by perotista
Yesterday at 12:58 AM
Why do humans fight so much?
by Greger
10/15/19 02:13 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
10/13/19 08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
NRA acted as "foreign asset" for Russia ahead of 2016 election, Senate report cl
by Greger
10/07/19 02:19 AM
Roe v. Wade Is Under Immediate Threat
by jgw
10/06/19 08:05 PM
Quinnipiac Loves Liz Warren
by perotista
10/03/19 02:46 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16712 Topics
290859 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#315548 - 09/17/19 07:39 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted By: Senator Hatrack
"the harsh glare of an invigorated Washington press corps" makes it difficult to fill those positions.

In an administration like Trump's?
Not the least bit surprised, and your attempt to blame the press and, of course, the godless America hating Marxists is lame in the extreme.
The press is allergic to bullsh!t, so when the odor of bullsh!t erupts on a level approaching Krakatoa, naturally they are "invigorated".

What else does anyone THINK "invigorates" a press corps?
I did not blame the press. I quoted an article from POLITICO which is part of the press. Your obsessive belief that any time I criticize any liberals because they are "Marxists" is a sign of paranoia.

NOT ALL LIBERALS ARE MARXISTS!

#315554 - 09/17/19 08:00 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
"the harsh glare of an invigorated Washington press corps" makes it difficult to fill those positions.

In an administration like Trump's?
Not the least bit surprised, and your attempt to blame the press and, of course, the godless America hating Marxists is lame in the extreme.
The press is allergic to bullsh!t, so when the odor of bullsh!t erupts on a level approaching Krakatoa, naturally they are "invigorated".

What else does anyone THINK "invigorates" a press corps?
I did not blame the press. I quoted an article from POLITICO which is part of the press. Your obsessive belief that any time I criticize any liberals because they are "Marxists" is a sign of paranoia.

Yeah I've already heard your excuses.

Quote:
"All liberals aren't marxists, but those liberals are aiding and abetting marxists anyway, and besides, they still hate America, want government control over everything, and they'd be much happier if they all became conservatives"

The fact is, you repeated the marxist thing SO MUCH that it stuck, and now you're only trying to defend against your own earlier attention seeking behavior.
I do not blame you for this however.
I believe it stems from your lifetime on the fringes. (both left and right)
You simply do not have any realistic frame of reference for normal ordinary lefties.
You invented your 50 megaton F-bomb marxist broadsides as a defense mechanism.

Sorry but I did not make this up in my head. Your words, Senator.
In fact, you and I went back and forth on this one for about three days back channel.

"When someone tells you who they are, believe them!"
Maya Angelou said that.
I take you at your word...
You see people who don't agree with your increasingly narrow definition of conservatism and you reflexively label them as godless America hating big government marxists.

If asked, you would not be able to describe accurately how the typical normal sane liberal thinks, because you've sawed off any frame of reference to them in your campaign to build Fortress Hatrack...where, in your mind, the only true and valid kernel of conservatism lives.
You needed "the lumber", you see yourself as Keeper of the Flame and you see everyone outside your circle as fire extinguisher salesmen, so it's no wonder you got so good at yelling "GODLESS MARXISTS!".

The only reason you're denying it now is because you got called out on your constant red-baiting. Don't make me pull up all the actual transcripts of your red-baiting for everyone to see again.
The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#315555 - 09/17/19 08:07 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

I did not blame the press. I quoted an article from POLITICO which is part of the press.

Trump's cabinet is empty because almost nobody wants to work for him anymore.
Simply put - this is why:

The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#315558 - 09/17/19 08:14 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I responded to the contents of each one of them. My reply lacks substance because I didn't agree with your sources. So if you want to run away from the discussion because I don't agree with you and prove you wrong I can't stop you. You will of course deny that you wrong because your ego can't admit that you make mistakes.
No, you didn't. I cannot adequately respond to the quality of your posts or integrity without running afoul of the rules of the forum. You most assuredly DID NOT respond to the substance, you merely complained about the sources. I used those sources because they encapsulate the arguments succinctly without having to burden the thread and feebler brains with the details of them. If you had bothered to look at the contents of any of the posts, a) you could not have responded so quickly, and b) you could have addressed the substance. That you continuously fail to do so, again, says everything about your integrity and acumen, and nothing about what I posted. I am not "running away", I am throwing up quietly in the corner and laughing up my sleeve. It is wearying to match wits with an unarmed man. It makes me feel like a bully. When you have a comment of substance, as I said, I will welcome you back with open arms. Until then. Stop. Being. A. Troll*.

