was so 2005, 06, 07 anyway. Hmm

#314780 - 09/04/19 01:31 AM Re: Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack

No, they are not. Again you ignored what I wrote. You ignored that true conservatives are classical liberals, people who put the First Amendment before their religion.

The only person who felt he was being "red baited" was you Jeffery. That you felt I was "red baiting" you with my comments is your problem not mine.

There are two reasons people on they left, on the Rant, or in real life don't walk around mumbling about Karl Marx.
1) They don't know who Marx was.
2) They don't know what he wrote.
You can't mumble about something you don't know about.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2