by perotista
Yesterday at 12:58 AM
Why do humans fight so much?
by Greger
10/15/19 02:13 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
10/13/19 08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
NRA acted as "foreign asset" for Russia ahead of 2016 election, Senate report cl
by Greger
10/07/19 02:19 AM
Roe v. Wade Is Under Immediate Threat
by jgw
10/06/19 08:05 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16713 Topics
290868 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#315588 - 09/18/19 03:23 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
No, NW Ponderer what is really and truly pathetic is that if a source is liberal, like CREW is, it can do no wrong. But a Conservative source can do nothing right. What is even more pathetic is that because I don't agree with you, your mistaken belief that I didn't thoroughly read your post. Then the most pathetic of all is you calling me your friend. Friends respect each other. Whenever I have disagreed with your response is that of parent to a wayward child.

The rules here at the Rant prevent from telling what I think you should do. Are you so insecure that you can't handle it when someone disagrees with you? Your replies sure as hell show that you are!
Wow. Just wow. I'll keep my response short and simple. You continue to follow the expectations I previously listed: ignore the substance and attack the form. I could give you a dozen sources and it wouldn't matter a bit, because you wouldn't (and haven't) read them. That is obvious and admitted.

Instead, what you continue to do is obfuscate, denigrate, and offend to obscure the fact that you have nothing to offer. You accuse me with "that if a source is liberal, like CREW is, it can do no wrong. But a Conservative source can do nothing right." That is a LIE. You can't show it, you can't prove it, you just make accusations without substance, period. What's worse is you know it is a lie. I'm not a bit insecure in either my thoughts or my behavior.

I'm sorry if I have embarrassed you, my friend. But, I ask you to address the substance of my claims,and knock off all the ad hominem bullshit. That's it.

#315593 - 09/18/19 04:52 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
In contrast, I submit:
1) PRESIDENT TRUMP’S APPARENT CAMPAIGN FINANCE CRIMES, COVER-UP, AND CONSPIRACY (CREW);
2) The 10 instances of possible obstruction in Mueller report (apnews);
3) Emoluments violations in Blumenthal, et al. v. Trump;
4) Self-dealing corruption... so many they can't be adequately catalogued (Not just Pence: Trump, PACs or governmen...days since 2017 (WaPo, subscription);
5) Failure to follow the oath of office by not appointing cabinet-level and other officials, Trump's Empty Cabinet (Politico);
6) Making false statements under oath.

Mind you, this is just a preliminary list.

The desire to impeach Pres. Trump is partisan. To quote a number of partisan sources does not do anything but prove that the desire to impeach Trump is partisan. That is the substance of this discussion. And then even in the partisan sources there is no proof that Trump has done anything wrong.
"PRESIDENT TRUMP'S APPARENT CAMPAIGN FINANCE CRIMES, COVER UP, AND CONSPIRACY."
The word apparent means that Trump's campaign has been suspected of various crime, not that it has done anything wrong. My response to a number of partisan claims is of course going to be partisan.

The reason I am opposed to this partisan drive to impeach Trump is that some Democrats are being as stupid as some Republicans were. The Republican attempt to impeach Pres. Clinton was stupid! The desire of some Republicans to impeach Pres. Obama was stupid! Now some Democrats are imitating some Republicans by making the stupid, and partisan, demand for Pres. Trump to be impeached. For once I agree with Rep. Pelosi, she doesn't think there are grounds for bringing impeachment proceedings against Trump. Only once in our country's history has the attempt to impeach our President been done for legitimate reasons. That was when an attempt was made to impeach Pres. Nixon.

#315596 - 09/18/19 05:42 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
Quote:
The desire to impeach Pres. Trump is partisan. To quote a number of partisan sources does not do anything but prove that the desire to impeach Trump is partisan.

Of course it's partisan ya silly auld fool! That doesn't make it go away or make it less valid. Trump has whipped partisanship into a frenzy and plans to ride it into a second term. The more he can piss us off the happier his base is.

It's a house of cards that's gonna fall in 2020.

I wake up every morning with a spring in my step and a smile on my face just thinking about it.