* "a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain." Wikipedia

The first source you use CREW is partisan.
Quote:
The idea for Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) was conceived by Norman Eisen and Louis Mayberg, two lawyers who often donated to Democrat causes. Eisen and Mayberg decided they needed a government watchdog to mirror the conservative ethics groups that successfully battled Bill Clinton during the 1990s. Their idea blossomed into CREW, which was born in 2003.

They tapped former Democrat Senate aide Melanie Sloan to run the new organization. Sloan built the group into a major player in the progressive movement, filing numerous charges against the George W. Bush administration and Republicans in Congress. In 2015, she yielded control of CREW to another former Senate Democrat aide, Noah Bookbinder.

My complaint about your source is justified. The bias of your first source negated any credibility for the rest of them, which I also investigated.
If you had bothered to look at the contents of any of the posts, a) you could not have responded so quickly, and b) you could have addressed the substance.

How the hell would you that I couldn't respond to your comments as quickly as I did. You don't know how fast I can read nor do you know how familiar I am with the sources you used. Having been active in politics for a long time I know from years of experience the political leanings of the sources you used.

Save the sanctimonious crap!
That you continuously fail to do so, again, says everything about your integrity and acumen, and nothing about what I posted. I am not "running away", I am throwing up quietly in the corner and laughing up my sleeve. It is wearying to match wits with an unarmed man.

You are not as witty nor as intelligent as you think you are. BTW, don't feel like a bully, you are one.

#315559 - 09/17/19 08:58 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Senator Hatrack Offline

Yeah I've already heard your excuses.

Quote:
"All liberals aren't marxists, but those liberals are aiding and abetting marxists anyway, and besides, they still hate America, want government control over everything, and they'd be much happier if they all became conservatives"

I never said that.

The fact is, you repeated the marxist thing SO MUCH that it stuck, and now you're only trying to defend against your own earlier attention seeking behavior.
I do not blame you for this however.
I believe it stems from your lifetime on the fringes. (both left and right)
You simply do not have any realistic frame of reference for normal ordinary lefties.
You invented your 50 megaton F-bomb marxist broadsides as a defense mechanism.

My lifetime on the fringes? That is a crock of s***! That I was an active grassroots member of the DFL is not being on the fringe. Nor is working for local city and state Republican candidates being on the fringe of the GOP.
Sorry but I did not make this up in my head. Your words, Senator.
In fact, you and I went back and forth on this one for about three days back channel.
Yes, you did. What "back channel" are you talking about?

Originally Posted By: Jefferey J. Haas
"When someone tells you who they are, believe them!"
Maya Angelou said that.

A great poet and very talented woman.
I take you at your word...
You see people who don't agree with your increasingly narrow definition of conservatism and you reflexively label them as godless America hating big government marxists.
Who have said that about?

If asked, you would not be able to describe accurately how the typical normal sane liberal thinks, because you've sawed off any frame of reference to them in your campaign to build Fortress Hatrack...where, in your mind, the only true and valid kernel of conservatism lives.
You needed "the lumber", you see yourself as Keeper of the Flame and you see everyone outside your circle as fire extinguisher salesmen, so it's no wonder you got so good at yelling "GODLESS MARXISTS!".

Since most of my friends are liberals, whom I get along with very well, I know how they think. Also in that I am an atheist being "godless" is something I would agree with them on. So, it is only in your imagination that I ever yelled that.
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J.Haas
The only reason you're denying it now is because you got called out on your constant red-baiting. Don't make me pull up all the actual transcripts of your red-baiting for everyone to see again.

Please do post all of my comments where side all liberals are Marxists.

