by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:27 AM
Why are the Democrats waiting?
by jgw
11/04/19 10:16 PM
MSNBC’s Touré: Romney Engaging In The ‘N.....izati
by logtroll
11/01/19 08:44 AM
POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached?
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/31/19 06:25 PM
Trump Doings
by jgw
10/30/19 08:11 PM
ISIS Leader Killed in U.S. Special Operations Raid in Northern Syria
by pdx rick
10/29/19 04:40 AM
Forum Stats
6283 Members
59 Forums
16734 Topics
291915 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#314583 - 09/01/19 06:08 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
Trump is useful idiot for the Russians?

Well...if you have to ask. Yes. smile

Is that why he has imposed more sanctions on Russia while he has been our President than Pres. Obama did during his entire administration?

The whole reason why Putin wanted Trump is to lessen the tough economic sanctions that BAMZ!!! placed onto Russia.

Congress passed tough sanctions on Russia during Trump's term, but Trump begrudgingly signed those bills MONTHS after they were passed. What...the...hell...are...you...talking about, sir? mad

#314613 - 09/01/19 08:15 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: pdx rick]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Is that why he has imposed more sanctions on Russia while he has been our President than Pres. Obama did during his entire administration?

The whole reason why Putin wanted Trump is to lessen the tough economic sanctions that BAMZ!!! placed onto Russia.

Congress passed tough sanctions on Russia during Trump's term, but Trump begrudgingly signed those bills MONTHS after they were passed. What...the...hell...are...you...talking about, sir? mad

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/03/05/dont-rehabilitate-obama-on-russia/
https://thehill.com/policy/international...cal-weapons-use
One very liberal source, The Brookings Institute, and a fairly balanced one, The Hill, says you are wrong. Pres. Trump has been tougher on Russia than Pres. Obama was. It might help pdx rick if you could get past your apparent automatic reaction of thinking Pres, Trump is always wrong.

#314619 - 09/01/19 08:25 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Pres. Trump has been tougher on Russia than Pres. Obama was.

...after MONTHS of letting the Congressional passed legislation languish on his desk - Trump finally signed the bills. smile

It might help pdx rick if you could get past your apparent automatic reaction of thinking Pres, Trump is always wrong.

I'm still waiting for Trump to be right one time. coffee

#314641 - 09/01/19 10:17 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: pdx rick]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Trump imposes new sanctions on Russia over chemical weapons use.
That is the title of article from The Hill. It does not say Trump let Congressional legislation languish on his desk. If Trump did let any legislation languish on his desk after ten days, not months, it is vetoed.

#314642 - 09/01/19 10:36 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Trump imposes new sanctions on Russia over chemical weapons use.
That is the title of article from The Hill. It does not say Trump let Congressional legislation languish on his desk. If Trump did let any legislation languish on his desk after ten days, not months, it is vetoed.

Oops! Another hole in that right-wing narrative. smile

Quote:
Under sustained pressure from Congress, President Donald Trump has imposed long-overdue, legally mandated sanctions on Russia for its poisoning of an ex-spy in the United Kingdom.

Russian agents were accused of using a banned nerve agent to carry out a failed March 2018 attack on British soil against former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia. The Kremlin has denied the allegations. The attack left the Skripals in a coma and killed another woman.

Trump signed the executive order on sanctions Thursday, more than six months after they were due and a day after a call with President Vladimir Putin.

#314659 - 09/01/19 11:51 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/03/05/dont-rehabilitate-obama-on-russia/
https://thehill.com/policy/international...cal-weapons-use
One very liberal source, The Brookings Institute, and a fairly balanced one, The Hill, says you are wrong. Pres. Trump has been tougher on Russia than Pres. Obama was. It might help pdx rick if you could get past your apparent automatic reaction of thinking Pres, Trump is always wrong.
Hoo boy.... <moving lectern out of the way, and hobbling high horse.>

Let me begin by quoting your cited Hill story:
Quote:
President Trump signed an executive order on Thursday imposing a second round of long-awaited sanctions on Russia over the Kremlin's involvement in the poisoning of a former Russian spy and his daughter living in Britain.
When did that attack occur? 4 March 2018 (a year and a half ago).
Quote:
Bipartisan lawmakers have criticized the Trump administration’s delay in taking what they say is legally mandated action to follow up on last year's sanctions....
The announcement comes after the House Foreign Affairs Committee's top Democrat and Republican sent a joint letter to Trump earlier this week threatening new congressional action to force action on the sanctions.
A little context seemed in order. As it turns out, it does say it languished on the President's desk.

Secondly, the Brookings article was a reprint of a story in The American Interest - a decidedly neoconservative publication, so dressing it up as "liberal" is hardly persuasive.

#315028 - 09/07/19 06:08 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Senator Hatrack Offline

To return to the subject of this thread one of the reasons I am still contemplating my departure is that to reply to the long comments is a tedious process.

#315030 - 09/07/19 06:49 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
See, Senator...you don't need to. You grumbled about "cherry picking" a while back, quoting a single line and replying to it.

Most lengthy posts or "rants" as we call them can be synopsized into a single brief quote. Or maybe one line catches in your craw and inspires you to type out a rant of your own. But most replies need not be more than a line or two.

Rant when you feel like ranting, snark when you feel like snarking, debate when you feel like debating. We'd rather be your friends than be your enemies.

You choose how much time you spend arguing with people who will never agree with you and how much time you spend trying to find common ground with them. That's the beauty of politics....how it all turns out in the end. We're currently pursuing a goal of mutually assured destruction. Does it have to be this way?

#315031 - 09/07/19 06:50 PM Re: Good bye? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
I've heard the complaint numerous times, "Do you always have to be right?" After considerable observation and thought, I realized that I don't tend to voice opinions unless I'm pretty sure about them. And I don't get a lot of blowback that needs responding to. I certainly think a lot of crap that is wrong.

One problem with blurting out too many flawed opinions is that other people feel a need to challenge them, which can result in a whole lotta lengthy bloviations back and forth.

I'm only suggesting, mind you, that a person should check their own shorts before trying to pull down someone else's panties, if you don't want a game of grabass...

A real interesting strategy to try now and then is to ask questions instead of habitually making weak claims. Don't you agree?

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Karen Haas, Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista
6283 Registered Users
A2