#315598 - 09/18/19 06:11 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Greger]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:
The desire to impeach Pres. Trump is partisan. To quote a number of partisan sources does not do anything but prove that the desire to impeach Trump is partisan.

Of course it's partisan ya silly auld fool! That doesn't make it go away or make it less valid. Trump has whipped partisanship into a frenzy and plans to ride it into a second term. The more he can piss us off the happier his base is.

It's a house of cards that's gonna fall in 2020.

I wake up every morning with a spring in my step and a smile on my face just thinking about it.
Remember a lot of people were convinced that Hillary Clinton would trounce Donald J. Trump but that isn't what happened. Your belief that Trump will lose in 2020 could be just as wrong.

#315599 - 09/18/19 06:22 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Greger]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Oh, but yeah...impeachment. It's nothing but political drama. All the talk about impeachment doesn't make Trump any more or less hated. It's unlikely to sway the election towards Democrats and less likely to produce a conviction in the Senate.

If impeachment becomes a real thing and follows the course we all know it will follow, Donald John Trump will be exonerated of any wrongdoing by the US Senate just before the election. The deploreables who worship him will drag their beer and opiate fogged asses out from under whatever rock they live under and vote for His F**king Royal Mightiness to continue owning the libs.

It's okay to talk about but let's not actually do it.

Because...I might be wrong. The 2020 race might be closer than I think. There's a fairly small number of outcomes to choose from in the upcoming election. One of them is that we flip the Senate but lose to Trump via the Electoral College again.

He'd still be President but we'd have him by the short hairs. Like the Republicans had Obama. Then we'd just wait til his popularity dropped and impeach at will. It would be great political theater and probably win the 2024 race for Democrats but I see it as a waste of time. I've got an agenda and I'm getting old.

#315600 - 09/18/19 06:33 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Remember a lot of people were convinced that Hillary Clinton would trounce Donald J. Trump

In the real world a victory by 2.4 million votes would be considered a "trouncing" only in America do we call it a loss.

And we continue to lose every day he remains in office.

#315618 - 09/19/19 05:26 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
I agree with Rep. Pelosi, she doesn't think there are grounds for bringing impeachment proceedings against Trump.

She never said there were not grounds. There are plenty of grounds, according the Mueller and he's a Republican. Pelosi said there is not enough public support for impeachment, which an entirely different thing.

#315620 - 09/19/19 07:11 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The desire to impeach Pres. Trump is partisan. To quote a number of partisan sources does not do anything but prove that the desire to impeach Trump is partisan. That is the substance of this discussion...
No, that is the sum total of your argument, which is... a nullity. You have provided absolutely nothing, NOTHING, in response but partisan claptrap without substance. Yet, you persist. I'll wait patiently for something of merit, but this is just silliness.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#315626 - 09/19/19 02:41 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Senator Hatrack Offline

The desire to impeach Pres. Trump is partisan. To quote a number of partisan sources does not do anything but prove that the desire to impeach Trump is partisan. That is the substance of this discussion...
No, that is the sum total of your argument, which is... a nullity. You have provided absolutely nothing, NOTHING, in response but partisan claptrap without substance. Yet, you persist. I'll wait patiently for something of merit, but this is just silliness.
Replying to less than half of comment is BS! But then that is what I have come to expect from you NW. In the rest of my comment, which you ignored, I explained why the desire to impeach Pres. Trump is partisan. Then you obnoxiously say that you will wait until I have something to say that the great and mighty OZ thinks has merit. The only comments that you think have any "merit" are the ones that agree with you. I was going to re-post the rest of my comment but it would be a waste of time because the great and mighty OZ has already rejected what I had to say. The silliness is trying to have a discussion with the great and mighty OZ!

#315631 - 09/19/19 05:27 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Greger Online   content

Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

Whyever is partisanship so important to you? Are Democrats supposed to just sit on their hands until Republicans decide he's so awful that they have to bring up the charges themselves?

Your support for a president you despise is fairly laughable next to your claim of partisan attacks on him. YOU elected this clown. YOU brought this circus to town knowing full well it would be a disaster.

Yet you cry "Partisan! Partisan" when the other party erupts in fury?

Page 9 of 15 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 >

Who's Online
1 registered (Jeffery J. Haas), 12 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2