#315561 - 09/17/19 09:16 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Greger Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Florida
If it makes you feel better, comrade, I'm kind of a Marxist. And I'm also a practicing Pagan who worships the Earth as a living Goddess. A "witch" so to speak and quite godless in the Republican sense of the word. So yes indeedy, some of us are godless Marxists. More probably than you can even imagine.

#315562 - 09/17/19 09:19 PM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I thought, given the length of the response, that friend Hatrack had actually read and responded to the previously, lengthily cited, post...

But, no. More of the same. Nothing of substance, just a lot of griping and accusations, heavily flavored with ... ahem... well, y'all can smell it from there.

Seriously, Senator Hatrack, stop. Your "expose" of CREW is from ... a Koch-funded propaganda website masquerading as something it is not. CORE* (Center for Organizational Research and Education) is a lobbyist-created organization begun with "$600,000 from the Philip Morris tobacco company to fight smoking limitations in restaurants" and to operate as a front for various ultra-right, anti-science organizations. "In addition to its own websites the CCF, which since 2014 also uses the name "Center for Organizational Research and Education"(CORE), operates several dozen websites specifically targeting organizations and agencies working on social issues including animal rights, fair wages, transfats, drunken driving, sugar, labor union activities, and mercury content in fish." Yeah, a really, really reliable counter source to facts.

This is pathetic, my friend. Really and truly pathetic.

*NOT the venerable "Congress of Racial Equality," an organization founded in 1942, mind you, but a recently minted fake.org using the same name to confuse and detract, as do most of its subsidiary websites.

#315576 - 09/18/19 04:28 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Senator Hatrack Offline

I thought, given the length of the response, that friend Hatrack had actually read and responded to the previously, lengthily cited, post...

But, no. More of the same. Nothing of substance, just a lot of griping and accusations, heavily flavored with ... ahem... well, y'all can smell it from there.

Seriously, Senator Hatrack, stop. Your "expose" of CREW is from ... a Koch-funded propaganda website masquerading as something it is not. CORE* (Center for Organizational Research and Education) is a lobbyist-created organization begun with "$600,000 from the Philip Morris tobacco company to fight smoking limitations in restaurants" and to operate as a front for various ultra-right, anti-science organizations. "In addition to its own websites the CCF, which since 2014 also uses the name "Center for Organizational Research and Education"(CORE), operates several dozen websites specifically targeting organizations and agencies working on social issues including animal rights, fair wages, transfats, drunken driving, sugar, labor union activities, and mercury content in fish." Yeah, a really, really reliable counter source to facts.

This is pathetic, my friend. Really and truly pathetic.

*NOT the venerable "Congress of Racial Equality," an organization founded in 1942, mind you, but a recently minted fake.org using the same name to confuse and detract, as do most of its subsidiary websites.

No, NW Ponderer what is really and truly pathetic is that if a source is liberal, like CREW is, it can do no wrong. But a Conservative source can do nothing right. What is even more pathetic is that because I don't agree with you, your mistaken belief that I didn't thoroughly read your post. Then the most pathetic of all is you calling me your friend. Friends respect each other. Whenever I have disagreed with your response is that of parent to a wayward child.

The rules here at the Rant prevent from telling what I think you should do. Are you so insecure that you can't handle it when someone disagrees with you? Your replies sure as hell show that you are!

#315577 - 09/18/19 04:36 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Senator Hatrack]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

But a Conservative source can do nothing right.

Senator, you are defending the "Thank You For Smoking" people.

Seriously...you really are.

You sure this is the "hill you want to die on?" <<-figure of speech

#315580 - 09/18/19 05:47 AM Re: What Can Be Done About The Bipartisan Corruption In Our Government? [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Senator Hatrack Offline

But a Conservative source can do nothing right.

Senator, you are defending the "Thank You For Smoking" people.

Seriously...you really are.

You sure this is the "hill you want to die on?" <<-figure of speech

In America everyone deserves to be defended, even the "Thank You For Smoking" people. Which is actually a funny movie based on a satirical novel by Christopher Buckley.

Page 8 of 15 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 15 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2